Reusse: Gophers will be remembered for giving up 150 pts to IL, MD, NE "Embarrassing"

I don’t mind him. It’s a dumb tweet, but it’s even dumber to get worked up about it.

This tweet is dumb enough that even the people that usually get all bent out of shape by everything he says might be able to resist it and see it for what it is.

Only the most negative will remember the season for anything other than the win over Wisconsin. Pat is just trying to piss people off but he must be having an off day because that attempt was just pathetic.

Well, people WILL remember the inept defense early in the year. It was historically bad. So that’s not really dishonest. But, they’ll also (or should be reminded to) remember how it drastically improved after Smith was let go. This season will be remembered primarily for ending the streak.

I guess low effort trolling gets you paid... but man that's some sad stuff to put your name on.

Because Iowa made is Bowl eligible and he was pointing out the losses to the non-Bowl teams.

he forgot to add the 3 wins against bowl teams ( Fresno, Purdue and Whiskey) He sounds like the Wisconsin fans i work with

The only thing people will remember is “hey, that’s the year we got the axe back!”

Bleed is a moron for giving that fat fvck more attention. He’s part of the problem.

I’m as guilty as everyone else because I have been commenting, but wow we are really playing into his ego. We just won the axe after 14 seasons and the top three threads are about him

I will remember 2018 for two things:

- Gophers winning the Axe.

- Reusse getting fired from his radio show.

The only thing people will remember is “hey, that’s the year we got the axe back!”

Bleed is a moron for giving that fat fvck more attention. He’s part of the problem.

I'm a "moron" and "part of the problem" - got it.

magpie, happy holidays to you and your loved ones.

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!
I remember the 1982 season for the Illinois loss. In the middle of the game, you could hear the collective groan as boosters, students and staff realized the Metrodome made absolutely no improvement in the team. The team hit rock bottom that game and kept digging further until they got to the end of the 1983 season.

I'll remember the 2018 season as the one where the coach got named Turkey of the Year right before the Wisconsin game and actually pulled off a win that had people talking to spite the award.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One of the greatest Gopher teams, that of 1949 (Tonnemaker, Nomellini, Bud Grant, Gordy Soltau, Billy Bye) lost the Big Ten title and Rose Bowl appearance when they were beaten in their homecoming game by lowly Purdue, which had a losing season that year. After four games, including a 27-0 throttling of Ohio State at Columbus, the Gophers were rated #3 in the nation. They finished 7-2, the other defeat at Ann Arbor, 7-14, to the defending national champions. That Purdue loss is still worse than all of the lopsided losses this year put together.

Reusse: Gophers will be remembered for giving up 150 pts to IL, MD, NE "Embarrassing"

giphy.gif

And the winner of the Turkey Of The Decade award is ... Patrick Reusse!!!!!

:clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap: :pig: :clap:

I will always remember the 2018 Gophers win at Camp Randall!

Last edited:

One of my favorite lines from the original Star Trek was Gary Mitchell in the second pilot saying to Kirk, "I sense mainly worry in you, Jim." I sense mainly worry in Pat. He's worried that this thing is going in the right direction and that the more impressive games this year are harbingers of that. This is him lashing out in his proverbial death throes.

Of course there will be plenty of negatives for him to accentuate in the future, but he's realizing that he'll be forced to be even more intellectually dishonest about it as time goes by.

Geez, people. Reusse admits he's trolling. He's baiting a trap - you just got caught in the trap - and you're mad at him?

It’s Tuesday morning after the biggest Gopher football win in years, and on this forum the first two threads I see are dedicated to Pat Reusse. A third Resusse thread is 10th on the list.

So it is clear that a big winner from the game last Saturday was one Patrick Reusse, who is no doubt joyfully reading GopherHole several times a day.

It’s Tuesday morning after the biggest Gopher football win in years, and on this forum the first two threads I see are dedicated to Pat Reusse. A third Resusse thread is 10th on the list.

So it is clear that a big winner from the game last Saturday was one Patrick Reusse, who is no doubt joyfully reading GopherHole several times a day.

You've posted in 3 of the 4 Reusse threads on the first page.

One of my favorite lines from the original Star Trek was Gary Mitchell in the second pilot saying to Kirk, "I sense mainly worry in you, Jim." I sense mainly worry in Pat. He's worried that this thing is going in the right direction and that the more impressive games this year are harbingers of that. This is him lashing out in his proverbial death throes.

Of course there will be plenty of negatives for him to accentuate in the future, but he's realizing that he'll be forced to be even more intellectually dishonest about it as time goes by.

You are giving him way too much credit. While I am sure he would hate to lose one of his go to whipping boys, there will always be things for him to mock in the local sports scene.

I look at him as a comedian and lots of times I actually think his stuff is pretty clever, the tweet that started this thread however was just lazy on his part. Usually he is more clever in how he goes about ripping things, in this case he was reaching for low hanging fruit but his tweet was so far off base that I think it failed to hit the mark of pissing people off and just made him look and sound foolish.

Maybe it will help the people that still think of him as a journalist to realize that taking anything he says seriously is just a waste of time.

You are giving him way too much credit. While I am sure he would hate to lose one of his go to whipping boys, there will always be things for him to mock in the local sports scene.

I look at him as a comedian and lots of times I actually think his stuff is pretty clever, the tweet that started this thread however was just lazy on his part. Usually he is more clever in how he goes about ripping things, in this case he was reaching for low hanging fruit but his tweet was so far off base that I think it failed to hit the mark of pissing people off and just made him look and sound foolish.

Maybe it will help the people that still think of him as a journalist to realize that taking anything he says seriously is just a waste of time.

:clap:

Because Iowa made is Bowl eligible and he was pointing out the losses to the non-Bowl teams.

yep beat 3 bowl teams this year, they beat 3 during regular season in 2016 and 2 in 2014 when they had successful seasons.

If you really wanna piss him off, ignore him.

His posts are entirely for these threads.

I know bleedgopher doesn't need me sticking up for him, but to the one who called him a "moron," a large amount of the discussion on this board happens as we respond to articles that bleed is Johnny on the spot in posting. This place wouldn't be the same without him, and that name calling is totally uncalled for.

I know bleedgopher doesn't need me sticking up for him, but to the one who called him a "moron," a large amount of the discussion on this board happens as we respond to articles that bleed is Johnny on the spot in posting. This place wouldn't be the same without him, and that name calling is totally uncalled for.

Reusse doesn't like Fleck, plain and simple. Fleck has too much energy for this tired old man. Perhaps PR should come out from hiding behind his pen, be a man and invite himself to the village to meet PJ. But that would take courage.....

I guess what I'll remember is kicking the snot out of Purdue and Wisconsin.

Maybe it's time for the "7 National Titles Football Forum" to get its own sub-forum just for Reusse related topics. That way, moderators can move threads like these there so we can all collectively ignore them. And the handful of people that enjoy these types of threads will still have a place to go and give Reusse what he wants.

Geez, people. Reusse admits he's trolling. He's baiting a trap - you just got caught in the trap - and you're mad at him?

I know most people here would never listen, but Reusse and Zulgad did a podcast on the ESPN1500 website. Reusse talks about his history with Gopher Football, and specifically why he trolls Gopher fans. When you respond, you're giving him exactly what he wants. Be mad at yourself for taking the bait - not at Reusse for putting the bait out there.

BTW, later in the podcast Reusse gives Fleck and the Gopher coaches some credit. He talks about how much the line play has improved over last year. In his opinion, that was the major difference between last year's loss to WI and this year's victory. He said the Gophers O-Line was better than Wisconsin's.

Also, BTW, Zulgad (not Reusse) says Fleck should have fired Smith after last season.

He also said that he gave Fleck the Turkey, because he thought it would probably be the last time he would merit the award.

Completely agree on the line play. Gophers were manhandled last year 31-0 at home, beat the Badgers at their own game 1 year later. Soundly.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

It's like saying if the Buckeyes win the CFP this year, people will only remember their terrible loss to Purdue.

If you really wanna piss him off, ignore him.

His posts are entirely for these threads.

100% true.

It's not only that he comes here and enjoys seeing people get their undies in a bunch, those same people will click on the tweet to read responses, some may even respond to him. That generates Twitter "impressions" and that's what he's looking for. Simply more exposure.

For example, attached is an image of one of my tweets. I don't even try, and I have fewer than 600 followers. I don't know how many followers FatPrick has, but he's getting "impressions" every time one of his tweets get posted here, and every response generates more impressions due to the extended network of potential viewers from the followers of those who respond. I imagine he checks his twitter analytics multiple times after every tweet he posts.

The only way I can "fight back" is to ignore him. I don't click on Strib links, and I guess they've upped their paywall game, so I imagine they are getting even fewer page visits than previous years. It is self preservation to become even more bombastic on twitter to remain relevant.

TweetActivity.jpg

Do you realize when you post here it gets bumped to the top?

I'm not sure a lot of people were upset by his latest post. Most reactions I've seen have been how bad of a troll job it was.

Top Bottom