Anyone see Los Venerables?

STPGopher

Reaction score
Wonder what the Nekton-O- Meter looks like this week?

:clap:

Last edited:

I hope GV Badger is OK. He took great pride in bragging about the results of athletic events that he did not actively participate in

I hope GV Badger is OK. He took great pride in bragging about the results of athletic events that he did not actively participate in
That is funny. You must be really disappointed in your fan base that is euphoric over the result of a game they had nothing to do with. Not to mention so defensive about the prevuous 14 reaults they had nothing to do with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes. He's over at Buckyville complaining about the number of fans in attendance at Camp Randall.

I kid you not.

That is funny. You must be really disappointed in your fan base that is euphoric over the result of a game they had nothing to do with. Not to mention so defensive about the prevuous 14 reaults they had nothing to do with.

Happiness is not the same as pride.

37 to 15, and 60 - 60 - 8. What size do you wear? We want to ship a Gophers sweatshirt to you in Golden Valley, MINNESOTA.

Yes. He's over at Buckyville complaining about the number of fans in attendance at Camp Randall.

I kid you not.

Comedy Gold over there right now. They are complaining about injuries. We should post some pictures over there for our old "buddy" Myles Long.

37 to 15, and 60 - 60 - 8. What size do you wear? We want to ship a Gophers sweatshirt to you in Golden Valley, MINNESOTA.
I live in Maple Grove, MINNESOTA. I do need a new dust rag. Large would be good.

Too bad the Gophers gave up that b.s. TD at the end. Game was not nearly as close as score indicated.

Going to make next year a lot of fun.

Comedy Gold over there right now. They are complaining about injuries. We should post some pictures over there for our old "buddy" Myles Long.
Now you know why this board has been so great for 14 years.

There was one poster over on Buckeyville (Piper) who seemed to have a good grasp of what being a fan is all about. I haven't seen much from Magpie, CharchyCharch or Los Venerables since Saturday.

Someone needs to post the gif of Goldy jumping onto Bucky and breaking the table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I post a couple times per year over there and I enjoy reading their board. I appreciate the way they go about things and their making fun of all-things-Gopher. There might be some plain old jerks but most of them are just good fans with good senses of humor. Their ability to needle Gopher fans is funny and I am amazed at the dots they can connect to make any good Gopher story seem bad. I think the thing I appreciate most about Buckyville is the ongoing level of attention paid to the Gopher program (even when it is at its worst and the Wisconsin program is at its best) is a good reminder of what a rivalry should be. They'd be happy if the Gophers lost every game and they spend more time talking about that than they do talking about all the other programs in the B1G, combined. The fact they care that much over a span of time where the Gopher program has often struggled tells me the rivalry is alive and well among fans.

I post a couple times per year over there and I enjoy reading their board. I appreciate the way they go about things and their making fun of all-things-Gopher. There might be some plain old jerks but most of them are just good fans with good senses of humor. Their ability to needle Gopher fans is funny and I am amazed at the dots they can connect to make any good Gopher story seem bad. I think the thing I appreciate most about Buckyville is the ongoing level of attention paid to the Gopher program (even when it is at its worst and the Wisconsin program is at its best) is a good reminder of what a rivalry should be. They'd be happy if the Gophers lost every game and they spend more time talking about that than they do talking about all the other programs in the B1G, combined. The fact they care that much over a span of time where the Gopher program has often struggled tells me the rivalry is alive and well among fans.

That does seem true and there is a lot of time spent bashing Fleck. It would be really fun if Minnesota surges ahead or at least even with the Badgers as there does seem to be a crack of doubt in their confidence with both men’s basketball and football now.

You know how Rupert is kind of a goof ball (no offense Rupert), you're like the Rupert of Gopherhole. If you're good with that, I guess kudos to you.

Nobody near Myles Long types here. Anyway I will enjoy this much till Spring ball!

Cheers!

And yet Gopher fans obsess about the Badgers program. Go Michigan elitist, or rip on your rival. The middle ground is kind of odd.

Maybe it's just me, but to have one or more posts about P.J. going consistently when you state that you think he's a terrible coach?

Anyway, I am enjoying reading posts over there. Stating the obvious much better read when we win!

The 14 years stuff is funny as well. After fourteen years, we finally win one and now we are tied at 60-60-8? IIRC That was their first lead in the series? Every Rivalry has swings, so I won't go overboard with this. I find series ties (and swings) to be what Rivalries are all about. Michigan vs tOSU, USC vs UCLA, Alabama vs Auburn, etc. All have had swings. All still considered rivalries.

Well enough rambling. Until next fall, 37-15!

You know how Rupert is kind of a goof ball (no offense Rupert), you're like the Rupert of Gopherhole. If you're good with that, I guess kudos to you.

I just never understood the provincial nature of this board. Especially with so many threads about Wisconsin over the years, it seemed like a natural place to converse about college football. Maybe I should have understood it based on how provincial we love to be in Minnesota but that is an entirely different discussion and I do not share the sentiments of many Minnesotans.

It amuses me when so many people get offended by other fans posting on a message board. It is just football, it is supposed to be fun. The Badgers got their asses handed to them on Saturday. The only battle the Badgers won in this game was having more turnovers. Not a recipe for success. No Leidner this time to bail the Badgers out, either.

If enjoying bantering about college football is so offensive to some here, so be it. I clearly don't take college football as seriously as most people on this board. Next years game is going to be a hell of a lot more interesting than it would have been if the Badgers would have won again, that is for sure.

PJ may have the program on the right track, though he may have to win a national championship to prove it to the die hards here who dream of near century old national titles played with leather helmets. Plus, he has a hell of a vertical. His biggest problem in Minnesota? He is too damn positive for most people. That's too bad.

Good luck in the bowl game.

I just never understood the provincial nature of this board. Especially with so many threads about Wisconsin over the years, it seemed like a natural place to converse about college football. Maybe I should have understood it based on how provincial we love to be in Minnesota but that is an entirely different discussion and I do not share the sentiments of many Minnesotans.

It amuses me when so many people get offended by other fans posting on a message board. It is just football, it is supposed to be fun. The Badgers got their asses handed to them on Saturday. The only battle the Badgers won in this game was having more turnovers. Not a recipe for success. No Leidner this time to bail the Badgers out, either.

If enjoying bantering about college football is so offensive to some here, so be it. I clearly don't take college football as seriously as most people on this board. Next years game is going to be a hell of a lot more interesting than it would have been if the Badgers would have won again, that is for sure.

PJ may have the program on the right track, though he may have to win a national championship to prove it to the die hards here who dream of near century old national titles played with leather helmets. Plus, he has a hell of a vertical. His biggest problem in Minnesota? He is too damn positive for most people. That's too bad.

You come here to make fun of MN. What do you expect? Gotta be able to take it as well if you're going to dish it out.

I think it's funny how many WI fans will to us our program is irrelevant, it's not a rivalry anymore, etc. but still spend so much time talking about us. The person from buckyville who listed in the thread title comes here every week (well maybe not this week) to copy down everything we say here so he can report it back to his buddies over there. That's so weird to me.

You come here to make fun of MN. What do you expect? Gotta be able to take it as well if you're going to dish it out.

I think it's funny how many WI fans will to us our program is irrelevant, it's not a rivalry anymore, etc. but still spend so much time talking about us. The person from buckyville who listed in the thread title comes here every week (well maybe not this week) to copy down everything we say here so he can report it back to his buddies over there. That's so weird to me.

Perfect summary! Just makes 37-15 all the more sweeter! I think the Nekton-O-meter blew-up!

They can say that all they want. Series wise, 60-60-8 seems pretty equal to me.

GVBadger;1643192[B said:
]I just never understood the provincial nature of this board.[/B] Especially with so many threads about Wisconsin over the years, it seemed like a natural place to converse about college football. Maybe I should have understood it based on how provincial we love to be in Minnesota but that is an entirely different discussion and I do not share the sentiments of many Minnesotans.

Really? C-mon. Tell the truth. You know Buckyville is far worse.

1. MN is so easy to make fun of. That is probably part of it. If you have lived here for 50 years and not figured that out, I can't help you. Of course you have to be able to take it. I didn't mention anything about not being able to take it. Vadgers suck, better dead than red, etc. etc., while sophmoric is so much better than, why are you posting on a Gophers board? Not to mention the seriousness that some people give to football over here. Definitely makes me laugh.

2. Have you ever read the stuff he copies? It is pretty funny.

There always seems to be a passive agressive nature to your posts and an attempt to needle the "locals" here. Then when called out, you play the "awww shucks, I'm just trying to talk football" card. Perhaps others, like me, see through the whole thing and you should realize that. It might cut down on your inability to understand the nature of the board.

1. MN is so easy to make fun of. That is probably part of it. If you have lived here for 50 years and not figured that out, I can't help you. Of course you have to be able to take it. I didn't mention anything about not being able to take it. Vadgers suck, better dead than red, etc. etc., while sophmoric is so much better than, why are you posting on a Gophers board? Not to mention the seriousness that some people give to football over here. Definitely makes me laugh.

2. Have you ever read the stuff he copies? It is pretty funny.

MN easy to make fun of? You guys have some dark stuff in Wisconsin (Dahmer, Gein, Scott Walker, more binge drinking than any other state...).

It cannot be easy to start the season ranked #5 and then pee and poop down your leg. Have mercy on them.

There always seems to be a passive agressive nature to your posts and an attempt to needle the "locals" here. Then when called out, you play the "awww shucks, I'm just trying to talk football" card. Perhaps others, like me, see through the whole thing and you should realize that. It might cut down on your inability to understand the nature of the board.

I don't think it is passive agressive. As a life long Minnesotan that grew up at Memorial Stadium I love needling people on this board. I think that is the fun of a rivalry. If you don't think I thank god every day that I could have been subjected to the torture of being a Gophers fan my whole life, you would be crazy. I talk about it all the time with my friends who are Gophers fans.

I am also more than happy to admit when the Badgers get their ass handed to them, see Saturday.

Buckyville is pretty amateurish as far as a website goes. Gopherhole is clearly superior as far as layout and content. The postings there are pretty lame. The Iowa and Nebraska boards are much more interesting. This is probably due to being the only game in town whereas Minnesota and Wisconsin have pro sports and larger populations. That being said Wisconsucks !!!!!!!!

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom