Mea Culpa

I wouldn't believe a word this screwball says. This is one thread I won't be coming back to.

Sorry I've been away from the interwebs Gopher fans. I've been attending to my sickly grandmother the past few days. You may think I haven't been able to man-up and take my comeuppance after my Badgers finally let down their guard and allowed the Gopherfootball program a tiny slice of joy. I'm happy for ya! Go chop something down with that stick you won. Close down the streets so that the gilded-Gopher fandom can take a gander at something that comes around as often as Halley's Comet.

I've put a on charade for almost 12 years or so? Here's the truth. I'm.... wait for it - not a Badger fan. AT. ALL.

I won' disclose my GopherHole moniker but suffice it to say I've been posting on this forum since its inception and was posting at any of its predecessors since Jason Groth could code software. I did my annual Detlef post first out of sheer boredomfor wanting to tell a tale but when it blossomed into riotous on-line laughter I let my ego get the best of me and decided to continue the saga. Unbeknownst to me I would have to keep this up for the next 12 years.

I imagine most of you knew this was just someone yanking your chain but I assure you there were folks who fell for it hook, line and sinker. For the first couple of years I got direct messages on GopherHole saying something to effect, "I'm a Gopher fan from from Seattle and I took a stein from your bar. Can I mail it back to you?" Truth is, I with another well-known GopherHole poster, did in fact take (smuggle I prefer) a large stein from the Essen Haus following a Gopher loss. Said stein was the center of my storyline. I do wish the memento was around to this day as I would have gladly drank from it following Saturday's win but sadly I think it got misplaced in a west coast move and or did not meet WAF (wife acceptance factor) requirements for home décor.

It was a good run. Amazing how gullible people were as I thought presented enough Easter eggs (clues if you will) throughout my multiple postings to give away the fact that no one other than an ardent Gopher fan could write the things I did. Alas, some people kindly played along and others took it a bit more seriously. Anywho, my 15 minutes of fame are up. I'm retiring this nom de plume from GopherHole lore.

Enjoy the Axe !

Detlef Erlichmann

Hi Studwell. How’s life?

I think I called him out a few years ago when he claimed that the stein was stolen around the time of the Gopher game in November 2006.

Problem was, that year the Axe game was in mid-October.

Of course when it comes to Wisconsin no one beats Chinagopher....

Of course when it comes to Wisconsin no one beats Chinagopher....

Kelly Leeks - what a total tool. Who fakes their own death on a message board? Total choade move.

ChinaGopher.... don’t mess with him. He’ll put a chair leg through your eye.

Kelly Leeks - what a total tool. Who fakes their own death on a message board? Total choade move.

Hahaha. I forgot about you. It’s been over a decade. Hopefully in another 10 years you will not let it get to you. Hope you have a merry Christmas and happy new year.

I don’t believe he faked it. That is to say, I believe he was resurrected. It has been said to happen on occasion, and you can actually look it up!

I think Jason is a fictional character, too.

Seriously...
https://twitter.com/PerhamWDCSports
...he's in Perham. I'll have you know, the Katie Johnson he's tweeted about who's tearing it up for Yellowjackets girls hoops - my niece!

That Jason Broth is too young to have been the board's Jason Groth. Parham area sorts media member Jason G was attending Cloquet H S during the Mason era.

This is a brilliant way of getting out of jumping off the Badger bandwagon...

That Jason Broth is too young to have been the board's Jason Groth. Parham area sorts media member Jason G was attending Cloquet H S during the Mason era.

Two Jason Groths that write sports in Minnesota? Next you're going to tell me there were two Bob Kurtzes.

Hahaha. I forgot about you. It’s been over a decade. Hopefully in another 10 years you will not let it get to you. Hope you have a merry Christmas and happy new year.

True, it may have been awhile ago, but you know the old adage:
Once a choade, always a choade.

Or this one:
Time alone does not make one less of a choade.

Detlef, please show up for Gameday. Who ya' got?

Top Bottom