See the Axe?

fmlizard

Reaction score
I don't live in the TC but I'm in town tomorrow. Is the Axe posted anywhere currently for public viewing?

Check the band schedule. Likely there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't live in the TC but I'm in town tomorrow. Is the Axe posted anywhere currently for public viewing?

I believe tomorrow it'll be at Coffman from 3-5

Follow the Gopher Football Twitter account, it will tell you.

Made the trip up to Coffman and got my picture with the Axe yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by both the duration of the line (wrapped through the offices and towards the theater), and the makeup of said line. There were a few older folks leaving the parking ramp as I got there, but by and large it was students. Those students in line around me were researching the recent futility in the series, and were realizing why everyone was so excited.

It was st the women’s hoop game. Pictures pregame. Line was about 6 people long

One thing Jerry Kill did well (and I am not quite sure how he did this given his personality) was identify with the students. They loved him and chanted "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" at the games. He would also occasionally walk around campus and give away game tickets. I haven't noticed a connection like that with Fleck so hopefully winning the axe will provide some excitement and buzz with the students going into next season. If they are willing to wait in line that wraps around corners for a photo with the axe, perhaps they are willing to breeze right into TCF Bank Stadium to take in some games next season.

One thing Jerry Kill did well (and I am not quite sure how he did this given his personality) was identify with the students. They loved him and chanted "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" at the games. He would also occasionally walk around campus and give away game tickets. I haven't noticed a connection like that with Fleck so hopefully winning the axe will provide some excitement and buzz with the students going into next season. If they are willing to wait in line that wraps around corners for a photo with the axe, perhaps they are willing to breeze right into TCF Bank Stadium to take in some games next season.

I sort of get what you mean but they cheer Fleck as well. Student section chants Row! Row! Row! and PJ! during the games.

I sort of get what you mean but they cheer Fleck as well. Student section chants Row! Row! Row! and PJ! during the games.

Yeah, I'm not saying the students don't like Fleck - I'm just saying their fondness for Jerry was quite obvious. I haven't noticed the Row chants until just recently and hadn't noticed a PJ chant either, and I sit right next to the student section at games. That isn't saying I don't believe you. It wouldn't be the first thing I have failed to notice (says my wife, a lot).

Is the Axe available for viewing only, or can we touch it? Actually, I’d like to stroke it.

Is the Axe available for viewing only, or can we touch it? Actually, I’d like to stroke it.

They told me explicitly that you can only touch it "appropriately."

**** like that is why I'm not allowed near federal buildings and bookstores anymore.

I thought this was america....

I touched the Axe Saturday night at the Practice Facility. Since then- I paid $2.19/gallon for gas, the Vikes beat the Packers, Lady Gophers beat Syracuse, Saints lost and my wife hasn't left me. Pretty good run of 'Good Luck' so far.

Top Bottom