***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT BOSTON COLLEGE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Before we all jump off a ledge, if McBrayer makes 3 of his 8 threes, this is a 4-point game. He is not normally this bad. I just don’t understand why coach allows him to keep jacking them up like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is looking to jump off the ledge. The reality is it’s a horrible offensive team.

It looks like a NIT team.

No just for intentionally trolling and providing a negative experience. It is ok to have an opinion. Being intentionally confrontational and looking to create havoc is something else.

I suggested Musselman the other night and was confronted big-time. I was rather stunned.

Those same people are saying all sorts of schit about this team tonight. I find the hypocrisy entertaining.

It's efforts/performances like these that remind me why I like watching Gopher women's teams. It's fun seeing actual competence on a regular basis.

It looks like a NIT team.

I wouldn't say that's a lock. I would say Boston College looks like an NIT team tonight and they're losing to them by double digits.

Why do you think Musselman would take this job?

I'v heard he loves it here and his dad coached the wolves. I think he'd come in a minute, but there is going to be some considerable competition if this schit continues. He's been on KFAN and loves the area.

His teams are tough, prepared,and know what they are doing. Something I don't believe we have or have had.

I'm just ready for something different, because we've seen this movie before. I believe we are in for a long, long big 10 season.

Last edited:

Please. This team is so fundamentally bad it's sickening. And thank you to Frashcilla for stating the obvious fact that murphy is our only option and needs more touches. I feel bad for isiah Washington. A good coach guides your shot selection. Washington's is horrible. Bring someone else in before u ruin the career of these Freshman.

You can't be serious about Washington? Kid isn't that coachable at this point in his career...you see over and over they keep pleading with him to play within the system, because when he does he's good. When he doesn't it's like watching a kid trying to dominate a pickup game. Tons of off balance and fading shots and mistake after mistake. I think even if you got a new coach that this kid would still look about the same. Watch his highlight videos, this is his game.

I wouldn't say that's a lock. I would say Boston College looks like an NIT team tonight and they're losing to them by double digits.

If they’re not at least a NIT team Goldteam won’t be the only one pining for Musselman.

Hard to watch tonight but let's see what happens when Curry is back on the court.

Macbrayer doesn't really offer anything. He doesn't look in to Murphy and has no real scoring abilities. He does offer a highlight dunk three times a year.

If they’re not at least a NIT team Goldteam won’t be the only one pining for Musselman.

I'd take Musselman for the Gophers, or the Wolves, in a second.

I'v heard he loves it here and his dad coached the wolves. I think he'd come in a minute, but there is going to be some considerable competition if this schit continues. He's been on KFAN and loves the area.

His teams are tough, prepared,and know what they are doing. Something I don't believe we have or have had.

Listen. I would take him in a minute but don’t you think he’ll have a dozen other teams interested? Can’t imagine he’d choose Minnesota but I could be wrong. Easy to say you love the area, harder to move here and coach here when there are other options. I’m pro-Musselman but don’t think its realistic.

If you would have told me before the game that we would hold Bowman or 3-13, 12 points and 2 assists, I would have said it was an easy win for the Gophers.

Just a crappy night all around. Move on, get in the gym and get back to work.

Boston college is not very good. What does that make us?

Macbrayer doesn't really offer anything. He doesn't look in to Murphy and has no real scoring abilities. He does offer a highlight dunk three times a year.

He is a pretty good defender but yeah I get what you're saying. People here were saying he was high level big ten player last year. Not seeing it so far this year though.

This team just can't consistently score the ball. A healthy Curry would help tremendously since Omersa is not ready for this level of b-ball but it wont solve the horrific shooting of our guards. I have no idea what happened to McBrayer, who can't even seem to make a free throw. He defends hard but I am not sure he should start any longer.

I had really hoped Washington was going to take a step forward this year, but even his defenders would admit he has been absolutely terrible. Frankly, I am disappointed in his continued insistence on shooting the ball when he has not demonstrated he can make a shot--any shot. I doubt its much different in practice.

Not many backcourt solutions on the roster so it could be a challenging season in a balanced league.

This could have been any of the 3 games in Vancouver. The Gophers haven't performed like an NCAA team in any game so far this season. The glass half full way to look at that is we are happy to be 5-1 playing like this. The glass half empty way to look at is that we literally have shown zero improvement with our issues to date. That was a mediocre at best Boston College team playing in front of like 1500 people and the Gophers looked like a team that will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the B1G.

I’m not willing to write off the season. Gophers got a lot of good looks and made nothing. Missed dunks (Oturu), missed layups (Coffey, Murphy, Omersa), missed threes (everyone imaginable). However, performances like this make me question the Gopher basketball coaching staff. Unprepared, uninspired and struggled to make adjustments or try anything new.

5-30 for 16.6% from 3 point line. Uffda. Pitino better teach them how to break the zone as we will see it a lot this year.

Listen. I would take him in a minute but don’t you think he’ll have a dozen other teams interested? Can’t imagine he’d choose Minnesota but I could be wrong. Easy to say you love the area, harder to move here and coach here when there are other options. I’m pro-Musselman but don’t think its realistic.

It's big 10 and we have the new facilities. His dad coached here and loved it. He has mentioned he loves it here.

I fully believe he would come here.

I'm ready for something different.

I am very pissed off in thinking of next year without Murphy. Those guards who were ineligible will have to be all-stars.

5-30 for 16.6% from 3 point line. Uffda. Pitino better teach them how to break the zone as we will see it a lot this year.

Sadly I think he taught them what we saw tonight. There was some decent high-low action but not nearly enough passes into the high post or the short corner. When we got the ball to those spots we got good looks and even made some.

Top Bottom