Your favorite play VS Wisconsin

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
Because I can't get over my hype for this game.

For me, while I loved the defensive moments, I think my favorite was Bateman's effort on third down in the fourth. He made the catch, had great awareness that he wasn't there yet, and gave a second effort to get the first down. Seeing the freshman making those kinds of plays is so encouraging.

When gaglione missed the field goal I said to myself “this might be the day@

Didn’t actually believed. But started to have thoughts.

Punt return was legit.

Really a lot of favorite plays, but loved seeing Seth pound for the short yardage against Wisconsin. Like beating them at their own game in their own stadium. Physically beat them when they know whats coming.

DD's TD punt return. Showed everyone his wheels. Looking forward to him getting more throws next year.

Loved Ibrahim and Greene getting the short tough yards over and over and over. My single favorite play was the strip sack and fumble recovery by Barber.

Edit to above: gotta give credit to Carter Coughlin for creating the fumble in the first place!

Last edited:

There were lots of plays to love yesterday. Some of the ones that stood out were because of PJ's reactions. He cracks me up. He doesn't seem to get too down when they mess up but man he celebrates like a kid when they do well.

3 stand out.

Green's 4th down conversion (Fleck does the arms in the air TD signal celebration)
Bateman's second effort to get the first down (Fleck does the fist pump)
Huff's INT (PJ is jumping up and down and pointing like a fan)

The awesome playcall on 4th down that resulted in Ibrahim's TD around the end.

Sack fumble and recovery as it was the moment I finally accepted we were going to win!

I'll go with the first interception... Was that Huff? Nope, Coney Durr. Kind of set the defensive tone.

I'm having a hard time recalling the last Gopher interception that was NOT off a tipped ball.

The runs where Ibrahim hauled 4-5 Badgers 10-20 yards downfield were awesome too.

Last edited:

Durr INT.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

This was also my favorite watching Wisconsin's defense get caught flat footed was priceless.

It wasn’t a play but the 9 minute, methodical, time eating, impose your will and destroy the will of your opponents drive. That completely deflated the crowd and the opposing players. Couple timely throws and a lot of Ibrahim and Green. Just outstanding football. The Oline had to LOVE crushing the badgers dline

Barber’s strip sack and his sprint to the sidelines to give PJ the ball....I just think it really shows how much his players love playing for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many, 9 minute drive incredible, many big time runs and a couple passes. I’m so jacked for our QBs. Can’t think of a major mistake by our freshman QB yesterday. Morgan made Hornibrook look like a hack.

There was a slant pass in the nine minute drive (to Johnson?) where Morgan just cold-blooded drilled it to the receiver. I was like WOW!

Bryce Williams running it in to make it 37-7! Rout! Up 30 points late at wisconsin. Boy did that feel good! Total domination. Total embarrassment for wisconsin in their own stadium. It’s like wisconsin fans and players weren’t even there, they seemed totally irrelevant in their own stadium. The Gophers and their fans completely took it over. Even the broadcast was all about Fleck and Minnesota.

Barber’s strip sack and his sprint to the sidelines to give PJ the ball....I just think it really shows how much his players love playing for him!

That play made me cry . Strip by one kid from MN. and his teammate from MN . running off the field to give the ball to PJF.

The pick along our bench that was tipped. The effort to get to the ball and view of our bench. I was like we have them and we want it more. That's when I knew.

The pick along our bench that was tipped. The effort to get to the ball and view of our bench. I was like we have them and we want it more. That's when I knew.

The best part about that play was that it was a senior filling in for Cashman. JuJu Huff came up huge yesterday.

Lot to pick from but this was probably my favorite play of all. You don't see players immediately run over and celebrate with their head coach like that very often....really does show the connection Fleck has made with the players even if there are a lot of fans that are coming around a little slower or not at all.

Plays. If you replay the game and watch the offensive line on run plays, it looks like that scene from the movie Gladiator when the barbarians come running out of the woods and overwhelm the Romans. The line created chaos in that first 5 yard space.

This was mine too. The gophers had gotten a bad spot, called a time out to get it looked at and still had a bad spot. Fleck was mad, but then switched to let’s make a play and the left side of the line blocked that to perfection.

Top Bottom