Who Should Carry Axe Out at the Viking’s Game?

Who should carry out the Axe at the Viking’s game?

• Fleck

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Ibrahim

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cashman

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Sherels

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Coughlin

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Oregon Gopher

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

God

Banned
Reaction score
Curious to see who people here think....

the Huff Twins. W/O both of them having great games it might not have happened

Emmit Carpenter, wearing a Vikings jersey.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Would have to be Cashman since he is the only senior on that list. Can't let Pat do it, he would be winded after a few seconds and would probably drop it and break it.

You're cute.

Why don't you post the actual statement that has you all worked up?

I will be there and would like to see Marcus Sherels run onto the field with some current Gophers and the axe . If only to annoy the still drunk cheeseheads who are fans of Becky but mostly just to recognize and celebrate this huge W.

What does Marcus Sherels have to do with yesterday’s victory? Wasn’t he 0-4 against Wisconsin and now you want to give him the Axe? How about letting the guys who earned it celebrate?

Since Sherels plays for the Vikings and can't go back into the tunnel to run back out after kickoff, I'm assuming the original statement intended to mean Sherels and some current U players running onto the field during the pregame introductions with the Axe.

The odds of that happening are small as the Vikings have their own pregame traditions. I'm more curious why you think former players shouldn't celebrate winning the Axe with current players?

Matthew Hurt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wasn’t upset by this, but what was the allure of bringing the axe to a Vikings game?

I wasn’t upset by this, but what was the allure of bringing the axe to a Vikings game?

From the Vikings standpoint? Fans like it. Might get them buzzing a little earlier. Nod to the only D1 program in the state on a job well done in a border battle.

From the Gophers standpoint? Reinforces it as a huge deal. Fun for the players. Free exposure on a national scale.

From the fans standpoint? Lots of crossover fans. I’d like to see the axe in person being possessed by my team.

Because a large majority of Viking fans are Gopher fans and a large portion of Gopher fans are Viking fans.

Because a large majority of Viking fans are Gopher fans and a large portion of Gopher fans are Viking fans.

I’d seriously question how many fans at tonight’s game have ever paid money to attend a Gopher game. I doubt it’s a high percentage, and would ask where they were vs Purdue and NW.

I’d seriously question how many fans at tonight’s game have ever paid money to attend a Gopher game. I doubt it’s a high percentage, and would ask where they were vs Purdue and NW.

Where's the love man?

Pretty sweet that the Vikings are willing to support like this! Now lets raise the bar for what deserves recognition going forward!

Because you get positive exposure on National TV with it being the Sunday night game.

I am not good at picking out the faces, who was there with the Axe? The vikings jerseys look like the curling team.

I seriously want to know how many posters on Gopherhole have ever paid money to attend a Gopher game,and would ask where they were vs Purdue and NW...

Top Bottom