Who Should Carry Axe Out at the Viking’s Game?

Who should carry out the Axe at the Viking’s game?

• Fleck

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Ibrahim

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cashman

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Sherels

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Coughlin

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Oregon Gopher

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

I wasn’t upset by this, but what was the allure of bringing the axe to a Vikings game?

PJ is trying to get more of the state involved in Gopher Football. As he said, this was for the State of Minnesota and everyone gets to celebrate (and touch) the Axe coming home. So I think the plan is to parade it around to different places around the state to drum up excitement. Maybe there are some fans who gave up long ago who will see the Axe and start to believe again. Maybe someone who has no college football team they cheer for who will start to consider the Gophers, etc.

I bet it makes an appearance at one of each of our pro team's games.

Thanks for posting that! Sounds like a really good response from the crowd! Great idea and a wonderful evening for the kids, I'm sure.

I get chills everytime I read anything about the axe win. It's still just so amazing. I'm so proud!

I am not good at picking out the faces, who was there with the Axe? The vikings jerseys look like the curling team.

To the left of the curling team it's Cashman, Coughlin, and Tyler Johnson. Someone posted on twitter that Payton Jordahl was there as well. Not sure about the others.

Edit: I think the back right is Kamal Martin and front right is Phillip Howard

Last edited:

I love it that the axe made an appearance @ the game. Our section who are very casual Gopher fans commented how it was one of the best games they watched in a few years. I agree with PJ's approach to share the moment and hopefully build more interest in the program.

Fans seemed to sure like it judging by the noise and cheers made. Love it!

You're cute.

Why don't you post the actual statement that has you all worked up?

Since Sherels plays for the Vikings and can't go back into the tunnel to run back out after kickoff, I'm assuming the original statement intended to mean Sherels and some current U players running onto the field during the pregame introductions with the Axe.

The odds of that happening are small as the Vikings have their own pregame traditions. I'm more curious why you think former players shouldn't celebrate winning the Axe with current players?

I won.

PJ Fleck knows how to maximize PR exposure to the program.

At least he his trying to change decades old perceptions. He will as he eventually starts winning. Parading the Axe around the State is a good deal.

Top Bottom