Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default 2018-2019 transfer board - rumors and announcements

Not seeing a conversation about this so apologies if there already is one. But, 'tis the season for transfers now that the regular season has reached its end.

Rumors, announcements, etc.

Not just Gophers leaving Dinky Town but other college players leaving their programs as well. Speculation they might become Gophers? Any info?

I'd bet money Khalil Tate transfers from Arizona.

So far so good. Wouldn't we have heard if there were Gopher transfers by now? Or, I guess it would be more likely to hear about this at the end of the semester, no?

The scholarship numbers would indicate that there would have to be some kids who transfer, which they inevitably will. Happens every year.
    Stroke the post

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    So far so good. Wouldn't we have heard if there were Gopher transfers by now? Or, I guess it would be more likely to hear about this at the end of the semester, no?
    Could happen at anytime of the year really.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    I’d expect them post bowl game

Kelly Bryant committed to Mizzou yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    I’d expect them post bowl game
    Would think there probably won't be a ton of player movement but yeah I wouldn't expect to hear much until after the bowl game.

By my calculations, there needs to be at least 10 to accommodate the incoming commits if they all sign. Based on the current activities, sure feels like Fleck is looking to add several more to count towards this class, so the number will have to be higher than 10. Assume they have until the end of the school year to make the needed room.

I counted 70 current scholarship players on the roster for next season. That's including a handful of players you could see moving on.

At 70, they would be 7 over the limit with 22 current commits.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    I counted 70 current scholarship players on the roster for next season. That's including a handful of players you could see moving on.

At 70, they would be 7 over the limit with 22 current commits.
    I have no idea whether this is accurate: https://247sports.com/college/minnes...pDistribution/, but it shows 82 players on scholarship, with 10 seniors set to depart. If accurate, that would be 72, and would require at least 12 additional departures to facilitate a full class of 25. We already know of a few (Beebe, Dovich) and can guess at many of the rest.

It is possible that of the 10-12 (whatever the number needs to be), some could simply have their scholarships pulled if they decide they want to remain on the team and in school. There are protections now guaranteeing scholarships ... but those were only recently enacted, and the protections don’t apply if a scholarship wasn’t granted during the freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I have no idea whether this is accurate: https://247sports.com/college/minnes...pDistribution/, but it shows 82 players on scholarship, with 10 seniors set to depart. If accurate, that would be 72, and would require at least 12 additional departures to facilitate a full class of 25. We already know of a few (Beebe, Dovich) and can guess at many of the rest.
    Do they still have rule that 3 January enrollees can go toward last year's class?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyJR1 View Post
    Do they still have rule that 3 January enrollees can go toward last year's class?
    2018 was a full class of 25.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyJR1 View Post
    No, or at least, it's not as easy as it used to be.

My basic understanding (and I could be wrong) - you can have 25 initial counters (basically, first-time scholarship recipients) each calendar year. You can apply mid-year (spring) counters to the previous year or the current year, provided you had less than 25 in the previous year.

We signed 25 last year, so we do not have space to apply scholarships back.

Note this does not include walk-ons who have been on campus for at least two years, who are subject to their own rules.