Season Ticket Renewal Email - Includes Possible shift to North Sidelines for Cold Gam

Just wait, the first time they announce that they will be on the north sideline for a game there will be a vocal minority complaining. When this came up before, there were people upset because they chose their seats to be on the home side.

I have this fantasy where the Gophers become great and all the new fans drown out some of the old guard's bitching and moaning...

Just wait, the first time they announce that they will be on the north sideline for a game there will be a vocal minority complaining. When this came up before, there were people upset because they chose their seats to be on the home side.

It's a silly argument in my book. I am on the sunny side. There have been perhaps 3 games in the last several years where the early game heat was any factor... It's Minnesota, have a beer and enjoy it when you can. There have been a SOLID number of days when being in the sun was a GREAT advantage comfort wise, and more often than not, shielded from NW wind.

If there are visiting fans, they are scattered and up high, or way over in the NW corner. Non factor.
You can also see the Gopher sideline just fine, and seeing the backs of the visiting team down below, also a non factor.

I will never post on this topic again. The team should do what it needs to do.

Really?
The SEC had 5 teams with out of conference games at "Neutral" sites.

Alabama vs Louisville in Orlando
Auburn vs Washington in Atlanta
LSU vs Miami in Arlington
Ole Miss vs Texas Tech in Houston
Tennessee vs West Virginia in Charlotte

Bama, Auburn and LSU had significant advantages in distance traveled.

Tennessee (with 2 1/2 hour travel advantage) and Mississippi (1 hour travel disadvantage) were the only 2 with anything resembling a neutral site game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know what you're on here, distance to neutral site games is not relevant to the the discussion.

Someone asked why we don't play 8 homes games, and I correctly pointed out that nobody in the country plays 8 homes games.

I got my notice too. Inside was an artist's rendering of how they will handle normally shade-side donors and alumni..

TCF_Donor.jpg

Switching sides...please, this is as ridiculous as playing in cold weather downtown. People complaining about the sun or the shade or the wind should just stay home. Bring sun glasses or dress for the part. How hard is it people? Maybe we should have built the stadium on a turn table and slowly turn it during the game so everyone can be super happy including the team! Switching sides tells me our team is cold. How embarrassing to switch sides and get beat. Better win the damn game if you switch otherwise you look like a cream puff wimp.

Did you see the attendance at the last couple of games???

For the record, I think it is stupid of the Gophers not to switch sides. Interesting weather this year. I did not sit in my seats on the sunny side in the Miami game and found some seats in the shade. It was still almost unbearable - that was easily the most miserable I have ever been at a game.

Don't know what you're on here, distance to neutral site games is not relevant to the the discussion.

Someone asked why we don't play 8 homes games, and I correctly pointed out that nobody in the country plays 8 homes games.

You are mostly correct, but it does happen. Michigan in 2016 played 8 home games. It just takes three non con games at home and in the BIG a year when your school hosts five games in conference.

You are mostly correct, but it does happen. Michigan in 2016 played 8 home games. It just takes three non con games at home and in the BIG a year when your school hosts five games in conference.

Jerry Kill always talked about wanting 8 home games. I don't think he ever got his wish at NIU. For sure he didn't with the Gophers of course.

It's a silly argument in my book. I am on the sunny side. There have been perhaps 3 games in the last several years where the early game heat was any factor... It's Minnesota, have a beer and enjoy it when you can. There have been a SOLID number of days when being in the sun was a GREAT advantage comfort wise, and more often than not, shielded from NW wind.

If there are visiting fans, they are scattered and up high, or way over in the NW corner. Non factor.
You can also see the Gopher sideline just fine, and seeing the backs of the visiting team down below, also a non factor.

I will never post on this topic again. The team should do what it needs to do.

My memory is exactly opposite of this. My inlaws sit on the sunny side and they called me to ask if there was room near us on the shade side several times due to how hot it was in the sun. Meanwhile, for the sunny side to be of any extra value - it has to be very cold, the sun has to be out, and it has to be an 11:00 AM kickoff because late season games get pretty dark by halftime of 2:30 kickoffs. 2:30 and night games are of little or no value for warmth. Snow and cold games are often cloudy in November where again, it is then of no extra warmth value to be sitting on the north side. Wind? I sit near the student section and have literally never noticed it as a comfort factor. Perhaps it is different farther west.

As for the plan to switch sidelines, in the rare situation where it is very cold, it is an 11:00 AM kickoff, and there is a cloudless sky... I can see it being an advantage and so I am all for the idea, even if it isn't a factor very often.

It's all relative right? In Minnesota, an 80 degree day in the sun can be pretty warm. In Texas, 58 degrees in the shade is cold.

Top Bottom