Week 14 Other Games Thread

tOSU 24 NW 21 3rd Qtr 7:00

Fresno St leading Boise 13-7.
It's a snow game which makes the game at Boise watchable.

A snow game in Boise with nearly all of the action between the 20s. The turf is blue, and the red zones are white zones.

OSU and Northwestern good now.

I saw Herbsreit say that he thinks Georgia should not only get in but should be ranked 3rd. I don't agree that it should just be about it being the 4 best teams. It also has to be about who are the most deserving. Otherwise what's the point of keeping track of wins and losses?

I didn’t hear what he said but to me it is pretty clear that Alabama and Georgia are two of the 4 best teams in the country. Ohio State’s already weak case, unless they score 50 in the fourth, is dead after tonight’s performance. UCF?? No way. Hats off to them but the schedule doesn’t stack up. Want to be taken seriously????? Schedule tougher in your non-conference games. Oklahoma has the best case but they are clearly below the other 4 currently ranked in front of them. The Sooners will get in but Alabama will eat them alive.

If it is truly about the 4 best teams in the country, it will be Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Georgia in some order. I know we are sick of the SEC, but that’s how I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU doesn't belong no matter what

Fresno State wins over Boise. Avenges one of their only two losses this year.

I didn’t hear what he said but to me it is pretty clear that Alabama and Georgia are two of the 4 best teams in the country. Ohio State’s already weak case, unless they score 50 in the fourth, is dead after tonight’s performance. UCF?? No way. Hats off to them but the schedule doesn’t stack up. Want to be taken seriously????? Schedule tougher in your non-conference games. Oklahoma has the best case but they are clearly below the other 4 currently ranked in front of them. The Sooners will get in but Alabama will eat them alive.

If it is truly about the 4 best teams in the country, it will be Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Georgia in some order. I know we are sick of the SEC, but that’s how I see it.

UCF has said they keep trying to schedule tougher opponents but no one will do it. I don’t think they should get in either but their schedule is not their fault.

Someone posted on twitter that if Fresno St wins their bowl game, the Gophers win over them will be the first win over a team that finished in the top 25 since 1999.

UCF has said they keep trying to schedule tougher opponents but no one will do it. I don’t think they should get in either but their schedule is not their fault.

They do have Stanford next year as part of a home and home so that is definitely a step up. They may have to do like Florida State so many years ago when Bowden took over and put them on the map if teams won’t do the home and home.

Couldn't disagree more. There's barely 4 teams who deserve to be in this year, let alone 8! I have zero interest in seeing UCF get beat by 60. Who else would be in- Michigan? Florida?? Awful. CFB is unique because the regular season matters like nothing else. Stop trying to make it like the NFL.

Totally agree!

Someone posted on twitter that if Fresno St wins their bowl game, the Gophers win over them will be the first win over a team that finished in the top 25 since 1999.

Huh? I thought the Badgers were in the Top 10 when we just beat them. Maybe I was listening to Badger fans so I could be confused.

The 2003 team that won 10 games didn't have a win over a top-25 team? This is a sad stat if true.

Yer right, far worse than losing by 29 to a middling Big Ten team.

Georgia already lost by 3 touchdowns to a 3 loss LSU team. They were beaten soundly by Alabama despite Tua playing hurt.

They don’t deserve to be in the CFP. The spell the SEC casts on observers is a real problem.

5 conference champs, top rated non-power 5 team and two best at-large. Top 4 conference winners get ranked 1-4, after that rank them regardless if they won their conference or not. First round games are played at the higher seed. 4 winners go to a bowl game similar to how it is now, 4 first round losers also still go to a bowl game against each other. Play the first round the week after the conference championships.

I would not be in favor of all 3 rounds being at neutral sites. Give the higher seeds an advantage.

I like having the 5 conference champs in. It makes perfect sense.

But I don’t think the rest of the field should get in without a conference championship game.

I don’t know how it would work with 8 teams, but with 6 you could have the top two non-p5 have a play in game for the sixth spot. Their ‘conference championship game’.

Becomes a 12 team playoff with championship games being the first round.
Ideally work it for 8 teams to avoid any byes, not sure how though.

Top Bottom