Big Ten Picks, Then and Now

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Now that Big Ten season is upon us (Friday), let’s revisit.

My preseason:
1 MSU
2 Indiana
3 Michigan
4 Wisconsin
5 Nebraska
6 Maryland
7 Gophers
8 Purdue
9 Iowa
10 OSU
11 Illinois
12 Northwestern
13 PSU
14 Rutgers

Revisited
1 Michigan
2 MSU
3 Indiana
4 Maryland
5 Wisconsin
6 Nebraska
7 OSU
8 Purdue
9 Iowa
10 Gophers
11 PSU
12 Northwestern
13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

I'm not happy with this trend line, but hard to argue.

Go Gophers!!

Sadly, my only question was whether PSU should be one notch higher.
That being said, the B1G is clearly better all around than it was last year so though the Gophers are a decent team, being average won't cut it this year.
I hope the BC game was only a blip on the radar, but I can see us winning most of our games at home and losing all of our games away in the B1G.
Bottom line, we have some young players and a few spoiled players that are quick to pout and lose focus.

Hopefully get a good win tomorrow and then a split with OSU/Nebraska at least. Would be nice to get some positive vibes going again.

Tough grading to start 6-1 and drop a spot.[emoji3]

It is more the big ten is a lot better than expected, than the gophers dropping.
I also may believe now that John Belien is the big ten's best coach over Izzo.

This Michigan team has some athletes to play better defense than Michigan teams in the past.

It is more the big ten is a lot better than expected, than the gophers dropping.
I also may believe now that John Belien is the big ten's best coach over Izzo.

I love Izzo and respect him, but Beilien has always been a better coach. Beilien is top 5 in the country x's and o's wise and in game prep.

Now that Big Ten season is upon us (Friday), let’s revisit.

My preseason:
1 MSU
2 Indiana
3 Michigan
4 Wisconsin
5 Nebraska
6 Maryland
7 Gophers
8 Purdue
9 Iowa
10 OSU
11 Illinois
12 Northwestern
13 PSU
14 Rutgers

Revisited
1 Michigan
2 MSU
3 Indiana
4 Maryland
5 Wisconsin
6 Nebraska
7 OSU
8 Purdue
9 Iowa
10 Gophers
11 PSU
12 Northwestern
13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

I respect you putting Iowa above the Gophers here, but I struggle still putting Maryland that high after playing one tough game against Virginia. I also can't give Purdue a ton of credit here either. I still have the gophers at about 8 right now. Lets see how the B10 season and injuries pan out for teams this year. I still think the gophers end up top 6.

Maryland looked very good even though they lost to Virginia. Fernando is a load down low!

If the Gophers shoot well, they can hold their own against these teams. If not, we don't play good enough defense to stay in games.

You can drop Indiana way down, they may be good later but right now they’re worse than A+M.

Top Bottom