Anyone see Los Venerables?

My, my, my. Such salty language. You're not upset are you? I don't want you to get upset when you have a Nekton thread to write. Post a link so we can all enjoy it.
I was going to say los venerables’s post contained the answer to the question it posed, but I like your response better.

Last edited:

I was going to say los venerables’s post contained the answer to the question it posed, but I like your response better.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/nekton-o-meter-week-12-gophers-beat-some-mediocre--t97582.html

If you don't want to follow the link you can read it here:

los venerables
Posts 15,850
3:54 PM - Nov 26, 2018 #1
The streak is dead, long live the next streak. 14 years is roughly 56% longer than the next longest streak in the rivalry. The likelihood of that accomplishment being broken is pretty slim. The "other" streak - years between victories in the opponent's stadium - was also ended at 24 years. Badger children were born, raised and graduated from UW without ever having to witness the horrific sights we saw on Saturday. Let's do better for their children and their children's children.

But, the most important and revered streak still lives on: rivalry wins in TCF Bank Stadiette. The Badgers currently hold a 5-0 record there. Hopefully we'll cherish that record for as long as the Gophers have cherished their earliest National Championship: 6 years.

At the very least, I think we'll see a respite from the much-lamented decline in recent Gopherhole Silly Seasons. It comes at a price of a Buckyville Stupid Season, but if it means we get Piper to actually show up before a game, it's not all bad.

Another good thing that came out of Saturday's game was that is exposed a calibration error on the part of the Nekton-O-Meter. It seriously underestimated the emotional high-point of Gopherhole. It is my mistake for outsourcing the programming to a 11-year-old coder from my daughter's elementary school. He hasn't been alive long enough to realize the Gophers were even capable of something like that, so he built in a Y2K problem of sorts. But that's on me. 100% my responsibility that I hired someone who was so incompetent and couldn't follow simple directions. That has been rectified in this, the penultimate Nekton-O-Meter.

With the upper bound correctly calibrated to its normal limit - National Champion - we get a more realistic reading of the Goof zeitgeist for a mediocre (by Gopher standards) 6-6 (3-6) team:

Current Nekton-O-Meter Status: Dream Weever
nekton-o-meter week 12.jpg

A weever is a fish that buries itself in the sand for periods up to 14 years. When stepped on, its venomous dorsal spines can inflict an extremely painful, but short-lived and ultimately harmless sting. Then it becomes part of a very nice bouillabaisse. Pairs well with an Ale Asylum Napalm Bunny.

Short but sweet:
I think the Nekton-O-meter blew-up!
Buckyville is pretty amateurish as far as a website goes. Gopherhole is clearly superior as far as layout and content. The postings there are pretty lame. The Iowa and Nebraska boards are much more interesting.
You know Buckyville is far worse
I think the thing I appreciate most about Buckyville is the ongoing level of attention paid to the Gopher program (even when it is at its worst and the Wisconsin program is at its best) is a good reminder of what a rivalry should be.
There was one poster over on Buckeyville (Piper) who seemed to have a good grasp of what being a fan is all about.
I dislike IA far more than WI. Personal preference.
we are classier than uw
Fleck and Chryst are friends.
I think Miley Cyrus said it best.
Could the Gophers be ranked coming in to next season?
"I still don't understand the big ****ing deal with having a signature where it is a board requirement to get rid of it."
Quote Like

Top Bottom