Lovie Smith - Extension of 2 years

4 wins this year, 2 last year, and 3 his first year. I'm glad he's not being fired, even though they smoked us this year.

My Illini friends are not amused by this. They feel no hope the program is anywhere close to turning the corner.

I would almost think they should have waited another year or so before extending his contract.

What does the buy-out structure look like on the previous versus agreed to contracts?

Do you think he'll send an Edible Arrangement to Robb Smith?

lol if losing to U of I got our D Coordinator fired and Smith's contract extended then it was definitely a worthwhile sacrifice.

It's because they annihilated the hated Gophers.

Actually I think this is a good move on their part. Lovie hasn't forgotten how to coach football, and he has a young team that improved from last year to this.

Just like I’ve been pleading with Gopher fans, they’re not going to turn the program around changing coaches every 4 years. He has some good young players. They probably want to see what he and his staff can do with them

My Illini friends are not amused by this. They feel no hope the program is anywhere close to turning the corner.
It seems reminiscent of Tubby Smith. Legendary coach with a feeling that you just won't get better.

Young team. They had their moments, not so much in the last couple of games but you can see the potential. I get the reason for it. Hard to say what happens. I guess it's not bad to try to stay the course after the turn style of coaches they have had in the past.

Gotta lock him up in case USC or Notre Dame comes calling...

Lovie's built a nice o-line and running game offense but his defense is still atrocious. This from a guy who I thought was a defensive type coach.

Man, it hurt to get torn apart by that team.

Top Bottom