Any Gophers deserving of All Big?

Bayfield Gopher

Reaction score
Cashman and Johnson are likely the best options for 1st or 2nd team. Carter maybe 3rd team? Its hard to judge the OL but could Weyler and/or Greene fill one 3rd team slot? I don't see anyone else making it. Bateman, Huff, Ibrahim could be HM.

Anyone else?

If they have a Frosh squad we will be well represented on offense.

BTN does an all-freshman team. Ibrahim and Bateman would seem like likely additions to that team. Assume Blaise could make it as well.

As for the other awards, Cashman, Johnson and Carter should all make a team. Would think Weyler also has a good shot. Always tough to predict these teams though. Douglass as punt returner?

I’d imagine TJ and Coughlin make 2nd team. TJ deserves first but will get 2nd. Coughlin probably spots into 2nd team well given his sack production

TJ deserves 1st team but you are correct he will most likely be bumped down to 2nd team.

Considerations on O are Greene and Johnson
On D Barber, Cashman and Coughlin

B1G Stats

These are for conference games only. They also have Total season stats.
There were a number that caught my eye. For example, Ibrahim, ranked 3rd in YPG by RBs (8 conference games played) - but nice stat for him. Also, Cashman’s Total Tackles ranked high when comparing all defenders.

I have no idea how Coaches / Media vote or what stats they use. I think Coaches are well aware of the type of players each team has - through film, stats, and actual game. Media probably depends on who had good game during games covered plus a bit of stats.

Looking forward to seeing who is recognized as I think there are some individuals more than worthy. Also, should have some recognition next season for pre-season awards / watch lists.

Seemed like a lot of people were high on Weyler through the mid-point of the season ... and our offense continued to perform well after that. I'd expect him to show up somewhere on the list. Didn't hear the same about Greene, so I'm not sure how he's thought of around the league. His temper gets him some attention, but not in a good way.

I suspect Olson is underrated, but is very sound. He may have to wait a year or two for any recognition.

Would think Andries would have a shot for the freshman team, but he had a couple ragged games near the end of the season. Could go either way.

Faalele was also solid, but not a full-year starter, so I think he waits.

JTG

Early defensive team announced, no Cashman. WTF?

Early defensive team announced, no Cashman. WTF?

Cashman played great the last 3 games...
Cashman didn’t play very well in the middle 6 games of the season though. If he gets honored he deserves it, but if he doesn’t it is understandable

Top Bottom