Week 14 Other Games Thread

What a potential turn of events in Arlington. Oklahoma hits a huge pass play but fumbles inside the 10 and Texas recovers. Time to see if Texas has a scoring drive in them ...

Edit: nope, a safety. Looking more and more likely that Oklahoma will clinch their spot in the CFP.

On the safety. By letter of the law, wasn't there forcible contact to the head of the QB? Targeting?

I thought the same thing

I didn't even think it was close. He was almost decapitated with a forearm to the helmet. (don't get me wrong, he blew that play up completely but definitely get the helmet as well).

If they're going to preach player safety, you have to make that call in a championship game just as you would in week 1. There was even an entire TV timeout to review it.

8-game playoff would be garbage. Who actually wants that?

I flip flop on this one. One hand, I love the D2&3 playoff format once they get to the final 8 (the first couple rounds are garbage). I'm watching a D3 game right now. On other hand, an 8-team D1 playoff would destroy the big bowl games; where the CPF has already watered them down.

I'm fine with with the 4-team CFP as long it doesn't devolve into an SEC/ESPN playoff. I wish they would institute a conference championship qualifier.

What a potential turn of events in Arlington. Oklahoma hits a huge pass play but fumbles inside the 10 and Texas recovers. Time to see if Texas has a scoring drive in them ...

Edit: nope, a safety. Looking more and more likely that Oklahoma will clinch their spot in the CFP.

As long as Georgia doesn't win. If Georgia wins, who knows.

I go back and forth on this. Problem being is that if your team goes all the way, the fans are expected to travel 3 times. Is that being realistic on a pocket book? I realize that fans travel for basketball. However for football you're typically dealing with more fans that would be affected.

I’m sure ticket sales would be fine, fans can wait til semis if they wanted. Plus TV revenues would be enormous. The only thing that’s holding it up is making the two title game teams play a possible 16 game season.

That would be the best way to do things. Are you high?

Couldn't disagree more. There's barely 4 teams who deserve to be in this year, let alone 8! I have zero interest in seeing UCF get beat by 60. Who else would be in- Michigan? Florida?? Awful. CFB is unique because the regular season matters like nothing else. Stop trying to make it like the NFL.

Couldn't disagree more. There's barely 4 teams who deserve to be in this year, let alone 8! I have zero interest in seeing UCF get beat by 60. Who else would be in- Michigan? Florida?? Awful. CFB is unique because the regular season matters like nothing else. Stop trying to make it like the NFL.

You’re on crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memphis is going to crush UCF. They are destroying them early 21-7 and just recovered another fumble. The UCF question won't need to be answered tomorrow.

Bama has 4 seniors starting on Offense and Defense. Granted all the juniors will probably declare, so its hard to get a lot of seniors...

Exactly.

I disagree. I'd like to see UCF get their chance (had they had their QB and had they won today), whether or not they lose by 60 or not. You can't tell me it wasn't worth getting to see Boise play OU that year. You give teams a chance because upsets will happen.

**fully admit, not thought out**

I've heard 6 teams mentioned before. Something like the 5 P5 champions plus one at large - could be ND, G5, or a second P5 school. Top 2 get a bye.

Keeps the regular season important. Rewards being a conference champion. Keeps some drama - spots 2/3 and 6/7.

**fully admit, not thought out**

I've heard 6 teams mentioned before. Something like the 5 P5 champions plus one at large - could be ND, G5, or a second P5 school. Top 2 get a bye.

Keeps the regular season important. Rewards being a conference champion. Keeps some drama - spots 2/3 and 6/7.

I like it

I disagree. I'd like to see UCF get their chance (had they had their QB and had they won today), whether or not they lose by 60 or not. You can't tell me it wasn't worth getting to see Boise play OU that year. You give teams a chance because upsets will happen.

I agree. There’s 120 some FBS teams right? 8 game playoff would not cheapen regular season. Every power 5 conference deserves to have their champion in. Put the emphasis on conference champions and winning rather than style points. You can debate that crap for the 3 at large bids.

31-14 Memphis

38-21 now.

In SEC news:
I'm fine with Bama being out if they lose.
Need to stop rewarding teams with weak non-conference who can't win their conference.

If Georgia holds on and both them and Alabama and Notre Dame make playoffs along with Clemson, Big 12, Big Ten, and Pac12 all have good reason to be pissed.

I believe SEC is best, but not by the measure where they should have two teams in out of 4 which ignores over 60% of the CFP football field.

If Georgia holds on and both them and Alabama and Notre Dame make playoffs along with Clemson, Big 12, Big Ten, and Pac12 all have good reason to be pissed.

I believe SEC is best, but not by the measure where they should have two teams in out of 4 which ignores over 60% of the CFP football field.

Well Ohio St is out if Georgia wins no matter what OSU does tonight. It's OU who needs a Bama rally.

Maybe worst fake punt of all time. Georgia should stay home from CFP for that alone.

Well, we now know Georgia isn’t championship material after choking big time in the second half.

Alabama
Irish
Clemson?
Ohio State?
UCF? Lack of big wins, struggled vs Memphis.
Oklahoma? Generally unimpressive 2018. Lost to a mediocre Texas squad.

Last edited:

So minimal chaos.

Georgia out now.

OSU needs to win big to impress.
OK seems like they would be in.

If you are rooting for some chaos, Clemson losing would be nice.

So minimal chaos.

Georgia out now.

OSU needs to win big to impress.
OK seems like they would be in.

If you are rooting for some chaos, Clemson losing would be nice.

Why are people thinking Oklahoma is better than OSU right now? Not sure that’s been explained to my satisfaction. The Purdue loss? Ohio State May be peaking at the right time. Wouldn’t count them out vs anybody.

This should be fun. Ohio State knows they have to have an absolute demolition. Fitzgerald pulls about as much out of middling talent as any coach in America. Can they take down Goliath.

Why are people thinking Oklahoma is better than OSU right now? Not sure that’s been explained to my satisfaction. The Purdue loss? Ohio State May be peaking at the right time. Wouldn’t count them out vs anybody.

Same thing that screwed them last year, a terrible lopsided road loss. Whether that's fair or not, talk to the CFP committee. OSU had a general lack of impressiveness throughout the season (a Robb Smith coached D even looked decent against them ;))

Pat Fitzgerald is twice the size as he was last year. As big as a house. That must be quite a buffet down in Evanston.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing that screwed them last year, a terrible lopsided road loss. Whether that's fair or not, talk to the CFP committee. OSU had a general lack of impressiveness throughout the season (a Robb Smith coached D even looked decent against them ;))

And Oklahoma?

Top Bottom