Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

What's the deal with grad transfers? Do they have a year of eligibility left at their previous school? Can they stay at that school or do they have to transfer to play an additional year?
    The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Don't you think maybe the staff knows something you don't?

Fleck openly said that they saved 2-3 scholarships. I think he might be plugged in a bit more than we are. I know you would love for him to share everyone's personal information before they announce it, but that's not how this works.

We'll have room, if we don't find grad transfers that make sense, more walk-ons will get them.
    I don’t follow recruiting that much but I too find it funny when fans freak out about scholarship counts. I’d guess just because a message board fan can’t figure out the math doesn’t mean the coaches can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGopher View Post
    What's the deal with grad transfers? Do they have a year of eligibility left at their previous school? Can they stay at that school or do they have to transfer to play an additional year?

They have a year left but have graduated undergrad.
    They can play at the current school while enrolled in graduate or more undergraduate credits.

Or since they are graduated they can transfer to another school with immediate eligibility if the new school has a program not offered by their current school. (This is the intent). Some grad transfers actually do transfer to graduate school reasons.
    Higher profile ones take advantage of these rules for football reasons.

I personally like the rule.

I guess this really isn't a transfer but didn't want to start a new thread for it. But former Florida State QB, 'Last Chance U' Star Malik Henry Commits to Nevada as a walk-on. Hopefully the kid has grown up since the 2017 season was covered on the show. From what I saw, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my program even if it is just as a walk-on.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mits-to-nevada

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    I guess this really isn't a transfer but didn't want to start a new thread for it. But former Florida State QB, 'Last Chance U' Star Malik Henry Commits to Nevada as a walk-on. Hopefully the kid has grown up since the 2017 season was covered on the show. From what I saw, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my program even if it is just as a walk-on.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mits-to-nevada
    Crazy how far he's fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Crazy how far he's fallen.
    Lots of guys out there fall far.

A dude went to Oregon, spent one day on campus and then just went home ... did some gang stuff right away and it's just over.

Dude was right there and walked away.....

Looks like Jack York has entered the transfer portal

Good luck to Jack. Hate losing depth at a position where it's needed but we should be fine at OT.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Good luck to Jack. Hate losing depth at a position where it's needed but we should be fine at OT.
    Sounds like he was buried on the depth chart.
    Good luck to Jack and hopefully he can contribute wherever he goes.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Go Gophers!!

Transfer portal? Beam me up Scottie.

12. Default

Are we in the danger zone of having too few o-linemen again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnLove_BuyingOnRoses View Post
    Are we in the danger zone of having too few o-linemen again?

There are 15 listed OL+Nate Umlor. We're fine.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

https://twitter.com/br_cfb/status/11...545651713?s=21

Hornibrook entered the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheLibrary View Post
    https://twitter.com/br_cfb/status/11...545651713?s=21

Hornibrook entered the transfer portal

True freshman Graham Mertz vs Junior Jack Coan now.