The pipe wrench on the sideline

Airguard6

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what the significance is of it? I saw it on the sideline for the NW and WI games. My in-laws, who are Badger fans, asked about it and I had no answer. I assume it's like the interception chain that Miami has; except for a hard worker or nekton?

B1G stadiums are old and leaky, TCF too ever since they disconnected the heating coils.... gotta be prepared.

Has anyone figured out what the significance is of it? I saw it on the sideline for the NW and WI games. My in-laws, who are Badger fans, asked about it and I had no answer. I assume it's like the interception chain that Miami has; except for a hard worker or nekton?

Whatever it is...imo it is stupid AF

Maybe we stole it from the Purdue mascot?

Joe Rossi didn't tighten up a leaky defense with wishes and luck. Gotta use the proper tools!

Maybe its punishment for those who slack off at practice. In cross fit we've done exercises before where the person resting has to hold a medicine ball. I've noticed the pipe is never on the ground. Someone holds it all game long.

I think it would be more interesting if a player on the field was holding it. That would get the other team's attention.

This thread is Gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Much like a bunch of PJ's stuff, the wrench is bizarre and stupid.

You know what isn't though? Whipping the Badgers at Camp Randall
Yup. I couldn’t play for the guy for one minute. But then again I’m not a good athlete nor am I young.

If the pipe gimmick means wiinning one of our trophies and specially getting the axe back, i want to see it at every game.

Just another in a long list of things that annoy a segment of GHolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I was typing I was trying to remember, unsuccessfully. Which school was that?

Florida State, and it worked so well they won’t be going to a bowl game for the first time in 37 years. Should’ve left the backpack to Dora the Explorer.

Whatever it is...imo it is stupid AF

I like it. The less I know about it, the better. I mean, why wouldn't some random dude be carrying a ludicrously large pipe wrench?

I like it. The less I know about it, the better. I mean, why wouldn't some random dude be carrying a ludicrously large pipe wrench?

To be honest,
If it is random with no meaning...I kind of like it more

Hell, if he beats the Badgers, he can have a player riding a unicycle juggling footballs leading the team for all I care. Listen to his press interview right after Wisconsin. He's talking about a tire and being halfway through the curve. Don't ry to figure it out; happy the players buy in; happy also it gives the red ass to some GH'ers.

Top Bottom