Season Ticket Renewal Email - Includes Possible shift to North Sidelines for Cold Gam

I hope they like staring into the sun...

They won't. They'll complain their eyes get too squinty and the sun's glare watching passes, punts, jumbotron, etc. is annoying. And that extra turn of the head to see the big screen will cause neck aches at the end of the day. (That was my complaint and I'm just a peon. I moved to the upper deck.)

I like shade side.

Tickets were all but free and folks couldn't give them away.

Price isn't the issue.

Season tickets weren't free. I think that's more what people are talking about here when they bring up price.

I'm actually thinking of renewing, but not if I can't get my gopher points back.

Season tickets weren't free. I think that's more what people are talking about here when they bring up price.

I'm actually thinking of renewing, but not if I can't get my gopher points back.
True. And it's the season ticket holders who (for the most part) attend games in November. Cheap single game seats are pretty meaningless against Purdue when it's 25 degrees. We need more season ticket holders in order to fill the stands.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What happened to your gopher points?

Lost them when I dropped my season tickets.

Actually, this is a marketing opportunity.

Offer a limited-window "amnesty" for those who dropped their season tix since the pay-hikes. I believe there should be a penalty for dropping of some sort for fairness...open to ideas on that.

However, having some kind of bump from the previous years might make a difference for some folks.

Actually, this is a marketing opportunity.

Offer a limited-window "amnesty" for those who dropped their season tix since the pay-hikes. I believe there should be a penalty for dropping of some sort for fairness...open to ideas on that.

However, having some kind of bump from the previous years might make a difference for some folks.

Great idea. They could say (even truthfully) that they understand some customers dropped tickets thinking there would be a third increase. So, just wipe the slate clean and offer them their gopher points if they renew now, within a limited time frame. Sadly, has it has been said before, once people drop season tickets they are hard to get back even with deals. They often have moved on to other entertainment things, invested in other things, got away from the "go to the stadium on Saturdays" lifestyle, etc. But, I bet that would at least get some season ticket holders back.

Umm.... Bama... The SEC powerhouses don’t seem to like traveling much if at all for OOC games.

Umm, Bama never plays 8 home games per season. They open every season with a neutral site game.

Alabama, Texas aTm and Georgia all got 8 home games this year. The SEC doesnt much care to leave their campus for non conference games.

Incorrect.

Bama: 7 home games, 4 roadies, neutral site game in Orlando

Georgia: 7 home games, 4 roadies, neutral site game in Jacksonville

Texas A&M: 7 home games, 4 roadies, neutral site game in Arlington

Switching sides...please, this is as ridiculous as playing in cold weather downtown. People complaining about the sun or the shade or the wind should just stay home. Bring sun glasses or dress for the part. How hard is it people? Maybe we should have built the stadium on a turn table and slowly turn it during the game so everyone can be super happy including the team! Switching sides tells me our team is cold. How embarrassing to switch sides and get beat. Better win the damn game if you switch otherwise you look like a cream puff wimp.

It's rare but it has happened. I remember in 2002 when Ohio State won the national championship they played 8 home games.

Right, but that was before the scheduling reform. 2002 Ohio State played 13 regular season games, back in the day of the "Pigskin Classic" etc (which was in Columbus that year).

Switching sides...please, this is as ridiculous as playing in cold weather downtown. People complaining about the sun or the shade or the wind should just stay home. Bring sun glasses or dress for the part. How hard is it people? Maybe we should have built the stadium on a turn table and slowly turn it during the game so everyone can be super happy including the team! Switching sides tells me our team is cold. How embarrassing to switch sides and get beat. Better win the damn game if you switch otherwise you look like a cream puff wimp.

I'll take every advantage I can get, even it includes making the visiting team a feel 5-10 degrees colder since they're not in the sun.

I understand why fans have a preference of being in the sun or shade, but I don't get why people get so worked up about being on the home or away side. Watch the game, not the bench.

The funny thing is that there's really not much of a shade advantage for the September games because the sun is so high in the sky.

The back of your helmet and pads is what gets hot for us...while the front roasts on the other side..

I'll take every advantage I can get, even it includes making the visiting team a feel 5-10 degrees colder since they're not in the sun.

I understand why fans have a preference of being in the sun or shade, but I don't get why people get so worked up about being on the home or away side. Watch the game, not the bench.

I'd prefer not being so close to the Iowa and Wisconsin teams.

This! as was noted earlier, so what you don't get to look at the back of players jerseys for a few more games......BIG DEAL! I'll take the advantage for the team over a few fans crying boo hoo.

Look at the bright side, for the games the team switches sides, you can now see full frontal of PJ's antics on the sidelines.

The funny thing is that there's really not much of a shade advantage for the September games because the sun is so high in the sky.

The back of your helmet and pads is what gets hot for us...while the front roasts on the other side..

Depends where you are.... I don't think I've ever been in the sun directly....

Oooops...wasn't clear. Meant the respective team benches. No doubt there's shade for fans on the Home side.

I sat in the sun against NW and noticed a huge difference in temperature when the sun was behind the clouds vs the sun shining.

I also was commenting to my wife the body languages of the two sidelines. The Gophers were huddled up in there long coats over their uniforms and it didn't appear like they had much energy at all, and NW players were jumping around and had a lot more energy in the sun. (The strength guy was pretty fun to watch, he really was pumping up the team during TV timeouts)

Not saying this had anything to do with us losing, but I do think it was an advantage for NW and it's crazy that the away team had that type of advantage over the home team on a 20 degree day.

Incorrect.

Bama: 7 home games, 4 roadies, neutral site game in Orlando

Georgia: 7 home games, 4 roadies, neutral site game in Jacksonville

Texas A&M: 7 home games, 4 roadies, neutral site game in Arlington

Yeah- those neutral site games were quite "neutral"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that they are trying to get new season ticket holders, such as with new alums, etc. But, if I'm a 30+year season ticket holder, I don't get invited to a basketball or hockey game, or a spring practice event?

The same benefit is listed in my renewal email. I think it's just a perk they have added this year for all season ticket holders.

Yeah- those neutral site games were quite "neutral"

I'm not really sure what that means. They were played at NFL/bowl stadiums hundreds of miles from each respective campus, with a mixed group of fans. Pretty much the exact definition of "neutral".

The same benefit is listed in my renewal email. I think it's just a perk they have added this year for all season ticket holders.

I didn't get that offer in my e-mail. I did get this:

Paul Bunyan's Axe is back in Dinkytown! As a 2018 Gopher Football season ticket holder, you will be invited to attend an exclusive event in the TCF Bank Stadium locker room to take photos with the axe. All 2018 season ticket holders will be invited to attend one of these four exclusive opportunities specifically for season ticket holders. Stay tuned for additional information as event logistics are finalized.

I'm not really sure what that means. They were played at NFL/bowl stadiums hundreds of miles from each respective campus, with a mixed group of fans. Pretty much the exact definition of "neutral".

Really?
The SEC had 5 teams with out of conference games at "Neutral" sites.

Alabama vs Louisville in Orlando
Auburn vs Washington in Atlanta
LSU vs Miami in Arlington
Ole Miss vs Texas Tech in Houston
Tennessee vs West Virginia in Charlotte

Bama, Auburn and LSU had significant advantages in distance traveled.

Tennessee (with 2 1/2 hour travel advantage) and Mississippi (1 hour travel disadvantage) were the only 2 with anything resembling a neutral site game.

I don't see why not. 3 OOC home games, 5/9 conference home games. Seems reasonable for big ten teams.

They would only be able to do that every other year. Either way, it would mean they would never play a road non-conference game which would mean they would never be able to schedule anyone descent for the non-conference schedule.

Thought the switching sides thing was curious - why in the renewal announcement. Not like that will play a big part in deciding to renew tickets or where. Contingent on game-time anyway, so might not even be a factor.

As for points, someone mentioned an "amnesty" period for former ST holders. Not a bad idea, fans should be lured back, and their contributions acknowledged, but the multiplier for continuous ST holding periods would have to be suspended.

Thought the switching sides thing was curious - why in the renewal announcement. Not like that will play a big part in deciding to renew tickets or where. Contingent on game-time anyway, so might not even be a factor.

As for points, someone mentioned an "amnesty" period for former ST holders. Not a bad idea, fans should be lured back, and their contributions acknowledged, but the multiplier for continuous ST holding periods would have to be suspended.

I think it is just communication... they want fans to know, that was a good time to tell them.

Just wait, the first time they announce that they will be on the north sideline for a game there will be a vocal minority complaining. When this came up before, there were people upset because they chose their seats to be on the home side.

Top Bottom