The Best Part

t-docious

MAKE GOPHERS GREAT AGAIN!
Reaction score
Made my first trip to Camp Randall and was a little hesitant going in. I had heard all the horror stories of how terrible their fans were and thought for sure I would be getting into some trouble with my big mouth. So we hit the bars on state street friday night in full maroon and gold regalia. Everyone mostly left us alone. A few "you guys are terrible" or "the axe is gonna stay home where it belongs" but nothing vile or vulgar like I had heard on these boards before. Hell, we even went into Essen Haus and drank a boot and not one mention of the dumb stein. Something in the air that night felt right. My buddies and I all noted the energy and went to bed feeling pretty good about our chances for some reason.

Then Magic happened. We all know the story so I wont rehash it here, but it was beautiful. Hearing 'lets go gophers' and 'ski u mah' or 'row the boat' in camp randall must have ruined their collective psyche. We proceeded to hit up the bars after the game. Not one peep from their fans. Nothing. Zilch. We chanted the rouser, spelled our states name and nothing. I had never seen the badgers so dejected in my entire life and that was the most satisfying part of the trip; completely silencing the skunks from the east.

No one in your group was raped or murdered? We are really getting soft.

Made my first trip to Camp Randall and was a little hesitant going in. I had heard all the horror stories of how terrible their fans were and thought for sure I would be getting into some trouble with my big mouth. So we hit the bars on state street friday night in full maroon and gold regalia. Everyone mostly left us alone. A few "you guys are terrible" or "the axe is gonna stay home where it belongs" but nothing vile or vulgar like I had heard on these boards before. Hell, we even went into Essen Haus and drank a boot and not one mention of the dumb stein. Something in the air that night felt right. My buddies and I all noted the energy and went to bed feeling pretty good about our chances for some reason.

Then Magic happened. We all know the story so I wont rehash it here, but it was beautiful. Hearing 'lets go gophers' and 'ski u mah' or 'row the boat' in camp randall must have ruined their collective psyche. We proceeded to hit up the bars after the game. Not one peep from their fans. Nothing. Zilch. We chanted the rouser, spelled our states name and nothing. I had never seen the badgers so dejected in my entire life and that was the most satisfying part of the trip; completely silencing the skunks from the east.

Did you stop in at the IWC on Regent? We had some gopher fans there.

Overall they are pretty decent fans at home. Been to almost all Gophs/Bucky games in the last 25 years and their traveling fans have been the issue (nothing compared to Iowa's traveling fans). Was at the last Gophs win in Madtown and nobody hassled me...several even congratulated me on the win.

Yup. Iowa and Wisconsin fans in Iowa and Wisconsin are actually nice people. It’s the Minnesotans that are actually drunken dicks

Top Bottom