Season Ticket Renewal Email - Includes Possible shift to North Sidelines for Cold Gam

Bayfield Gopher

Reaction score
2019 Football Season Tickets Now Available

Thank you for your support as a Gopher Football Season Ticket Holder! The 2018 season will continue with a Bowl Game following the Gophers victory over Wisconsin to bring home Paul Bunyan's Axe last Saturday! Stay tuned for Bowl information on Sunday, December 2nd, once the Bowl site and opponent have been determined.

2019 season ticket renewals are also now available! Don't miss five Big Ten home games at TCF Bank Stadium including matchups with Nebraska, Penn State, and Wisconsin. Excitement for the future of Gopher Football continues to grow as Head Coach P.J. Fleck and his coaching staff will welcome another standout recruiting class to Minnesota on National Signing Day on Wednesday, Dec. 19.

2019 Season Ticket email

I get a ton of offers from the U in regards to buying tickets. I buy a lot of them, to be fair, but todays email was offering me 2019 football season tickets

1) Tickets appear to be the same price. I'm not surprised by this but disappointed. 1/2 empty stadium is not an ideal way to watch games and doesn't help with building excitement.

2) Is it still the law that I can't write off my seat donation? Because those certainly are still there

3) The conference home slate is actually pretty good. But only 7 games (do we ever play 8? I feel like we don't but could/should). For the Zone 5 chair backs, that is ~$61.43 per game. Pretty pricy for SDSU.

Season Ticket Renewal Email-Includes Possible shift to North Sideline for Cold Games

Just received an email for season ticket Renewal this morning...I thought this tidbit was interesting:

"New Info for 2019

Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th. What this means:

For the 2019 season, this could impact three games as Minnesota hosts Maryland (Oct. 26), Penn State (Nov. 9) and Wisconsin (Nov. 30).

A potential sideline change would only occur for games scheduled to take place during the day, night games will not be affected.

Minnesota will announce which sideline the team will use for these games either one week prior to the game or when kickoff time is finalized (if determined later than one week prior to the game)."

This has been talked about for a while...looks like they're going to try it on a limited basis, which is interesting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tickets were all but free and folks couldn't give them away.

Price isn't the issue.

1) Tickets appear to be the same price. I'm not surprised by this but disappointed. 1/2 empty stadium is not an ideal way to watch games and doesn't help with building excitement.

That would be most disappointing. The attendance is no longer just an issue but it is a crisis for the program that NEEDS to be addressed and much of the data points to the price as being the top factor.

This thread is dangerous. It has high potential to become yet another attendance discussion.

I got this email too and I will be repurchasing my 4 tickets this year. We have enjoyed the best of what season tickets can provide: we have made great friends with the guys that sit behind us, and the tailgate scene is a regularly anticipated part of our fall Saturdays.

I received the email. I take it they want to take advantage of the Axe win.
I will wait until closer to the deadline before deciding. If they offer a new sweetheart deal for new ticket buyers, I'll buy through someone else. I know that I will be relinquishing a potential cup of coffee with Mark Coyle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think this is a smart way for the team to take advantage of the better sideline given weather conditions.

The eternal debate (sunny side vs shady side) pops up multiple times per year. I am a BIG fan of sitting in the shade. Yes, there is an occasional cold weather game in the sun where it would be better to be on the sunny game. But this situation is nearly always matched or surpassed by hot weather games where it becomes unbearable on the sunny side. For cold weather games, some are at night and others are cloudy so it doesn't matter anyway in those situations. And, all things considered, I can always put more layers on but I can only take so many off. I am more uncomfortable in hot sun than I am in cold shade. Everyone is different. To each their own.

That would be most disappointing. The attendance is no longer just an issue but it is a crisis for the program that NEEDS to be addressed and much of the data points to the price as being the top factor.

No kidding. Right now it says there for "Gopher Score" rankings there are 14,310 "members".

I think this is a smart way for the team to take advantage of the better sideline given weather conditions.

The eternal debate (sunny side vs shady side) pops up multiple times per year. I am a BIG fan of sitting in the shade. Yes, there is an occasional cold weather game in the sun where it would be better to be on the sunny game. But this situation is nearly always matched or surpassed by hot weather games where it becomes unbearable on the sunny side. For cold weather games, some are at night and others are cloudy so it doesn't matter anyway in those situations. And, all things considered, I can always put more layers on but I can only take so many off. I am more uncomfortable in hot sun than I am in cold shade. Everyone is different. To each their own.

Also sunny side is also the windy side....

I'm with you, I like the shady side.

Season Ticket Holder Benefits

Access to great Gopher Loyalty Program benefits
Exclusive season ticket holder discount on single-game tickets
Gopher Score pre-sale access for on-sales, postseason tickets, and more
Monthly payment plan option

Exclusive Access!

Invitation for you & guest to attend a Gopher Basketball or Hockey game in 2018-19 as well as behind-the-scenes access at TCF Bank Stadium prior to the game
Invitation to exclusive 2019 Spring Practice event
Invitation to exclusive 2019 Spring Game event

Figured no change in price with South Dakota State, Nebraska, Penn State, and Wisconsin coming to town.

No kidding. Right now it says there for "Gopher Score" rankings there are 14,310 "members".

This is for people who registered. I bet a lot of season tickets are corporate or not registered as gopher score members.

This is for people who registered. I bet a lot of season tickets are corporate or not registered as gopher score members.

"Kinda" understand. Last year it said about 17,000 though didn't it?

Edit: Nope just looked and it wasn't anywhere near 17,000 last year. Found an email from April of 2016 and then it was at 17,673.

Last edited:

I don't have season tickets, and never have had them, this is the email I got:

Don't miss the excitement of Gopher Football at TCF Bank Stadium! Season tickets for the 2019 campaign are on sale now and start at only $35 per game!

Be in the stands for all seven home games including five Big Ten matchups against Illinois, Nebraska, Maryland, Penn State, and Wisconsin. Excitement for the future of Gopher Football continues to grow following the Gophers victory over Wisconsin to bring home Paul Bunyan's Axe to become Bowl eligible! Head Coach P.J. Fleck and his coaching staff will also welcome another standout recruiting class to Minnesota on National Signing Day on Wednesday, Dec. 19.

Join our team and take advantage of exclusive benefits for 1st year season ticket holders only available for a limited time.
  • Invitation for you & a guest to attend a Gopher Basketball or Hockey game in 2018-19 as well as behind-the-scenes access at TCF Bank Stadium prior to the game
  • Invitation to exclusive 2019 Spring Practice event
  • Invitation to exclusive 2019 Spring Game event

Additional benefits of season ticket holders include:
  • Access to great Gopher Loyalty Program benefits
  • Exclusive season ticket holder discount on single-game tickets
  • Gopher Score pre-sale access for on-sales, postseason tickets, and more
  • Monthly payment plan option

3) The conference home slate is actually pretty good. But only 7 games (do we ever play 8? I feel like we don't but could/should). For the Zone 5 chair backs, that is ~$61.43 per game. Pretty pricy for SDSU.

I don't think any teams in the country play 8 home games.

Also notice that they are now calling the "donation" a "gift".

Must have missed that last time. :eek:

Also notice that they are now calling the "donation" a "gift".

Must have missed that last time. :eek:

Doesn't this have something to do with the standard deduction on the taxes going up? Less people itemizing.

Last edited:

It's rare but it has happened. I remember in 2002 when Ohio State won the national championship they played 8 home games.

I don't see why not. 3 OOC home games, 5/9 conference home games. Seems reasonable for big ten teams.

I'm disappointed price/donation have not decreased, but thankful they didn't increase. It should not be cheaper for people to buy comparable individual tickets than it is for season tickets. I like that they are trying to get new season ticket holders, such as with new alums, etc. But, if I'm a 30+year season ticket holder, I don't get invited to a basketball or hockey game, or a spring practice event? But I may have an opportunity for a cup of coffee with Coyle if it's still available when I get to pick my loyalty "rewards?" Awesome. Why don't they have the loyalty info available that is referenced in the e-mail? Our tickets are shady side, which I am happy with. But we sat on the sunny side for the second half of the Northwestern game. I do not enjoy the sun in my eyes, but I appreciated the additional warmth, and I'm fine with the team switching sides on the occasion that it may give them an advantage. I'll take any advantage for our team possible.

Also - anyone notice the mention of getting to take a picture with the Axe? That's awesome! Let's hope it's reasonably scheduled for working people or out of towners.

Like that they are finally going to consider switching sidelines for some late season day games. Putting that info out now before renewal is smart because people can't complain (I mean some still will) about the team switching sides and not getting to stare at the players backs for a game or 2.

I'm a shady guy myself.

I kinda like getting a face view once in a while. I bring binoculars anyway.

Switching sidelines has practically zero effect temp-wise if it's cloudy.

There may be a wind-chill benefit depending on the predominant swirl in the latter part of the season. Have no idea whether wind from the north operates differently across sidelines as opposed to wind from the south.

Also sunny side is also the windy side....

I'm with you, I like the shady side.

I'm not sure about that. My tickets were in section 107 (the side of the big scoreboard) which protected us against the nasty cold NW wind. We would get a SW breeze but those were usually warmer days and felt pretty good.

Top Bottom