MN Daily: Taiye and Kehinde Bello Making Names for Themselves

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.mndaily.com/article/2018...and-kehinde-bello-making-names-for-themselves

This season, Taiye Bello has been especially dominant for the Gophers. She started off the year with three consecutive double-doubles, and she's already grabbed 68 rebounds through five games. In spite of this, Taiye Bello speaks humbly about her quick start.

“I felt like this year — because my role is bigger — there is a need to fill that role. With more responsibility, your impact is going to be greater,” said Taiye Bello. “You put in the work in the off-season, and then it’s going to show once you start playing.”

Still, Taiye Bello does not take all the credit for her success. She is thankful for the environment the coaches have created for her, as well as for her relationship with her sister.

“We’ve always played on the same team, so I guess we’re used to it. But it’s definitely nice having my sister. Not only going to the same college, but also playing on the same team as me is fun,” said Taiye Bello. “We pushed each other a lot, especially because we were always doing the same thing in terms of sports. So it’s definitely competitive, which is good, because you have someone always pushing you.”

Top Bottom