Next year's starting quarterback is......

Morgan put up some nice numbers, but I am an Annexstad guy. Don't forget how impressed we all were early in the season, before he got hurt.

I'm with you regarding ZA. But Morgan has been impressive, as well.

I have no doubt it will be a wide-open competition next year, with both guys pushed by the new arrivals. At this point I wouldn't wager on who ends up starting.

Having 2+ quality quarterbacks is not a bad situation to be in. Pretty much uncharted territory here in Minnesota.

JTG

Tanner Morgan has won me over! He has more mobility and a good arm. If you still have a recording of Saturday's game, here is where he won me over: take a look at the 4th and 1 play where we got that horrible spot of the ball and there were a series of timeouts, the tv cameras showed the Gophers in pre-huddle mode and Morgan had the O-linemen eye to eye and was pointing his finger and getting them fired up about the next play. That is the kind of leadership I NEED to see from a QB. I haven't seen a player do this for the Gophers in a long time. This is becoming a "player-led team" which is what PJ is striving for. Morgan is my guy!

Was Morgan standing on a chair or something? ;)

I think ZA is the more natural passer and he probably has the higher upside.

That said, Tanner beat Wisconsin. He has been tough, a bit more versatile, and he earned the job. Oh, and he beat Wisconsin.

After rewatching the game Morgan looked even more in command than I remembered. He’ll be the guy. We might have a good one folks.

I think ZA is the more natural passer and he probably has the higher upside.

That said, Tanner beat Wisconsin. He has been tough, a bit more versatile, and he earned the job. Oh, and he beat Wisconsin.

I like a lot about ZA. But he has a lot to learn. I remember his aimless drifting in the pocket, often right into pressure. Not all those sacks were on the offensive line. And, of course, his tendency to throw off his back foot. But I don't suppose that's unusual for a true freshman.

Top Bottom