Carly Thibault Dudonis

Flash30

Reaction score
I think her impact can’t be stated enough, just like Whalen. If I remember correctly CTD is a defensive coach. What I saw tonight against Syracuse was tenacious woman to woman defense, proper switches, fighting through screens, and excellent help defense. How long does she stick around until she gets a head coaching offer? She has a bright future.

Why does she have to leave? Her and Whalen have a special relationship so I can see her wanting to stay here.

Didn't Lindsay Whalen live with them for a time when she was with the Connecticut Sun? Her dad Mike Thibault was Whalen's coach.

She credited Mike Thibault for teaching her how to be a professional player. Carly did not fall too far from the apple tree. She learned the family business from her dad.

Last edited:

Actually she was Mississippi St’s free throws coach, so she might be the one we should be bitching about.

Hard to say... people refuse to come to terms l that Whalen has zero previous coaching experience on any level, so she’s had to have leaned pretty heavy on the assistants.

But the Gophers have good players gathered by Stollings. It doesn’t take a genius to change that god-awful defense they’ve had the last few seasons. Most of us that were here last season could see that.

What I like about Whalen is the emphasis on practicing like a game is on the line. The defensive performance is just Wow.

What I like about Whalen is the emphasis on practicing like a game is on the line. The defensive performance is just Wow.

I have three kids playing basketball right now and I made all three of them watch the game last night after their practices. Spent the entire time talking them about effort and desire to get the ball. We watched the Gophers play defense and rebound and that seemed to really fire them up. My son is already on board with fighting in the paint but my two petite daughters aren't as into it. Seeing other girls fight last night really excited them so I'm hoping they take it with them on the court Saturday morning.

I made watching 15 minutes of the game a homework assignment for my teams.....I hope they did their homework because there will be a quiz on it.

Excellent! You sound like a great coach and parent. My Dad did the same with me and I lead my college team in rebounding for 3 years. Rebounding is an attitude . Go Gophers !

Top Bottom