Brohmn staying at Purdue

I'm surprised. Good for Purdue. Although I wonder if he'll be a target every single year. It's been 2 for 2 so far.

Soooo many people said Brohm to Louisville was a slam dunk. I’m surprised he is staying and I hope the Gophers beat his team annually.

Meaning he will wait for the next coach to be fired by Vince Tyra.

I don’t understand all the excitement about JB. I believe he’s a good coach, but I don’t believe he’s a great coach. Time will tell, however I’m much happier with Fleck. JB has gone 7-5 and 6-6, and yes they beat OSU, but they have a history of playing them tough; for some reason it just happens to work out that way. I believe the Gopher’s will out perform Purdue over time.

As soon as his meeting with Louisville yesterday “leaked” to the media I became convinced he was staying at PU and was angling for a raise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is he'd probably like to be the Louisville coach but the culture/climate of the administration has a whole lot swirling around at the present. I'm sure anybody wants a more stable environment than Louisville has to commit your life, family, heart and soul to.

Vince Tyra has the patience of an ant.

As soon as his meeting with Louisville yesterday “leaked” to the media I became convinced he was staying at PU and was angling for a raise.

This

I don’t understand all the excitement about JB. I believe he’s a good coach, but I don’t believe he’s a great coach. Time will tell, however I’m much happier with Fleck. JB has gone 7-5 and 6-6, and yes they beat OSU, but they have a history of playing them tough; for some reason it just happens to work out that way. I believe the Gopher’s will out perform Purdue over time.

The only excitement was Louisville. Haven't seen or heard any other schools that were interested. Word is Purdue bumped him up close to $6 million.

The only excitement was Louisville. Haven't seen or heard any other schools that were interested. Word is Purdue bumped him up close to $6 million.

Whoa.

Tennessee talked to him a year ago.

I never said mediocre. I said good but not great. I don’t believe he’s going to lead Purdue to a Big Ten Champioship anytime soon, or ever.

He did lose to Eastern Michigan this year.

Aww rats was hoping to destabilize a division foe, but I think the Gophers can beat them anyway going forward.

My guess is he'd probably like to be the Louisville coach but the culture/climate of the administration has a whole lot swirling around at the present. I'm sure anybody wants a more stable environment than Louisville has to commit your life, family, heart and soul to.

Exactly what I thought when I heard he was staying at Purdue. Louisville athletic department is a $hit$how right now. If he builds a consistent winner at Purdue, he will be able to command an even bigger deal when the Louisville job next opens, most likely in 3 or 4 years.

You did say that and I tend to agree with you as I thought about that earlier in the day.

Exactly what I thought when I heard he was staying at Purdue. Louisville athletic department is a $hit$how right now. If he builds a consistent winner at Purdue, he will be able to command an even bigger deal when the Louisville job next opens, most likely in 3 or 4 years.

I'd be surprised if that Louisville job isn't still radioactive in 3-4 years but I guess time will tell.

If Purdue is raising him to $6 million a year, I'm glad PJ has won one game less so we can keep Fleck at that $3.0-$3.5 million mark.

That loss to Purdue last year is saving Mark Coyle a lot of money.

Should have kept Petrino. Huge buyout, loss of P.J. sponsorship money. AD needs to make a home fun hire or he’s toast.

If Purdue is raising him to $6 million a year, I'm glad PJ has won one game less so we can keep Fleck at that $3.0-$3.5 million mark.

That loss to Purdue last year is saving Mark Coyle a lot of money.

If Brohm had given up 55 points to U of I he would not have been considered for that job. I don't think it has anything to do with win totals so much as consistency and a low-key personality.
I've noticed Fleck has toned his external marketing down a lot since getting here so I assume it won't be long before people start sniffing at him too.

PJ isn't going anywhere. He will be a great coach at Minnesota. Even he knows he isn't a reload 'em coach. He is a break it down and build it from the ground up coach. That is not fun to lather rinse repeat. As you get older the thrill leaves. He has done most of the heavy work here to build the program he wants. Program he demands.

Purdue has a higher ceiling than Louisville. Brohm should stay until USC, Notre Dame types come calling. That might be never. Brohm isn't invested in Purdue like PJ is at Minnesota.

If Brohm had given up 55 points to U of I he would not have been considered for that job. I don't think it has anything to do with win totals so much as consistency and a low-key personality.
I've noticed Fleck has toned his external marketing down a lot since getting here so I assume it won't be long before people start sniffing at him too.

It's a good thing PJ got blown out by Illinois then so we're not paying PJ as much as Brohm is going to get.

Guys - it's spelled Brohmn. The n is silent.

Top Bottom