Where my Jelly Fam H8ers at?

bfast

Reaction score
No, Isaiah is not one of our top 3-4 players, but this is exactly the type of performance we need from him this year. He got up to 15 points to put icing on the jelly doughnut.

You can see that he's improved this year. Smarter decisions (still a lot to clean up before he's a mainstay player), good passes, decent outside shooting, and the ability to drive and make layups with high degree of difficulty.

Let's hope he takes this boost in confidence and keeps building.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

No, Isaiah is not one of our top 3-4 players, but this is exactly the type of performance we need from him this year. He got up to 15 points to put icing on the jelly doughnut.

You can see that he's improved this year. Smarter decisions (still a lot to clean up before he's a mainstay player), good passes, decent outside shooting, and the ability to drive and make layups with high degree of difficulty.

Pitino clearly has confidence in him by leaving him in at the end of the game and a high amount of minutes last night. His play looked night and day compared to the previous games this year. Not sure why the big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitino clearly has confidence in him by leaving him in at the end of the game and a high amount of minutes last night. His play looked night and day compared to the previous games this year. Not sure why the big difference.

He's clearly a confidence player. When things are going well, he's playing without fear, and he's playing well. When he's not confident, he's trying to do too much, he's overthinking everything, and things grind to a halt. I hope this starts a run of confident play.

His first half was stellar. Second half I found myself getting frustrated at his decision-making again. But certainly a much better performance than the other games this season.

He is getting better, probably because Pitino usually yanks him after doing bone-headed things but you can still see he still has that "playground" in him and it's still frustrating. But yes, he does seem to be trying. My issues are when he runs light speed up the court and dives into trees and gets out of control, or when he brings up the ball and dribbles around and bricks the ball without ever passing it to anyone else. I guess if he made more shots, some of us wouldn't mind so much but we have yet to see that. He has a ton of talent, he just needs to be disciplined and learn college ball and get out of the playground ball phase.

Great 1st half, still not stellar defense but what we need. Many people on here are not IW haters, pretty much everyone on here wants him to do well. People get frustrated watching poor basketball with low efficiency numbers. Lets see how he does in a half court game of precision .

The play where Murphy hit him under the bucket, he faked the shot dribbled through and got it to Gabe for the 3 was a play that showed he is developing. In the past he has been unaware and went up and got stuffed. He still drives me crazy on lazy passes, as has Coffey.

There's no reason he can't be a middle income Kemba Walker.

He needs to be given the keys because he is our best, if not only, realistic point guard. He can only get better with playing time, and I would add PT with other guys who can score. The "decision making" that people complain about seems to come more often than not when he is on the floor with the guys who struggle to score. Get him on the floor with Murphy, Coffey and Gabe, and you'll see fewer out of system shots and a lot more assists.

We live or die with IW playing 30 minutes a game. We may as well get going on it now.

The Coffey point guard experiment is horrible. The list of things he can't do with his right hand would go on forever. Oturo needs to get in the weight room. He seems to get rebounds, then can't get it up fast or strong enough to capitalize. Hopefully Curry is healthy and can put in some good minutes besides Murphy. Looks like bubble team to me. My rube comment is Gabe reminds me of Klay Thompson.

He needs to be given the keys because he is our best, if not only, realistic point guard.

We live or die with IW playing 30 minutes a game. We may as well get going on it now.

Well, that's pretty much the long and short of it. It's not like our choice is between Washington and the next Steve Nash.

I liked how he calmly knocked down 2 free throws near the game

He needs to be given the keys because he is our best, if not only, realistic point guard. He can only get better with playing time, and I would add PT with other guys who can score. The "decision making" that people complain about seems to come more often than not when he is on the floor with the guys who struggle to score. Get him on the floor with Murphy, Coffey and Gabe, and you'll see fewer out of system shots and a lot more assists.

I think if he can start to consistently play the way he did last night his minutes will go way up. He played under control for the most part and avoided the dumb mistakes that have plagued him at times. When he does that he is really good and something this team desperately needs. Hopefully the lightbulb is starting to go on for him.

He played well last night. Made some shots, some great passes and broke down the defense a couple of times. Including a meaningful layup as the shot clock expired. He makes mistakes but so does everyone else. I think we focus too much on his and not enough on others.

IWs mistakes are usually from being aggressive (though he threw one terrible pass last night when rotating the ball) and yes, somewhat out of control. But he pushes pace and the game is different when he is in it

IW's play is what determines his playing time. When he's smart with the basketball, he gets a lot of minutes. As he should.

He doesn't have to be perfect to be effective. He just has to avoid unforced errors.

His problem has been consistency. As a friend of mine used to say, "You can't be consistent every now and then."

JTG

Teams that force IW to play half-court basketball will frustrate him and he will slump his shoulders and pout.
OSU played right into IWs comfort zone with an up-pace game. IW looks competent in those games.

The Coffey point guard experiment is horrible. The list of things he can't do with his right hand would go on forever. Oturo needs to get in the weight room. He seems to get rebounds, then can't get it up fast or strong enough to capitalize. Hopefully Curry is healthy and can put in some good minutes besides Murphy. Looks like bubble team to me. My rube comment is Gabe reminds me of Klay Thompson.

No doubt. Coffey can buy some time & cause trouble matchup wise, but too many deficiencies kills offensive flow. I like the length on “D”, but might not worth the trade off. Better suited elsewhere. His lack of even attempting to finish with the right is going to get him hurt... or hurt his NBA stock.

I think Curry will be a big boost, after shaking some rust & gaining confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teams that force IW to play half-court basketball will frustrate him and he will slump his shoulders and pout.
OSU played right into IWs comfort zone with an up-pace game. IW looks competent in those games.

Yeah, because the gophers half court offense without him is so good.

What stuck out to me last night was his enthusiasm and energy while on the bench. In the past he would hang his head and shrug his shoulders, but he seems to be developing the "want to". By his Senior season I can see him as the spark plug of the team.

Haters? I'm not sure that anyone has been a "h8er". Being a little disappointed with his play doesn't make anyone a "h8er". I'm happy that Washington plays for this team. He's only a sophomore. But he's got to develop his shot.....because right now......he's not an outside threat.

I’ve noticed that when he makes an early shot or two, his confidence jumps up high, he smiles and plays more loosely. The opposite happens when he misses his early shots. I wish the misses didn’t affect the rest of his play so greatly. Fun to watch him when he is playing well.

The play where Murphy hit him under the bucket, he faked the shot dribbled through and got it to Gabe for the 3 was a play that showed he is developing. In the past he has been unaware and went up and got stuffed. He still drives me crazy on lazy passes, as has Coffey.
My favorite play of the game. The announcers talked about how he was doing jumping jacks down there, but I thought it looked more like he was running an aerobics class down there with his double jump fake sending 3 defenders airborne. Good decision making definitely occurred there on his part.

Do you think the pouting and shrugging of shoulders will disappear with maturity? I'm hoping by the time he's a jr-sr, that he still isn't doing that when things don't always go his way. I'm pulling for him and would love to watch him grow and lead this team at the point.

Do you think the pouting and shrugging of shoulders will disappear with maturity? I'm hoping by the time he's a jr-sr, that he still isn't doing that when things don't always go his way. I'm pulling for him and would love to watch him grow and lead this team at the point.

Ask Amir Coffey if it ever goes away.

I am not an IW hater, but I will become a supporter of his play when he starts to play team basketball and cares about his defense as much as he does dribbling between his legs. He has some basketball skills but is more worried about making a spectacular play than making a winning play. I'm hoping he figures it out soon as there are very limited point guard options on the roster for this season.

I am not an IW hater, but I will become a supporter of his play when he starts to play team basketball and cares about his defense as much as he does dribbling between his legs. He has some basketball skills but is more worried about making a spectacular play than making a winning play. I'm hoping he figures it out soon as there are very limited point guard options on the roster for this season.

So your saying Washington isn't a team player? Do you know him? Is that what he told you? Come on!

McKinley almost had a triple double today by the way

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom