Congrats to Tubby Smith on earning career win #600!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WFMY:

The High Point University men’s basketball team defeated East Carolina, 55-52, for HPU Head Coach Tubby Smith’s 600th career coaching win Saturday (Nov. 24).

Coach Smith is now the 15th active NCAA Division I head coach with 600 career wins and is the 27th active NCAA head coach across all divisions to accomplish the feat.

“You never look at the numbers, you just play and coach, but to be back home and be part of the transformation at High Point University that has been taking place under President Dr. Qubein and Athletic Director Dan Hauser is special,” Smith said. “I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to lead this program at this time and I’m grateful to have this chance to get my 600th win at my alma mater.”

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/s...in-as-high-point-beats-ecu-55-52/83-617443656

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Congrats Tubby. I won't be surprised if High Point ends up being the 6th program he gets to the NCAA tournament.

Congrats Tubby. I won't be surprised if High Point ends up being the 6th program he gets to the NCAA tournament.
I wouldn't be surprised if High Point played worse in March than it played in November. [emoji41]

Last night I kept thinking how much Jelly, could have used Tubby's angry glare.

It would have been fitting being that we were running his old offense.

Based on how we peed down our leg against the zone and the fact that there were 800 people there, I could have sworn that was Bill Carmody and Northwestern on the other sideline.

Based on how we peed down our leg against the zone and the fact that there were 800 people there, I could have sworn that was Bill Carmody and Northwestern on the other sideline.

Just owned by John Shurna and Michael "Juice" Thompson. They were a tournament team in my book.

Not sure if I have ever seen a thread go off the rails so soon.

Kind of a low blow, but not unheard of.

Agreed a low blow. This thread is for a bit of a congrats. To turn it into a cheap shot is in awfully poor taste. I wasn’t that big of a Tubby fan myself but I always respected his efforts and professionalism. Good for him!

Hey, I congratulated him!

You did and I thank you. Your second post didn’t send the thread off the rails, the thread already was, but it kept the thread on a dirt road. I will state again, I myself wasn’t a fan of Tubby. But I honor him for what he has accomplished. Think of all the young men he has touched. Their lives are the richer for it.

You did and I thank you. Your second post didn’t send the thread off the rails, the thread already was, but it kept the thread on a dirt road. I will state again, I myself wasn’t a fan of Tubby. But I honor him for what he has accomplished. Think of all the young men he has touched. Their lives are the richer for it.

I was a fan of Tubby. He was the right hire at the time. For various reasons, it didn't work out as well as hoped. There were a lot of good moments. And some like the NW zone defense.

My aunt is making me one of those cool blankets from old shirts and stuff. You know, where you get your high school basketball shirt put on it, random stuff like that. Mine is a blanket of disappointments, all sports related. I have a Tubby Time towel going on it. An "are you hungry or are you starving?" shirt, a Jerrysota shirt, etc. Really excited for it and Tubby is a catalyst of it.

Congrats on 600 wins, may I never see your half court offense or inbound plays again.

Your right, Tubby is a class act & great role model, no matter what one thinks about his coaching.

Top Bottom