Who are you cheering for in Big 10 Championship game?

Who are you cheering for in Big 10 Championship game?

• I'm cheering for Northwestern

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • I'm cheering for Ohio State

Votes: 27 28.7%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score
Who you like? Northwestern or Ohio State?

I like Northwestern, but best for the Big Ten Ohio State wins and make the CFP.

Let's go ahead and stir it up - Texas in the Big 12 and Northwestern in the Big 10. Fitz and the Tantrums could usher in a change to the CFP.

Northwestern.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Northwestern. I love seeing a team without the best talent in the world succeed through fundamentals and mistake free football. Also, would be nice to remind everyone that you dont need to be a blue blood to win a conference title.

I hope Lamda Lamda Lamda/Omega Mu crush Alpha Beta/Pi Delta Pi.

Let's go ahead and stir it up - Texas in the Big 12 and Northwestern in the Big 10. Fitz and the Tantrums could usher in a change to the CFP.

The only problem with that is it will allow two SEC teams to get in. I don't think UCF is going to get in no matter what.

I'm cheering for OSU, but only by the slightest margin, in hopes of getting a CFP bid.

But it wouldn't bother me at all if NW beats OSU by 20.

I'm cheering for Alabama, Northwestern, Texas, Clemson and Utah. Oh, and UCF.

That way all this group of 5 nonsense gets ended one way or the other. Either they get beat back into the Rockne age by Bama so no one ever thinks of including them again or The B1G, Pac 12 and Big 12 force the NCAA to go to an eight team tournament!

Either way, college football fans win.

Picked Ohio State because that is the best bet for the conference to get the most teams in high profile games which in turn potentially bumps us up to a better bowl game.

That said, would not be sorry to see Northwestern win. As others have said, just hope it is a good game. If Ohio State's offense gets going quick it could be a long day because Northwestern is not built to strike fast.

Picked Ohio State because that is the best bet for the conference to get the most teams in high profile games which in turn potentially bumps us up to a better bowl game.

Northwestern winning is the best bet for the Big Ten to get three teams in the NYD6 bowls. I don't see how Ohio State beating #21 Northwestern improves their stock if Oklahoma avenges their only loss of the year by beating #14 Texas. It would take a lot of 59-0ish style points for the Buckeyes to leapfrog the Sooners, who have the better resume. Penn State is clearly behind Florida and LSU and won't be in the NYD6.

Cats win, and they get the Rose Bowl with 11-2 Ohio State and 10-2 Michigan near-locks for at-large bids in the Peach/Fiesta.

I suppose I'm just hoping for a good game. I know that Ohio State is always there and some don't like their dominance, but I don't really mind since they're not a rival to us. If the Buckeyes win, right on, hope they represent the conference well. If Northwestern wins, awesome, underdog stories are fun.

Actually this is the first time since 2013 I won't be rooting against a team. Four times in a row had to root against Wiscy and Iowa.

Northwestern winning is the best bet for the Big Ten to get three teams in the NYD6 bowls. I don't see how Ohio State beating #21 Northwestern improves their stock if Oklahoma avenges their only loss of the year by beating #14 Texas. It would take a lot of 59-0ish style points for the Buckeyes to leapfrog the Sooners, who have the better resume. Penn State is clearly behind Florida and LSU and won't be in the NYD6.

Cats win, and they get the Rose Bowl with 11-2 Ohio State and 10-2 Michigan near-locks for at-large bids in the Peach/Fiesta.

Works for me....in that case....Go Cats!

I'm just happy this poll isn't as dumb as last year when some were actually advocating for cheering for wisconsin.

Go Cats

OSU will be destroyed if they make it to the playoff. Better that they don't. I vote for chaos. Specifically hoping Georgia wins so that only two conferences are represented. That will get this sucker expanded to 8 where it should have been for the past 20 years.

Northwestern all the way. Why would anyone cheer for the cheating Buckeyes? Pay guys, do their schoolwork, cover up scandals, cheat cheat cheat and never have any repercussions, screw them.

NW all day!!!
I like Fitz & he's a really good coach.
NW is easily my 2nd favorite Big Ten team.

As frustrating as NU is against us, definitely rooting for NU. OSU has had its time and I want to drive Chaos into the playoff. And, if that also helps us get some bowl lift, super!

I voted Ohio State just because I'd like to see the B1G represented in the CFP.

Who I root for probably depends on other games. If an ultimate chaos scenario starts to unfold I will be a fan of NW for added chaos.

If I knew OSU was not going to get into the playoff whether they won or lost, then I’m rooting for NW. Get tired of hearing about the inferiority of the west division.

Top Bottom