Brohmn

I can’t believe people really see Purdue as a better program than Louisville?
Does that mean Indiana, Rutgers, and Illinois are too?

Better school better conference.

Can't believe some guys can't see that.

If he is going down to Louisville, he is going down there for a serious interview and he will most likely be offered the job.

The question I would pose to Gopher fans is if you were coaching at another school and were actually doing fairly well but the Gophers came calling and said come back to your alma mater, would you take it? I guess I would because I have the close ties and would love to be the guy to restore the team to past greatness. I would like to come home and try to get back to the Rose Bowl. You can see the ties with him are very strong - I think it's probably his dream job.. He also might figure if he says no that he won't get another shot at it, maybe ever. They could get a guy that is there for 20 years, you never know. I think if he was just going to help them with their search it would be an unpublicized phone call or two, but the fact that it is an advertised visit - he is 99 per cent gone. You don't announce that unless it is pretty much in the bag and it's just a few small details.

If he is going down to Louisville, he is going down there for a serious interview and he will most likely be offered the job.

The question I would pose to Gopher fans is if you were coaching at another school and were actually doing fairly well but the Gophers came calling and said come back to your alma mater, would you take it? I guess I would because I have the close ties and would love to be the guy to restore the team to past greatness. I would like to come home and try to get back to the Rose Bowl. You can see the ties with him are very strong - I think it's probably his dream job.. He also might figure if he says no that he won't get another shot at it, maybe ever. They could get a guy that is there for 20 years, you never know. I think if he was just going to help them with their search it would be an unpublicized phone call or two, but the fact that it is an advertised visit - he is 99 per cent gone. You don't announce that unless it is pretty much in the bag and it's just a few small details.

Its always taking a chance to start over somewhere else when you are established. But he hasn't exactly won consistently yet at Purdue either. They instantly were a better team then the train wreck he inherited, but they haven't won the west either year and have lost 6 games both times. So it's not like he's leaving a top 10 team. I think if he's going to go to Louisville, now is the time. If he invests another 5 years in Purdue, it will be harder to leave. The reason I think he's gone is because he was so ready to leave last year. He accepted a job and then it didn't materialize. I feel bad for Purdue fans. We may end up with the same with PJ in a couple years, we'll have to wait to see how that turns out.

In April, Brohm received a two-year contract extension through the 2024 season and a salary raise to $3.8 million annually. If he leaves Purdue for another job before Dec. 5, he would owe the school $4.4 million. His buyout drops to $3.3 million if he leaves after Dec. 5.

The real question is that it isn't Purdue vs. Louisville, it's Purdue and a 2-year head start vs. Louisville.

That being said, if Louisville really is where he wants to be (call it his "dream job" if you want), it doesn't matter whether he's at Purdue or Ohio St. - he needs to take it now while he has the chance. It may not come again.

I'm with you on that. Louisville has be a ranked team 5 of the last 7 years. Their road to a winning conference record is probably easier in the ACC than the BG10, even if it would be difficult getting past Clemson for a championship.

Its always taking a chance to start over somewhere else when you are established. But he hasn't exactly won consistently yet at Purdue either. They instantly were a better team then the train wreck he inherited, but they haven't won the west either year and have lost 6 games both times. So it's not like he's leaving a top 10 team. I think if he's going to go to Louisville, now is the time. If he invests another 5 years in Purdue, it will be harder to leave. The reason I think he's gone is because he was so ready to leave last year. He accepted a job and then it didn't materialize. I feel bad for Purdue fans. We may end up with the same with PJ in a couple years, we'll have to wait to see how that turns out.

I agree. If PJ Fleck continues to be successful, there will be some big boys calling - you can count on it! What we need is to get the program off the ground, but what would really be nice is to get someone who wants to stay here long term and build this thing, like Wisconsin and Iowa did. I like Coach Mase but it was very frustrating to be linked to all the various coaching vacancies in the middle of recruiting season. "If the phone rings, I gotta answer it!" On Gopherhole we were like - "How about recruiting defense so we can get to the next level instead!"

Hopefully Fleck can get to that level because at least that means he was moderately successful. But hopefully he will stick around and build us into a powerhouse. It can be done here!

The University of Louisville’s football recruits in the class of 2019 have been given the impression Jeff Brohm will be named the school’s next head coach, according to three sources.

Recruits in touch with Louisville coaches say they’re hearing a range of insights on Brohm, from hoping to expecting he will become the head coach. Quarterback recruit Jaden Johnson, from Memphis, Tennessee, said it’s “more than likely” Brohm will be Louisville’s replacement for Bobby Petrino. He added that athletic director Vince Tyra has kept him in the loop on his coaching search.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...tball-recruits-hear-hes-new-coach/2134524002/

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My *source says he stays at Purdue. And I think my source is about as reliable as what we've been hearing.

* My dog. I told her one piece of bacon was Purdue and the other was Louisville. She went for the Purdue one first.

My *source says he stays at Purdue. And I think my source is about as reliable as what we've been hearing.

* My dog. I told her one piece of bacon was Purdue and the other was Louisville. She went for the Purdue one first.

I talked with your dog. It says it needs a greater sample size to be sure.

The real question is that it isn't Purdue vs. Louisville, it's Purdue and a 2-year head start vs. Louisville.

That being said, if Louisville really is where he wants to be (call it his "dream job" if you want), it doesn't matter whether he's at Purdue or Ohio St. - he needs to take it now while he has the chance. It may not come again.

That makes sense. Lying about it doesn't.

I hope Brohm stays at Purdue. It disgusts me to see these college coaches jumping ship after only two years at one place. For crying out loud he is well compensated at Purdue and has turned them into a respectable team with room for further growth.

I am also not sure how anyone can look at Louisville as anything more than the slimiest branch of Adidas University. Stay at Purdue.

I'm with you on that. Louisville has be a ranked team 5 of the last 7 years. Their road to a winning conference record is probably easier in the ACC than the BG10, even if it would be difficult getting past Clemson for a championship.

Louisville is at worst the 6th best job in the ACC and the 3rd best job in their division of the ACC.

I’d be willing to argue it is the 3rd best job in the ACC (also the third best in the division).

Purdue is AT BEST the 8th best job in the Big Ten and 4th best job in the West.
I’d be willing to argue it is the 12th best job in the Big Ten and 6th best in the West.

Louisville is a middling research university that gained admission into the ACC because athletic success built on a pyramid of fraud. Probably has nothing to do with Brohm's decision, but would be nice if it did.

Louisville is at worst the 6th best job in the ACC and the 3rd best job in their division of the ACC.

I’d be willing to argue it is the 3rd best job in the ACC (also the third best in the division).

Purdue is AT BEST the 8th best job in the Big Ten and 4th best job in the West.
I’d be willing to argue it is the 12th best job in the Big Ten and 6th best in the West.

Interesting exercise. For the ACC, I would argue:

1. Clemson
2. Florida St.
3. Miami
4-10. Mostly interchangeable (rankings fluid within tier based on strength of current coach)
11. Syracuse
12. Duke
13. Boston College
14. Wake Forest

I think Clemson
Florida State

Louisville/va tech/ North Carolina /Miami are all the second tier.

Third tier:
Everyone else.

Interesting to me is that the ACC doesn’t have a clear bottom tier like Rutgers has cornered for the big ten. I think you have the bottom four correct. But Wake Forest has an ACC title in the past 20 years. Duke, Boston college, and wake have all been ranked in the past 3 seasons at some point.

On the other hand:

To me, jobs clearly better than Purdue in the big ten:
Michigan
Ohio state
Penn state
Michigan state
Iowa
Wisconsin
Nebraska

I’d argue based on facilities/expectations/recruiting territory combo the following jobs are also better:
Northwestern (have them beat on facilities, recent success, academics...and academics are one of Purdue’s things)
Minnesota (clear number one school in the state...Purdue not)
Maryland (Maryland should really be a good job, for some reason they always seem to mess it up)

Illinois (rose bowl in 2007, big ten title in 2001...inconsistent but I think they underachieve...Purdue probably a better job than illinois)

Purdue in my mind clearly better than only Indiana and Rutgers as a job.

I hope Brohm stays at Purdue. It disgusts me to see these college coaches jumping ship after only two years at one place. For crying out loud he is well compensated at Purdue and has turned them into a respectable team with room for further growth.

I am also not sure how anyone can look at Louisville as anything more than the slimiest branch of Adidas University. Stay at Purdue.

Doesn't disgust me at all. It's his life and his job, why lament the man?

Doesn't disgust me at all. It's his life and his job, why lament the man?

Agree. The profession is a pretty vagabond existence that's pretty much out of their control (especially assistants).

Brohm should leave because of this:

If he goes 5-7 next year he is on the hot seat entering 2020
He also loses his quarterback

At this point idc what he decides. This is turning into a Lebum I mean Lebron the decision.

I have a feeling this "interview" consisted of one simple question.

-"How much money will it take?"

Top Bottom