Utah vs Washington
Texas vs Oklahoma
Stanford vs California
Alabama vs Georgia
Fresno State vs Boise State
Clemson vs Pittsburgh
Northwestern vs Ohio State
Etc.

Bama v Georgia will be interesting. Can the Bulldogs upset the apple cart entirely?

Georgia wins. Clemson wins and the CFP takes Clemson, ND, Georgia and Bama.

Utah vs Washington
Texas vs Oklahoma
Stanford vs California
Alabama vs Georgia
Fresno State vs Boise State
Clemson vs Pittsburgh
Northwestern vs Ohio State
Etc.

For those of you who need a 7 game parlay.

If Georgia beats Alabama, odds increase of getting the 8 game playoff we so desperately seek.

PAC, Big 12, and Big Ten won't be so fond of missing out of CFP again.

They should turn it into the SEC Invitational if this crap keeps up.

If Georgia beats Alabama, odds increase of getting the 8 game playoff we so desperately seek.

While I agree, the Pac 12, Big 12 and Big 10 all had crap years. Oklahoma can't beat Alabama or Clemson. Neither can Ohio St. We'll see if Georgia can. It's really a two team race and they are likely to meet for the tie breaker...

I go back and forth on this. Problem being is that if your team goes all the way, the fans are expected to travel 3 times. Is that being realistic on a pocket book? I realize that fans travel for basketball. However for football you're typically dealing with more fans that would be affected.

I go back and forth on this. Problem being is that if your team goes all the way, the fans are expected to travel 3 times. Is that being realistic on a pocket book? I realize that fans travel for basketball. However for football you're typically dealing with more fans that would be affected.

If they go to 8 teams, the higher seed should get a home game for the first round. Award the higher seeds. Three rounds of "neutral" games would be too much in my opinion.

Bama v Georgia will be interesting. Can the Bulldogs upset the apple cart entirely?

Georgia win an they're in
they lose and Oklahoma is in with a win
they both lose and Ohio State is in with a win.

All three lose and Georgia is in with a close loss.

If they go to 8 teams, the higher seed should get a home game for the first round. Award the higher seeds. Three rounds of "neutral" games would be too much in my opinion.

That should be how it works, but the SEC would never go for that, if they were to have to travel north to play a game. They would demand that the game be moved to a dome so the weather wouldn't be a factor. Either that or the powers that be would always make sure the SEC hosted.

What happens if Georgia gets blown out, while OU and tOSU also get beat.
Does UCF then have a chance?

What happens if Georgia gets blown out, while OU and tOSU also get beat.
Does UCF then have a chance?

If Milton didn't get hurt, I believe they would be the 4th team in this situation. Not sure who it would be now if all of this happened.

If Milton didn't get hurt, I believe they would be the 4th team in this situation. Not sure who it would be now if all of this happened.

And to be honest, they shouldn't be penalized because their QB Is hurt. More than 1 guy has helped them go undefeated 2 years in a row. And if an undefeated team can't get in over a bunch of 2 loss p5 teams, then the system is broken. I take a one loss OU or OSU over them every time, but not a 2 loss team.

8-game playoff would be garbage. Who actually wants that?

8-game playoff would be garbage. Who actually wants that?

5 conference champs, top rated non-power 5 team and two best at-large. Top 4 conference winners get ranked 1-4, after that rank them regardless if they won their conference or not. First round games are played at the higher seed. 4 winners go to a bowl game similar to how it is now, 4 first round losers also still go to a bowl game against each other. Play the first round the week after the conference championships.

I would not be in favor of all 3 rounds being at neutral sites. Give the higher seeds an advantage.

And to be honest, they shouldn't be penalized because their QB Is hurt. More than 1 guy has helped them go undefeated 2 years in a row. And if an undefeated team can't get in over a bunch of 2 loss p5 teams, then the system is broken. I take a one loss OU or OSU over them every time, but not a 2 loss team.

I agree but you know it will. It does in college basketball.

I agree but you know it will. It does in college basketball.

I know it will too. They have no chance. And only because the QB is hurt. Well that and they failed to play anyone good.

The way Ohio State disemboweled a really good Michigan defense bodes well for their chances in the CFP

One of my bigger pet peeves is so many college football fans downplaying how teams can get better as the season goes on (or worse). What happened in Sept or Oct is sometimes totally irrelevant to the team in late November thus the reason a more inclusive playoff is needed. So tired of hearing about strength of schedule, blah blah beauty pageant nonsense.

Give the Best Overall Season Accomplishment award to Bama but let them play vs the field for the national title.

Last edited:

Anyone see the end of the Washington-Utah game? Big missed PI on Washington on 4th down. Utah was pissed.

There’s a sweet Gopher flag behind Herbstreit on Gameday right now.

Anyone see the end of the Washington-Utah game? Big missed PI on Washington on 4th down. Utah was pissed.

Yeah, technically PI but those early hits seemingly happen in every game every week and are never called. The rule book is merely a set of suggestions.

5 conference champs, top rated non-power 5 team and two best at-large. Top 4 conference winners get ranked 1-4, after that rank them regardless if they won their conference or not. First round games are played at the higher seed. 4 winners go to a bowl game similar to how it is now, 4 first round losers also still go to a bowl game against each other. Play the first round the week after the conference championships.

I would not be in favor of all 3 rounds being at neutral sites. Give the higher seeds an advantage.

Agree 100%. Been advocating that for years (not that anybody cares or is listening). Only minor disagreement is I would give top 4 ranked teams home for first round, not necessarily just top 4 conference champs. So, if (and I'm not a ND fan), Notre Dame is ranked in top 4, they could get a first round home game. Technically, so could the top non power 5 team, though that would be highly unlikely.

Yeah, technically PI but those early hits seemingly happen in every game every week and are never called. The rule book is merely a set of suggestions.

But in this case the only reason the defender was able to knock the ball down was by running through the receiver. Should have been an easy call in my opinion.

Buffalo sure let that one get away

No kidding!

We were sitting at US Bank Stadium watching the Gophers beat OSU. We periodically checked the Buffalo/UNI and Utah/WA scores. We looked and saw that Buffalo was up 29-10 in the 3rd. Didn't check for awhile because it looked like it was over.

When we did check again it was 30-29 UNI!

Unreal, but the unpredictability is another reason to love College Football

But in this case the only reason the defender was able to knock the ball down was by running through the receiver. Should have been an easy call in my opinion.

I’m not disagreeing with you, just pointing out textbook offensive holding and defensive PI infractions are not called de rigueur which can be frustrating when borderline infractions are suddenly called seemingly out of the blue. Along those lines the RPO might cease to exist if the the 3 yard rule were more closely enforced.

The PAC 12 had the well publicized incident in September where the league general counsel overrode a targeting call during a game. The leagues have an image problem with officiating and favoritism but until there is widespread protests nothing will happen. People aren’t ready to shut off college football over a few bad calls whether they change the outcome of the game or not. Bad officiating is part of the fabric of the game. It’s entertainment, after all. The NFL gave up on legitimacy years ago.

Big 12 Championship off to a fast start in a first one to 50 game.

Buckeye fans and fans of chaos will want Texas to win this.

Top Bottom