Anyone see Los Venerables?

It cannot be easy to start the season ranked #5 and then pee and poop down your leg. Have mercy on them.
Actually it is awesome. Most fans looked at the losses on defense and assumed the Badgers would not be a top ten team. Not the national media. They let the hype machine roll on all off season.

Think of little old Wisconsin being the most disappointing of the year when Miami and Auburn also started in the top 10. That is some serious respect. Took 25 years to earn that.

I see. Why is it more fun for you to “contribute” here rather than in your team’s community?
I contribute in both. Though many on both boards would argue I am using a broad definition of contribute.

I had no idea I had so many fans here. The Nekton-O-Meter is still working, but as you can imagine it has a lot more Holetastic comments to process this week.

Good. While you are at it, you can catch up and add Purdue. Post a link here. It's a long time till Spring ball.

Myles should be able to give you some good photos of Badger fans "enjoying" the game on Saturday to add onto your Nekton of choice. I've already submitted my choice.

14 years and you are tied with the lowly Freshman loaded Gophers? This ought to be a fun one. I can't wait!

Have any good crow recipes? I might need some next year. I am happy to say you will need them this year.

Lowly unranked Gophers beat #4 (to start the season) Badgers. With their Heisman candidate runningback.

Please take your time and tell us all about how this happened to the Mighty Badgers! We've got time. We'll wait.:D

I don't live in Wisconsin.

Why not? I've never understood people who are die hard Hawkeyes or Wisconsin fans of sort (pro and college) trash Minnesota and what is all about but live here. If you live here, that means you love Minnesota.

I had no idea I had so many fans here. The Nekton-O-Meter is still working, but as you can imagine it has a lot more Holetastic comments to process this week.

27-13 Badgers, btw

What would I be eating crow for? I haven't predicted a Badger victory.

I'll degrade the win and puts an asterisk by it.

So, fewer turnovers, then? This Fleck guy is a keeper.

Hey, you got your wish!

:)

1. MN is so easy to make fun of. That is probably part of it. If you have lived here for 50 years and not figured that out, I can't help you. Of course you have to be able to take it. I didn't mention anything about not being able to take it. Vadgers suck, better dead than red, etc. etc., while sophmoric is so much better than, why are you posting on a Gophers board? Not to mention the seriousness that some people give to football over here. Definitely makes me laugh.

2. Have you ever read the stuff he copies? It is pretty funny.

Generally if a fan from another team comes here to actually talk about the game and the teams they are treated nicely. Again, what do you expect when you're sole purpose here is to make fun of MN? I've only been over to that cesspool at buckyville a few times and every post by a another team's fan is met with ridicule regardless of what they say.

Funny? More like pathetic. Spend that much time on a team you say is irrelevant? Makes sense.

Why not? I've never understood people who are die hard Hawkeyes or Wisconsin fans of sort (pro and college) trash Minnesota and what is all about but live here. If you live here, that means you love Minnesota.
Not difficult. I have lived here my whole life except for school. I hate the Packers and other Wisconsin pro teams.

Generally if a fan from another team comes here to actually talk about the game and the teams they are treated nicely. Again, what do you expect when you're sole purpose here is to make fun of MN? I've only been over to that cesspool at buckyville a few times and every post by a another team's fan is met with ridicule regardless of what they say.

Funny? More like pathetic. Spend that much time on a team you say is irrelevant? Makes sense.
I talked about the game. The Badgers got their ass kicked. Not a lot to break down.

You are thought of less on this board than you are on Buckyville. I never thought that would be possible.

Exactly ! I always ask the diehard Badger / Packer fans " why don't you move there since it's so wonderful " . I usually hear a lot of mumbling about a better job. Good, so enjoy our beautiful state and stop being so obnoxious.

Exactly ! I always ask the diehard Badger / Packer fans " why don't you move there since it's so wonderful " . I usually hear a lot of mumbling about a better job. Good, so enjoy our beautiful state and stop being so obnoxious.

I don't understand it either.

These Packer fans that come here and wear Packers gear about 5 days a week.
If you are so proud, then why aren't you living outside the stadium working at a wood pellet mill?

Sure, it's part of your culture, but no need to take advantage of the fact Minnesotans are welcoming by deciding to wear Packers garb all week and talk about how good your old Super Bowl team was.

If we were working in Fond Du Lac with you collecting bull semen for dairy cattle, we would probably be fine chatting Packers playoff history all week if you wanted, but in Minnesota where most people either work in health care, education, or IT our anxiousness to see you prance around in your Lynn Dickey uniform and Select Sires hat is not great.

Opened up the "Nekton-O-Meter This Week" thread for the first time and it was pretty darn funny.

I regret not following the saga for the full season.

I have no issue with absolute disdain, disrespect, or whatever dis-word applies across sports fandom when done creatively with a wink.

Gotta have thick skin to play nice among true rivals. This is a great example.

Must-See TV...

I don't have a problem with refugees from Wisconsin or Iowa making better lives for themselves here, and I completely understand if they take their loyalties for their pro sports teams or their alma mater and keep that with them despite the move. I'd be the same way if I moved elsewhere.

The ones I completely don't understand are the people that move out of MN and take on loyalty to the teams near their new homes. The worst of the worst is my sister-in-law. I suppose I shouldn't be as surprised as I am because she barely knows a baseball from a football. But, she grew up in MN, graduated from UofM, moved to Wisconsin (husband is from ILL and got a job there) and now quite suddenly is a Packer/Badger fan. Blech.

Opened up the "Nekton-O-Meter This Week" thread for the first time and it was pretty darn funny.

I have no issue with absolute disdain, disrespect, or whatever dis-word applies across sports fandom when done creatively with a wink.

Must-See TV...

Yes, it is pretty good. And of course the quotes (often taken out of context) are funny too.

One thing I have noticed is Buckyville has taken on a decidedly Gopherhole-like feel this week. Lots of doubts creeping in. Worried about attendance, worried about future of team, worried about coaching. Wondering how the team can get better. Fire somebody. Etc. etc. etc. It would be fun to see this continue over the long term but right now at least - the shoe is on the other foot.

Must-See TV...

That's not the point. If you are going to do a weekly bit. Do a weekly bit. Plenty of material for him on the Purdue game, and the Wisconsin game as well. Smells of cowardice to me.

Yes, it is pretty good. And of course the quotes (often taken out of context) are funny too.

One thing I have noticed is Buckyville has taken on a decidedly Gopherhole-like feel this week. Lots of doubts creeping in. Worried about attendance, worried about future of team, worried about coaching. Wondering how the team can get better. Fire somebody. Etc. etc. etc. It would be fun to see this continue over the long term but right now at least - the shoe is on the other foot.

Not sure you have been paying attentiion. There is a state of the program thread basically after every loss. Though this year there is a lot more to chew on. Every program is concerned with attendance. Some more than others. It will be a very interesting off season in Madison. For those in the fan base looking for large scale changes, I think there is going to be massive disappointment. The biggest change I expect is the Badgers might run a counter on first down instead of straight up the middle.

I don't have a problem with refugees from Wisconsin or Iowa making better lives for themselves here, and I completely understand if they take their loyalties for their pro sports teams or their alma mater and keep that with them despite the move. I'd be the same way if I moved elsewhere.

The ones I completely don't understand are the people that move out of MN and take on loyalty to the teams near their new homes. The worst of the worst is my sister-in-law. I suppose I shouldn't be as surprised as I am because she barely knows a baseball from a football. But, she grew up in MN, graduated from UofM, moved to Wisconsin (husband is from ILL and got a job there) and now quite suddenly is a Packer/Badger fan. Blech.

The rules are:
- Root for the team of your alma mater regardless of where you grew up. You can keep your hometown team as a second rooting interest, but cannot root for them against your alma mater.

- Root for your hometown pro teams for the rest of your life. You can adopt a local team as a second rooting interest, but cannot root for them against your hometown team or you are a traitor.

Exceptions:
- You May root for any team your kid plays for.
- If your team moves, Norm Green sucks!

The rules are:
- Root for the team of your alma mater regardless of where you grew up. You can keep your hometown team as a second rooting interest, but cannot root for them against your alma mater.

- Root for your hometown pro teams for the rest of your life. You can adopt a local team as a second rooting interest, but cannot root for them against your hometown team or you are a traitor.

Exceptions:

Makes sense to me.

The rules are:

Exceptions:
Which is why I never wanted to go to UW.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

The rules are:

Exceptions:

Your children will root for their hometown team, not yours.

Your children will root for their hometown team, not yours.

Hmmm. My Dad grew up in Green Bay, my mother in Marinette, WI (far NE corner), and I grew up in Northern Minnesota. It was the Packers or nothing for me as far as NFL, and my kids are now the same.

Interestingly enough, my Dad was a UW grad, but his first job out of college brought him to Minnesota (St. Paul) in the late 50's and he became an immediate Gopher Football fan, and never looked back.

Hmmm. My Dad grew up in Green Bay, my mother in Marinette, WI (far NE corner), and I grew up in Northern Minnesota. It was the Packers or nothing for me as far as NFL, and my kids are now the same.

Interestingly enough, my Dad was a UW grad, but his first job out of college brought him to Minnesota (St. Paul) in the late 50's and he became an immediate Gopher Football fan, and never looked back.

Smart man! BTW, Your dad wasn't Seymour Cray was he?

Occasionally I check out Buckyville. Makes me grateful for the moderators at GopherHole.

Thanks GopherLady!

Really? C-mon. Tell the truth. You know Buckyville is far worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Occasionally I check out Buckyville. Makes me grateful for the moderators at GopherHole.

What's the problem with the moderation at Buckyville? Is it because we let Ruppert* post and you dicks banned him? We also let Piper post (DMB123 here), and folks are simultaneously extolling him as a great gopher fan for his posts there and accusing him of being a Badger troll when he posts here. It's pretty funny.

*Well, it's not really Ruppert, but his son or someone else, but point is, Ruppert could post if he wanted to.

What's the problem with the moderation at Buckyville? Is it because we let Ruppert* post and you dicks banned him? We also let Piper post (DMB123 here), and folks are simultaneously extolling him as a great gopher fan for his posts there and accusing him of being a Badger troll when he posts here. It's pretty funny.

*Well, it's not really Ruppert, but his son or someone else, but point is, Ruppert could post if he wanted to.

My, my, my. Such salty language. You're not upset are you? I don't want you to get upset when you have a Nekton thread to write. Post a link so we can all enjoy it.

Top Bottom