Feeling the effects of winning the Axe all the way out here in WA

Taji34

Reaction score
So I decided today to wear my Gopher gear to work to celebrate the win. I work at a large company with employees from all over the US (and from all over the world, but that's not relevant), a decent amount being from Minnesota. Now I wore my Gopher gear every Friday before a game, but today was the first time anyone interacted with me due to it. I was waiting for something in the hallway, and another employee I had never met before walked by and said "Go Gophers! We got the Axe back!!"

Just thought I'd mention it!

So I decided today to wear my Gopher gear to work to celebrate the win. I work at a large company with employees from all over the US (and from all over the world, but that's not relevant), a decent amount being from Minnesota. Now I wore my Gopher gear every Friday before a game, but today was the first time anyone interacted with me due to it. I was waiting for something in the hallway, and another employee I had never met before walked by and said "Go Gophers! We got the Axe back!!"

Just thought I'd mention it!

Ski U Mah!

I wear my Gopher stuff daily, year round. Sunday was a rare day where I saw nearly as much Gopher stuff while running around town as I did Vikings. Wins like this matter, a lot.

Last time I remember seeing that much Gopher stuff around town was when we played @ wisconsin for the B1G West title a few years ago. I can't saw this was equal, but beating wisconsin matters so much

I wear my Gopher stuff daily, year round. Sunday was a rare day where I saw nearly as much Gopher stuff while running around town as I did Vikings. Wins like this matter, a lot.

Last time I remember seeing that much Gopher stuff around town was when we played @ wisconsin for the B1G West title a few years ago. I can't saw this was equal, but beating wisconsin matters so much

Went to church yesterday and saw more than a few congregants wearing maroon & gold and heard some chatter about the game before and after. Fun to hear people excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was an the Denver airport this morning and high fived an older couple wearing their Gopher hear

My brother got a high five in downtown Chicago in his maroon / gold . Love it !

All winter I wear a Gopher scarf.

Everyone thinks it is a Gryffindor Scarf....

I rarely leave the house without wearing something for the Gophers (hat, t-shirt or hoodie). San Diego is full of "expatriates" and I am routinely asked if I am also from Minnesota. My standard reply is "Of course! Would I pretend to be?" On Saturday night, the lady who took our tickets at a play started singing The Rouser.

I rarely leave the house without wearing something for the Gophers (hat, t-shirt or hoodie). San Diego is full of "expatriates" and I am routinely asked if I am also from Minnesota. My standard reply is "Of course! Would I pretend to be?" On Saturday night, the lady who took our tickets at a play started singing The Rouser.

I was on a late night / all night conference call with like 20 people involving some nasty networking issues. There was a quiet point where we waited for someone to try something. One of the people on the call who lived in AZ asked me if I was in MN. I told her yes. She sang the full ""We're Gonna Win Twins" song on the call to everyone as she remembered her dad taking her to games when she lived in MN.

Top Bottom