Our Five: The Most Disappointing College Teams of 2018 - You can guess #1

Wisconsin lost its way. They were and were touted as having an experienced line and running game. Most of the time from the I with a fullback. The QB was there to compliment the running game with play action. They have gone away from that with the fad of a shot gun attack where an experienced and athletic QB can make the difference. The pocket passer becomes a target, and any push up the middle makes the QB a liability. Hornibrook nor Coan are dual threat QB's.

How many times during the Axe game did Wisconsin take Taylor out and become one dimensional? Putting the game in Hornibrook's hands.

There has never been a good reason why we couldn't replicate what made Wisconsin successful. Last saturday, we did what they used to do to us.....and pound in in the trenches. Of course.....the turnover battle was heavy on our side as well, but much of that starts from the push at the front.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the battle for the AXE next year at TCF. I was at our last home win in 2003.

The preseason rankings have always been a complete waste of time, and serve no productive purpose, other than promoting website clicks and readership. Wisconsin at 4, Miami, and USC stand out to me. There are probably several better examples that I am too lazy to look up. (was Louisville ranked this year in the preseason?)

Wisconsin lost a ton of talent on defense and never should have been ranked #4. Then again Hornibrook, in the Orange Bowl made that offense look much better than any Wisconsin team lI have seen with the exception of 2011 Russell Wilson. In defense of the oters, Wisconsin did have Taylor, the O Line, and two other good backs returning, so although not #4 they should have been better than 7-5. I though Paul Cryst was a great OC when at Wisconsin, but their team looked awful on offense this year. I will credit Joe Rossie and the team for what they did though.

Last edited:

Top Bottom