Brohmn

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Meeting with Louisville tomorrow!

I will be shocked if he's not gone.

How much is it going to cost Louisville? Do they have boosters with lots of money?

Money shouldn’t matter. He is the greatest coach ever to go 6-6 twice

Easy peazy money for Louisville.

Jalen graham is a guy to keep an eye on. We also were involved with King Doerue but I feel like we have all are backs already

I still can’t believe we let Holtz do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think Brohm is going to stay at Purdue.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think Brohm is going to stay at Purdue.

I thought he was going to leave until the report of this meeting was leaked. That seems to be playing more into getting a raise to stay than leaving.

It is going to boil down with money involved on both ends. The Louisville AD is fire happy and have to eat the hefty money they have to pay Petrino to say good-bye. That doesn't even take into consideration the basketball fiasco.

Jeff Brohm probably will say to Louisville they have to pay his buyout.

Leave a Big Ten program ... for Louisville??? No. Nice try. That’s an up jumped CUSA program. Barely P5, because they got unbelievably lucky. They’re no better than Central Florida or Cincy. Just luckier. Lateral move at best, barely.

He’ll be getting a pay raise to stay at Purdue, as is his plan the whole time.

Last edited:

I still can’t believe we let Holtz do that.

There was no "out clause" in Lou's contract. Knew a guy who had access to the contract. He read it and said there was no ND clause. Paul Giel and the U's President at the time (Keller?) said so too. Giel said it anytime he was asked. Said there was on reason to keep Holtz if he didn't want to say. Lying Lou wanted to make his love of Notre Dame seem stronger by passing on his b.s. story

His sycophant Sid helped him sell it and for the National Media it was just too good a story to dig for the truth.

Print the lie long enough and it becomes the legend.

I'm assuming that most the recruits would just do what the Western Michigan recruits did when PJ was hired here, wouldn't they?

Fleck's recruits stepped-up to the Big Ten. Purdue recruits would step down to Louisville wouldn't they?

Hmmm, why would Brohm possibly want to go to Louisville........let's see what we can find in wikipedia:

Brohm was born in Louisville, Kentucky. His father, Oscar, was a quarterback for Louisville and a high school football coach in Louisville. He attended Trinity High School in Louisville, Kentucky. After graduation from high school, he was selected by the Montreal Expos in the seventh round of the 1989 MLB Draft, but he instead decided to pursue playing football and baseball at the University of Louisville. After spending his freshman season as a backup quarterback, he was once again selected in the MLB Draft, this time in the fourth round by the Cleveland Indians. This time Brohm had a change of heart and decided to pursue a professional baseball career in the summers when he wasn't playing football. After two summers, he decided to drop baseball and focus solely on football. As starting quarterback for two seasons, he led the Cardinals to the 1993 Liberty Bowl.

So, it's his home town and his alma mater. He was also an assistant coach at Louisville for 6 years. Previously he was head coach for the Arena League FB team in (yes, you guessed it) Louisville.

The question should be - why wouldn't he want to go to Louisville.

Leave a Big Ten program ... for Louisville??? No. Nice try. That’s an up jumped CUSA program. Barely P5, because they got unbelievably lucky. They’re no better than Central Florida or Cincy. Just luckier. Lateral move at best, barely.

He’ll be getting a pay raise to stay at Purdue, as is his plan the whole time.

Doesn't matter how Louisville became a P5, they are one. And they've been more successful than Purdue has.

Hmmm, why would Brohm possibly want to go to Louisville........let's see what we can find in wikipedia:

Brohm was born in Louisville, Kentucky. His father, Oscar, was a quarterback for Louisville and a high school football coach in Louisville. He attended Trinity High School in Louisville, Kentucky. After graduation from high school, he was selected by the Montreal Expos in the seventh round of the 1989 MLB Draft, but he instead decided to pursue playing football and baseball at the University of Louisville. After spending his freshman season as a backup quarterback, he was once again selected in the MLB Draft, this time in the fourth round by the Cleveland Indians. This time Brohm had a change of heart and decided to pursue a professional baseball career in the summers when he wasn't playing football. After two summers, he decided to drop baseball and focus solely on football. As starting quarterback for two seasons, he led the Cardinals to the 1993 Liberty Bowl.

So, it's his home town and his alma mater. He was also an assistant coach at Louisville for 6 years. Previously he was head coach for the Arena League FB team in (yes, you guessed it) Louisville.

The question should be - why wouldn't he want to go to Louisville.

Yup, it's not "if" Brohm goes to Louisville - it's "when".

Fleck's recruits stepped-up to the Big Ten. Purdue recruits would step down to Louisville wouldn't they?

Could be, but I feel like most kids are recruited to a coach and the school i secondary. In a player's perspective, is Louisville a step down from Purdue?

I'm assuming that most the recruits would just do what the Western Michigan recruits did when PJ was hired here, wouldn't they?

No way. The U was a better football and academic option. Even if they want to play football for Brohm, these kids are too smart to give up a degree from Purdue for one from Louisville.

No way. The U was a better football and academic option. Even if they want to play football for Brohm, these kids are too smart to give up a degree from Purdue for one from Louisville.

I don't think every recruit lives by that logic - or logic in general.

Top Bottom