Ticket Sales

Gold Rush

Reaction score
You have to capitalize on this big win. Ticket sales should start taking off a bit as there becomes more of a buzz around the program. The promotions department needs to really hit it hard to get the fans coming back to the games. This win should make things a lot easier. For those that say, "It's just one win, just as important as any other win" are dead wrong.

They will be talking about this game for years to come. It's the signature win PJ Fleck was looking for and it gives Gopher fans hope that this program is turning around and on solid footing for bigger things to come. Gopher fans will come back if they believe in this team and this program. Again - not just another win - this game alone could put an additional 10,000 fans per game back in the seats next year and it will be a monstrous help for PJ Fleck's recruiting during the offseason.

Appreciate the enthusiasm ... but I doubt this win will move the needle on ticket sales.

That's going to take several seasons, all considerably better than this one.

And it would help if admin would get off its ass and cut prices and actually do some marketing.

JTG

Coyle is considering raising the scholarship seating fee after this win...cementing crowds of 20,000 for next year. :D

One game won't do it, it is going to take time, but this could be a good start.

I think if Coyle and the marketing dept were smart they would hop on this opportunity to promote the win while rolling back prices- have no doubt it would put many more butts in the stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Mona mentioned today that on the creative charter bus last night people were discussing doing something drastic to address attendance... such as $49 season tix and such. Not sure that it goes anywhere, but conversations are being had. Also talk about the sunny side of field etc.

Having Nebraska, Penn State, and Wisconsin at home next year should help.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think if Coyle and the marketing dept were smart they would hop on this opportunity to promote the win while rolling back prices- have no doubt it would put many more butts in the stands.

“If you buy before the Gopher Bowl game we are rolling back prices to 2003 prices!!!!”

Top Bottom