Who are you cheering for in Big 10 Championship game?

Who are you cheering for in Big 10 Championship game?

• I'm cheering for Northwestern

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • I'm cheering for Ohio State

Votes: 27 28.7%

• Total voters
My heart: NW (go west, go little guy)
My head: tO$U (need them to be a playoff 4 for a better bowl)

Want OSU to win to bump us up a bowl slot. No fan of Northwestern, we compete with them for recruits.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I voted for OSU simply because my hatred for the SEC surpasses my hard feelings for pretty much anyone in the B1G, and I really dislike it when they get two teams in the playoffs and/or the championship game. I'd like to see a B1G team in the playoff. I'd also like to see a rule where only conference champions can be eligble for the playoffs with some sort of accomodation for independants, but that is another story.

With that being said, Northwestern is perhaps my favorite non-Gopher B1G program, and I always carry a big dislike in my veins for Ohio State so if I don't get my way in this one, I will still sleep pretty well Saturday night. Basically, my heart will pull for Northwestern but my brain will pull for OSU.

Two teams that beat the Gophers...a tie would be nice, then they're both losers.

But realistically, I'll be pulling for our western division colleagues.

I’d love to see Northwestern pull it off, but the playoffs are also more fun for me if a B1G team is in them so I’ll be happy with any result as long as Oklahoma and Georgia lose.

How can you not cheer for Northwestern?

PS Northwestern is one word. The acronym is NU.

Screw the CFP Bid. How can any Big Ten fan cheer for Urban and tOSU? GO CATS!

Want OSU to win to bump us up a bowl slot. No fan of Northwestern, we compete with them for recruits.

We do not compete with Northwestern for recruits. Other division members yes but not them.

I'm cheering for OSU, but only by the slightest margin, in hopes of getting a CFP bid.

But it wouldn't bother me at all if NW beats OSU by 20.[/QUO.

If you are a true gopher fan, you have to want OSU to win by at least 40. Otherwise the Gophers lose at least $14 million in playoff monies. While I don’t care much for Urban M, the gain for the Gophers over rides my feelings.

I'm cheering for OSU, but only by the slightest margin, in hopes of getting a CFP bid.

If you are a true gopher fan, you have to want OSU to win by at least 40. Otherwise the Gophers lose at least $14 million in playoff monies. While I don’t care much for Urban M, the gain for the Gophers over rides my feelings.

What's the money look like if Northwestern wins and goes to the Rose Bowl and OSU and Michigan get NY6 at large bids?

I really wanted NU to beat Notre Dame, but this week I want OSU to crush Northwestern.

OSU belongs in the playoffs, before Oklahoma and others if they play like they showed they can vs. Michigan again this week.

The Big Ten needs to send the best teams forward and if Ohio State plays like they did last week Northwestern has zero chance.

Michigan had talent and coaching that was not far behind Alabama, and what Ohio State did to that defense was incredible.

This, school needs the money with crappy tix sales in all big 3 sports.

Neither. Just hoping for a good game.

Same here. A tOSU win could put them in the CFP, which would be good for the B1G. A Northwestern win would show what a very well-coached/disciplined team without top-drawer talent can do. I'd be fine with either result.

I voted for OSU simply because my hatred for the SEC surpasses my hard feelings for pretty much anyone in the B1G, and I really dislike it when they get two teams in the playoffs and/or the championship game. I'd like to see a B1G team in the playoff. I'd also like to see a rule where only conference champions can be eligble for the playoffs with some sort of accomodation for independants, but that is another story.

With that being said, Northwestern is perhaps my favorite non-Gopher B1G program, and I always carry a big dislike in my veins for Ohio State so if I don't get my way in this one, I will still sleep pretty well Saturday night. Basically, my heart will pull for Northwestern but my brain will pull for OSU.

Perfectly stated.

I would like a Northwestern win and then hear Meyer the Liar again say "I need to spend more time with my family".

Looks like the East is about to go 5-0 against the West in Big Ten championship games.

Looks like the East is about to go 5-0 against the West in Big Ten championship games.

To be fair, Ohio state is 3-0

If you switched Ohio state and any western division team.

Say switch Ohio state to the west and Iowa to the east. The west is by far the better division all of a sudden.
When one team dominates the conference so much, whatever division that team is in is going to dominate.

The SEC West is so much better than the SEC east. But if you moved Bama east and Missouri west...the media would be talking about how much better the sec east is

To be fair, Ohio state is 3-0

If you switched Ohio state and any western division team.

Say switch Ohio state to the west and Iowa to the east. The west is by far the better division all of a sudden.
When one team dominates the conference so much, whatever division that team is in is going to dominate.

The SEC West is so much better than the SEC east. But if you moved Bama east and Missouri west...the media would be talking about how much better the sec east is

OSU definitely skews the balance. Overall, the East’s record against the West is 53-43. Take away games involving the Buckeyes lowers the record to 40-41.

Top Bottom