Week 14 Other Games Thread

OSU got destroyed by Purdue. They’re out.

Seems like OSU has a much more impressive win but a worse loss. Higher highs, lower lows.

OSU got destroyed by Purdue. They’re out.

How much money would you put on that re: OSU Vs Oklahoma straight up? Yeah, not much. Their win over Michigan was far more impressive than anything Oklahoma has done all year.

Maybe worst fake punt of all time. Georgia should stay home from CFP for that alone.

While I will admit that I probably would have punted and made Alabama Drive the length of the field, I’m not gonna kill Smart over the decision he made. Georgia had not stopped Bama’s offense at all since the first half of the third quarter. Knowing that, Smart may have thought his best chance to with with under 3 to play was getting that first down and getting in field goal range. Given the way the game was playing out, I could understand that line of thinking.

Regardless, we clearly just saw 2 of the 4 best teams in the country play each other. Georgia is better than Ohio State, Oklahoma UCF or anyone else wanting to claim the four spot........but instead we will get to watch Bama wax someone else in the semifinals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going to be great when the playoff finally expands. Interest will skyrocket as more teams remain in the hunt for a title.

While I will admit that I probably would have punted and made Alabama Drive the length of the field, I’m not gonna kill Smart over the decision he made. Georgia had not stopped Bama’s offense at all since the first half of the third quarter. Knowing that, Smart may have thought his best chance to with with under 3 to play was getting that first down and getting in field goal range. Given the way the game was playing out, I could understand that line of thinking.

Regardless, we clearly just saw 2 of the 4 best teams in the country play each other. Georgia is better than Ohio State, Oklahoma UCF or anyone else wanting to claim the four spot........but instead we will get to watch Bama wax someone else in the semifinals.

I didn’t see that. Georgia was owned in the second half. They certainly don’t deserve a rematch after that choke.

It’s going to be great when the playoff finally expands. Interest will skyrocket as more teams remain in the hunt for a title.

While I agree with that statement, and wouldn’t mind see a small expansion, perhaps to 6 teams, there have never been 8 teams at the end deserving to play for the title. Not this year, or any year. After Alabama, Clemson, ND and Georgia, the others clearly drop off in my opinion.

I didn’t see that. Georgia was owned in the second half. They certainly don’t deserve a rematch after that choke.

I’m not saying I’d prefer to see a rematch either, just that Georgia clearly is the 4th best team in the country.....in my opinion.

While I agree with that statement, and wouldn’t mind see a small expansion, perhaps to 6 teams, there have never been 8 teams at the end deserving to play for the title. Not this year, or any year. After Alabama, Clemson, ND and Georgia, the others clearly drop off in my opinion.

That’s just it, our opinions are worth nothing.

I’m not saying I’d prefer to see a rematch either, just that Georgia clearly is the 4th best team in the country.....in my opinion.

Like I said, I disagree. Alabama has let a lot of teams in the first half only to crush them in the second. I’ve seen that movie many times.

NW and tOSU 7-7 tie at 6:37 1st Quarter.

Why are people thinking Oklahoma is better than OSU right now? Not sure that’s been explained to my satisfaction. The Purdue loss? Ohio State May be peaking at the right time. Wouldn’t count them out vs anybody.

Georgia is better than Ohio St. Oklahoma is more deserving. If you think Texas is mediocre, what is Purdue, awful?

How much money would you put on that re: OSU Vs Oklahoma straight up? Yeah, not much. Their win over Michigan was far more impressive than anything Oklahoma has done all year.

Doesn’t matter, you can’t lose to a 6-6 team by 4 touchdowns. It’s a 13 game playoff.

Yer right, far worse than losing by 29 to a middling Big Ten team.

Pitt looked awful to start.
One of their first series was:
Almost delay of game, timeout, delay of game out of the timeout, interception down to the 2.
Now only down 14-9 to Clemson.

If Zack Annexstad had taken the Pitt scholarship, he would be starting because the Pitt QB looks horrendous.

Turnover Northwestern. They need a stop.

Last year Clemson lost to a 4-8 Syracuse team. That was ok by the committee.

Fresno St. up 10-7 at half over Boise St.

Pat Fitzgerald embarrassing the Big Ten West right now.

Fitzgerald calling timeout so OSU would go for another TD 1 minute before the half says, here Kirby Smart, hold my beer. Especially when you’re receiving the ball to start the 2nd half.

Fresno St leading Boise 13-7.
It's a snow game which makes the game at Boise watchable.

I would have just kept the offense on the field then. If it was 4th and short, I would understand a fake punt. But it was 4th and 11 and Bama looked like they were in a safe return.

I saw Herbsreit say that he thinks Georgia should not only get in but should be ranked 3rd. I don't agree that it should just be about it being the 4 best teams. It also has to be about who are the most deserving. Otherwise what's the point of keeping track of wins and losses?

Fresno and Boise tied.

Northwestern making it a game.

Top Bottom