2018-2019 transfer board - rumors and announcements

Where’s the insider info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts have never gotten in the way of the Flecktite narrative that everyone is out to get him.

Everyone is out to get every gopher coach. I feel like the popular sports media figures in this state are completely out of touch with college football, and frankly are pretty clueless about most sports. Like they literally have very little basic knowledge of the sports they cover.

Well, yeah, by Reusse.

On this board, almost no one. There is a collective hissy fit if anyone has the audacity to even say anything that wouldn't be perceived as slightly glowing.

Brewster won it in his third year (middle of a 6-6 (3-5) season).
2016 the entire athletic department got it (including Claeys).

As far as on this board, what was the poll - - - 1055 - 5 on people that wanted PJ fired?
Look at the post-game threads, largely positive for a program at our level.

In my entire life, watching college football, I don't know if I have ever seen a second year coach with PJ's level of success at his current job have this much support. Ever. I am part of it, I like PJ.

But this board has gone insane with the idea that PJ is somehow getting a ton of scrutiny. He's not. It's ok that he's not, but my god, it's the most positive board I've ever seen considering the state of the program.

Yeh. Its amazing what a win over Becky will do.

Well, yeah, by Reusse.

On this board, almost no one. There is a collective hissy fit if anyone has the audacity to even say anything that wouldn't be perceived as slightly glowing.

As far as on this board, what was the poll - - - 1055 - 5 on people that wanted PJ fired?

In my entire life, watching college football, I don't know if I have ever seen a second year coach with PJ's level of success at his current job have this much support. Ever. I am part of it, I like PJ.

But this board has gone insane with the idea that PJ is somehow getting a ton of scrutiny. He's not. It's ok that he's not, but my god, it's the most positive board I've ever seen considering the state of the program.

The Twin Cities media mocks PJ non-stop. Who does he have as an ally in the media? Similar to how they did with Brewster. And there are plenty on here who ridicule him constantly. The fact that there was even a poll to discuss firing a second year coach is ridiculous.

The Twin Cities media mocks PJ non-stop. Who does he have as an ally in the media? Similar to how they did with Brewster. And there are plenty on here who ridicule him constantly. The fact that there was even a poll to discuss firing a second year coach is ridiculous.

Yeah, and everyone here agreed! That's the exact point. Do you remember that thread?

The media will mock every coach we have, welcome to being a Gopher fan.

As far as the mocking PJ gets on here, it is minimal. This place has gotten incredibly sensitive.

Yeah, and everyone here agreed! That's the exact point. Do you remember that thread?

As far as the mocking PJ gets on here, it is minimal. This place has gotten incredibly sensitive.

Jerry was adored by the media. It’s not even close what PJ has to put up with compared to him. This board has become much kinder to PJ after the Wiskybwin, which should be expected.

Jerry was adored by the media. It’s not even close what PJ has to put up with compared to him. This board has become much kinder to PJ after the Wiskybwin, which should be expected.

Do you think PJ cares about how the media treats him even half as much as some posters on here do? Part of the job JG. I would suspect even PJ gets that.

Do you think PJ cares about how the media treats him even half as much as some posters on here do? Part of the job JG. I would suspect even PJ gets that.

It comes with territory and he can deal with it. I was responding to the ignorant comment that he gets a free pass compared to other coaches, which is absolutely ridiculous.

The adoration for Kill was sympathy from the liberal print media. They can’t handle what PJ preaches about improving the total athlete. I honestly think that the Trip would love to see the U drop out of the Big10 and complete St. Thomas and the Johnnies. Would make Ruesse day.

The adoration for Kill was sympathy from the liberal print media. They can’t handle what PJ preaches about improving the total athlete. I honestly think that the Trip would love to see the U drop out of the Big10 and complete St. Thomas and the Johnnies. Would make Ruesse day.

You're a crazy person.

Kill was liked by some in the local media for a couple reasons:
(1) his schtick was more folksy, and our media wasn't hip enough to realize that was as much schtick as PJ's Tony Robbins schtick is;
(2) he followed Brew.

This wasn't a liberal/conservative thing and it surely wasn't a sympathy thing.

Plenty of truth in here; maybe not all, but plenty

So because Reusse names Fleck Turkey of the Year, Fleck is the most ridiculed second-year coach in Gopher history. Yet, Souhan writes an article essentially mocking Kill's seizures and the liberal media was easy on him out of sympathy?

Is that really what you think?

Wow.

This is absolutely not true.

Not even sure how to reply to someone that can’t remember who proclaimed something when it was them that proclaimed it. You are a treasure.

I’m not sure how that has anything to do with the point made?

One thing about Fermi-Cole leaving is that as a Canadian he might get a shot at the CFL. The CFL restricts the number of American players on a teams roster, so for American players, it's often either be a starter or hit the road.

Don’t forget the axe!;1652103 said:
I get it, trust me, I do. How many times can others continue to talk in circles over and over again about nothing?

Don’t forget the axe!;1652105 said:
Insiders? Not finding much insider information, just pointless arguments over and over again.

Your 3rd post and 2 of them on the same complaint. You are fitting in just fine.

Who has been criticized more than PJ? In year 2? He was just named turkey of the year after going 6-6 and beating Wisconsin.

Year 1, by PJ's own admission.

Well, yeah, by Reusse.

It's gotta be a bit.

He was named Turkey of the Year before going 6-6.
And the guy that named him that hates his guts.

Yeah, so incredibly different for Reusse to take a pot shot at a Gopher coach. There are plenty who disagree with him - always happens. There are plenty to don't like him, which he himself admits is to be expected given his schtick (and yeah, even if it is authentic, it's still his schtick). There are a few dunderheads who were calling for his head, but there have been people calling for the head of any head coach at any school at all times, with few exceptions.

There are people, myself included, who believe he's under performed (make a switch to a simply adequate DC saved our season. Who knows how much better we'd have been last year and this if we'd had someone with any capability at DC, but I digress) and have second guessed his decisions - if you think that's rare or unusual for a coach in year two at this or any school, you haven't been paying attention.

PJ has gotten criticism, but no where near as bad as for Brewster from DAY ONE (and honestly deservedly so, he never should have been hired), and he's earned most of the criticism he's gotten. As someone pointed out only the most ridiculous rabble rousers voted to oust him when one of the flecktites tried to document just how unfairly PJ Fleck has been treated. The only really over the top stuff I've seen on this board regarding PJ Fleck is anyone that can't look at some of what's gone on since he took over with a critical eye. The constant need to fluff PJ up and constantly fixate on Claeys has come from the most ardent of the flecktites. You've not been one of those, but you're getting there. PJ's a big boy playing in a big sandbox. He'll succeed on his merit, not on what someone says on a message board. Whether everyone things he's the greatest showman on earth or the next Darryl Hazel. Just relax.

Facts have never gotten in the way of the Flecktite narrative that everyone is out to get him.

Everyone is out to get every gopher coach. I feel like the popular sports media figures in this state are completely out of touch with college football, and frankly are pretty clueless about most sports. Like they literally have very little basic knowledge of the sports they cover.

[/U][/B]

Yeh. Its amazing what a win over Becky will do.

It comes with territory and he can deal with it. I was responding to the ignorant comment that he gets a free pass compared to other coaches, which is absolutely ridiculous.

You're a crazy person.

Kill was liked by some in the local media for a couple reasons:
(1) his schtick was more folksy, and our media wasn't hip enough to realize that was as much schtick as PJ's Tony Robbins schtick is;
(2) he followed Brew.

This wasn't a liberal/conservative thing and it surely wasn't a sympathy thing.

So because Reusse names Fleck Turkey of the Year, Fleck is the most ridiculed second-year coach in Gopher history. Yet, Souhan writes an article essentially mocking Kill's seizures and the liberal media was easy on him out of sympathy?

Is that really what you think?

Man I hope your deal is a bit. Because if it isn't......

So who is transferring?

Two weeks before a bowl game would seem like an odd time to announce that you are transferring. I would expect the end of the month or early January we will start seeing players start relocating.

Nm

Last edited:

Yet another thread highjacked.
Would someone just start a thread that all the bottom-feeders could go to to whine about other's "opinions"?
Its a fan forum folks, read the posts by those you trust with accurate insights and ignore the rest!

Yet another thread highjacked.
Would someone just start a thread that all the bottom-feeders could go to to whine about other's "opinions"?
Its a fan forum folks, read the posts by those you trust with accurate insights and ignore the rest!

lol

The irony in this post is just amazing.

Dominik London is looking at options including North Dakota.

He sounds like he's leaving.

Sounds like Dominik London on his way out

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

OK so that's perhaps up to 6 of the needed 10-12 to allow us to sign a full 25 class for 2019?

Be interesting if any other Redshirt Sophs or even True Juniors are going to be encouraged to transfer or retire.

Seems like an obvious candidate. Wish him luck

OK so that's perhaps up to 6 of the needed 10-12 to allow us to sign a full 25 class for 2019?

Be interesting if any other Redshirt Sophs or even True Juniors are going to be encouraged to transfer or retire.
By my count, factoring all of those in and not counting TJ Robinson (soft commit), we're currently at 90 scholarships. If you want an idea of where to look, think guys like London (were RS Freshman and played very little or not at all last year). We currently have 29 scholarship sophomores going into next season. That won't last.

There are 11 guys I've identified (was 12 before London) who were under scholarship last year, were not redshirting (not sure what the situation with Umlor was) and played very little and/or have clearly been supplanted by one or more younger players. I'm sure this sorts itself out, and hopefully many of those players are able to find a situation where they have a better chance to compete.

By my count, factoring all of those in and not counting TJ Robinson (soft commit), we're currently at 90 scholarships. If you want an idea of where to look, think guys like London (were RS Freshman and played very little or not at all last year). We currently have 29 scholarship sophomores going into next season. That won't last.

There are 11 guys I've identified (was 12 before London) who were under scholarship last year, were not redshirting (not sure what the situation with Umlor was) and played very little and/or have clearly been supplanted by one or more younger players. I'm sure this sorts itself out, and hopefully many of those players are able to find a situation where they have a better chance to compete.

Who are the guys who have a scholarship and 2018 was their third year in the program, in any case (regardless if they redshirted or not). That's the main pool, I would think.

Who are the guys who have a scholarship and 2018 was their third year in the program, in any case (regardless if they redshirted or not). That's the main pool, I would think.

I would also keep looking at the 2017 recruiting class. I question whether some of those players would have been recruited if the staff would have had more time.

I would also keep looking at the 2017 recruiting class. I question whether some of those players would have been recruited if the staff would have had more time.

Agreed, few kids there I don't see paths to playing time, but you never know

Top Bottom