***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS OKLAHOMA STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!***

Even the B1G network seemed apologetic about the camera angle.
Ticket prices not worth it. I'd rather see the women play at the Barn.
I'm hoping that's not the court angles for the Final Four. If so...it will suck.

He was, but he couldn't shoot... so my point is if Washington would realize he's not all that great, he might become a good player for us.

So many times today he ran up the court, dribbled around and threw up some bricks without involving anyone else on the team.... not good.

I thought he played well tonight. He was 5 of 10 so it's not like he missed a lot of shots or took a lot of wild shots. He's one of only two guys on the team who can regularly dribble in traffic and get a shot off on his own so he has to take some of those. His turnovers were more on passes than dribbles tonight and he did lead the team in assists.

I'm hoping that's not the court angles for the Final Four. If so...it will suck.

It's the same angle for every Final Four - and most regionals - every year in every football stadium. Get used to it.

All I can say is thank god. I don't think a Gopher lead has been safe since Clem Haskins was roaming the sidelines. This might have been the biggest collapse at all. It was ridiculous when they lost a 15 point halftime lead to MSU two years ago, but an 18 point lead with 10 minutes to play? In college basketball? It was amazing the efficiency with which they gave it up too... it went from a laugher to "oh my god what is happening" in less than 3 minutes.

Officially the Gophers were charged with 18 turnovers but it felt like even more. Perhaps most concerning is that SIX different players tied for the team lead with 3. Almost every one of the turnovers was completely avoidable from just losing control of the dribble to travelling to throwing the ball out of bounds. It's a major concern that this issue has seemingly showed up in every game and that's before conference play when the scouting reports or player tendencies get even tighter.

The bright side was that Matz Stockman was absolutely fantastic in the first half, and Isaiah Washington had by far his best game of the season. Jordan Murphy was the man and seemed to come up with the buckets to get us back in the game in the first half and the big rebounds late in the second half. Really great to see Dupree knock down a couple 3's as well.

I really have no idea what to make of this team as they probably looked the best they have all year in this game yet still looked absolutely atrocious early in the 13-0 run and again to blow much of the 18 point lead. They haven't put 35 minutes together much less 40 all season. That said, the record is really all that matters at the end of the day and everyone would have taken 4-1 against Utah, Texas A&M, Washington, Boston College, and Oklahoma State.

Absolutely crucial to at least split the opening 2 B1G games, really need to set a tone of winning at home too.

I thought he played well tonight. He was 5 of 10 so it's not like he missed a lot of shots or took a lot of wild shots. He's one of only two guys on the team who can regularly dribble in traffic and get a shot off on his own so he has to take some of those. His turnovers were more on passes than dribbles tonight and he did lead the team in assists.

Agreed. Washington was a major difference maker tonight

Agreed, this was IWs best game of the season by far imo. He showed a lot of promise and if can play like he did tonight, we will be in good shape. He made some mistskes on offense, but he also played quite well on defense and overall I felt he was an asset rather than a liability on the court.

Stayed away from the boards tonight, and actually saw a lot of good.

Also something I noticed: I think we scored about 23 points in 3 total minutes of game time with runs of 8-0, 8-0, and 7-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the same angle for every Final Four - and most regionals - every year in every football stadium. Get used to it.
No...it isn't. Show us some angles from past Final Fours and tonight's angle. This one was at a lower angle.

Is the camera angle that bad? It looked a lot like most of the BB games in domes I've ever watched.

The turnover issue is largely Pitino's inability to convince the team and the ball handlers in particular that they don't have to make superhuman plays in order to score and win. This team's carelessness with the ball is disturbing and infuriating. It screams lack of discipline and control.

This. Coffey especially. Barreling toward the hoop and frantically flinging the ball at the basket as you fly out of bounds isn't working.

No...it isn't. Show us some angles from past Final Fours and tonight's angle. This one was at a lower angle.

I'm actually kinda disappointed I will have to be there in April watching in person and won't be able to enjoy the stunning angle quality.

I'm actually kinda disappointed I will have to be there in April watching in person and won't be able to enjoy the stunning angle quality.

I mean if you're giving away the tickets...I'm happy to play seat filler. :cool:

Even the B1G network seemed apologetic about the camera angle.
Ticket prices not worth it. I'd rather see the women play at the Barn.

The ticket prices anywhere aren't worth it. Let us know about the womens games please!

Seth Greenberg said Monday we could be a second weekend team if we handle the ball. Right now I dont see it!

FWIW, I enjoyed the camera angle tonight and it did seem similar to me to what we've seen from previous Final Fours in big stadiums. I probably wouldn't want to see it every game, but enjoyed it tonight. Felt like you could get a better feel for who was really working on defense...Dupree, Gabe, and Amir were really doing a nice job of moving their feet and sticking to shooters late in the second half.

Bad atmosphere in stadium. I had fun though. Glad they won

The ticket prices anywhere aren't worth it. Let us know about the womens games please!

Women’s games are a blast. Spent $34 (after fees) for two tickets vs Syracuse. Got two NICE T-shirts. No advertising on them or anything. Got our picture with THE axe. Bottomless popcorn for $6.50 (ate 2, brought one home!) and a $6 soda (cool, reusable cup). Plus an absolute whale of a game. Add parking ($10) and we had a great night for $56.50. But that includes two nice shirts!!!

Women’s games are a blast. Spent $34 (after fees) for two tickets vs Syracuse. Got two NICE T-shirts. No advertising on them or anything. Got our picture with THE axe. Bottomless popcorn for $6.50 (ate 2, brought one home!) and a $6 soda (cool, reusable cup). Plus an absolute whale of a game. Add parking ($10) and we had a great night for $56.50. But that includes two nice shirts!!!

A win is a win

I spent about 3 minutes getting angry about the camera angle, and all the empty US Bank Stadium luxrury seats that could have been given away to poor children, or Gopher Marketeers, and it just POed me.

The camera angle turned out to be great.

I spent about 3 minutes getting angry about the camera angle, and all the empty US Bank Stadium luxrury seats that could have been given away to poor children, or Gopher Marketeers, and it just POed me.

The camera angle turned out to be great.
It was unwatchable for the first few minutes but turned out to be OK. Still a bummer to not be able to see what player spacing and the size of lane gaps. It looked like every drive was easy.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

All I can say is thank god. I don't think a Gopher lead has been safe since Clem Haskins was roaming the sidelines. This might have been the biggest collapse at all. It was ridiculous when they lost a 15 point halftime lead to MSU two years ago, but an 18 point lead with 10 minutes to play? In college basketball? It was amazing the efficiency with which they gave it up too... it went from a laugher to "oh my god what is happening" in less than 3 minutes.

Officially the Gophers were charged with 18 turnovers but it felt like even more. Perhaps most concerning is that SIX different players tied for the team lead with 3. Almost every one of the turnovers was completely avoidable from just losing control of the dribble to travelling to throwing the ball out of bounds. It's a major concern that this issue has seemingly showed up in every game and that's before conference play when the scouting reports or player tendencies get even tighter.

The bright side was that Matz Stockman was absolutely fantastic in the first half, and Isaiah Washington had by far his best game of the season. Jordan Murphy was the man and seemed to come up with the buckets to get us back in the game in the first half and the big rebounds late in the second half. Really great to see Dupree knock down a couple 3's as well.

I really have no idea what to make of this team as they probably looked the best they have all year in this game yet still looked absolutely atrocious early in the 13-0 run and again to blow much of the 18 point lead. They haven't put 35 minutes together much less 40 all season. That said, the record is really all that matters at the end of the day and everyone would have taken 4-1 against Utah, Texas A&M, Washington, Boston College, and Oklahoma State.

Absolutely crucial to at least split the opening 2 B1G games, really need to set a tone of winning at home too.

I think Richard needs to borrow PJ’s phrase “The ball is the program”. I didn’t see a minute of the game but I see a common thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t on the board all night. Couple of basic take aways I had..I apologize if it’s been mentioned.

*Hated the camera angle at first, grew on me and really didn’t notice it towards the end.

*Oturu is playing like a freshman. He thinks he can do what he did in HS below the basket. He hasn’t gotten “smart” yet.

*I feel Washington is our best option at PG. yes, he can be erratic and a bull in a china shop at times, but he’s a pure PG and can dish the ball.

*Coffey disappears too often. There are times you don’t even know he’s out there. I don’t know, I guess I expected more this year.

*Murph is Murph and he plays so much bigger than he is. Strong hands, great positioning. Really fun to watch work.

*Curry will be a welcome addition. I miss his play and I think he adds another dimension we have missed more than we know.

*The were up 18 with like 7 minutes left and ALL of them got extremely lazy on both ends. Seemed to happen right after an OSU time out. Kinda made me think Pitino was too relaxed with them. This is a team that can’t afford to coast...ever.

Some random thoughts as I watched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a great time taking a bunch of kids to the game. They got a whole stadium tour and liked the college game experience.

Coffey will be back next year unless he suddenly takes his game to a whole new level. Which is probably good for Gopher fans, though I would like to see him become that dominant wing we all thought/know he can be.

Coffey's game is suffering from running the point. He's a spot shooter, slasher, and rim runner. He cannot do much of any of that while at the point.

Top Bottom