Anyone who didn't have an oar, have one today?

skauma

Reaction score
RTB!

I understand the hesitancy that many have had to get on board and row, and understand why some might still not be on board.

Anyone who wasn't on the boat, or was on the verge, now rowing? Curious to hear if anyone's opinions have changed.

That nine plus minute drive...picking up a significant number first downs on 3rd and 4th down situations and winning 2out of 3 November games has me feeling hopeful for this GOPHER football program...the players and the coach and his staff. Getting bowl eligible was great for this program and especially great for the kids in this program. I'm very happy for them!

That nine plus minute drive...picking up a significant number first downs on 3rd and 4th down situations and winning 2out of 3 November games has me feeling hopeful for this GOPHER football program...the players and the coach and his staff. Getting bowl eligible was great for this program and especially great for the kids in this program. I'm very happy for them!

I can only imagine how much easier it will be PJ Fleck and his staff to recruit with this big win. There is a little buzz around the program heading into next year and I think ticket sales will start improving. Big win!

RTB!

I understand the hesitancy that many have had to get on board and row, and understand why some might still not be on board.

Anyone who wasn't on the boat, or was on the verge, now rowing? Curious to hear if anyone's opinions have changed.

Rowing? No, but much more hopeful.
I will never like his style, just not wired to, but yesterday’s game was the biggest sign that I have seen that he can succeed at this level. The timeout approach still puzzles me - but it was clear the team went into yesterday knowing exactly what they needed to do and how to do it. The players did great and the coaches did as well. I had been saying all week we had a chance, but never expected that. Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. It was one win against an average team, although at least against a rival.

Season still very average. Two years ago we were 8-4, and now 6-6 with no wins against any good teams (sound like a familiar mantra from a few trying to run out previous coach two years ago). However, it is really true.

They need to demonstrate they can compete against someone good teams, as they really didn’t look good just a week ago. Yet, good to see defense playing well again, and offense continues to improve.

Finally, I will never be a supporter of PJ and RTB. I think the team looks like a MAC program with oars on helmets, a wrench on the sideline. That said, I also did not criticize the staff even once on this board all year. However, like thousands of others, I didn’t go to the games for the first time - had never missed a game at TCF until this year. One win won’t bring me back.

Season still very average. Two years ago we were 8-4, and now 6-6 with no wins against any good teams (sound like a familiar mantra from a few trying to run out previous coach two years ago). However, it is really true.

They need to demonstrate they can compete against someone good teams, as they really didn’t look good just a week ago. Yet, good to see defense playing well again, and offense continues to improve.

Finally, I will never be a supporter of PJ and RTB. I think the team looks like a MAC program with oars on helmets, a wrench on the sideline. That said, I also did not criticize the staff even once on this board all year. However, like thousands of others, I didn’t go to the games for the first time - had never missed a game at TCF until this year. One win won’t bring me back.

Clearly, there's only room for so many on a boat. Thanks for bringing your negativity back to the board.

We honestly don't need you. If you let a coach's personality and slogan (which clearly connects with the players and recruits) override your love for the University and our teams, then you were never a true Gopher fan. Don't worry, we'll replace you with younger fans who don't have a stick up their ass.

We honestly don't need you. If you let a coach's personality and slogan (which clearly connects with the players and recruits) override your love for the University and our teams, then you were never a true Gopher fan. Don't worry, we'll replace you with younger fans who don't have a stick up their ass.

And it is this kind of approach that drives away fans. That’s alright though, ignore the thousands who aren’t diehards on Gopherhole who also are not going to games, and not clicking with PJ. One win will not bring them back.

And it is this kind of approach that drives away fans. That’s alright though, ignore the thousands who aren’t diehards on Gopherhole who also are not going to games, and not clicking with PJ. One win will not bring them back.

You're pretty much the only one saying that. But either way, those of us who followed through thick and thin, have been waiting for this moment since 2003. Beating Wisconsin - especially at their place in dominating fashion - is something we will never forget.

But maybe you can head over to the basketball board and complain about how their 5-0 start isn't good enough?

You keep saying thousands - I think you are counting like at Trump's inauguration

I won't deride anyone for their opinions...people can like who they want to like. But I can guarantee you that if this team is competing for the B1G title in a year or two, TCF will be packed again and many in those seats will be the same people ripping Fleck right now. And I don't even care -- if they've been hardcore Gophers fans at any point, they've earned whatever success they get to experience regardless of how they feel about the coach.

After yesterday's win the dearth of comments from those who dislike PJ were very noticeable (Spoofin was an exception) this changes nothing in their minds. But I'm happy to report their basement just got a bit colder as they burrowed down.

You're pretty much the only one saying that. But either way, those of us who followed through thick and thin, have been waiting for this moment since 2003. Beating Wisconsin - especially at their place in dominating fashion - is something we will never forget.

But maybe you can head over to the basketball board and complain about how their 5-0 start isn't good enough?

Actually, I am really excited about the basketball program. Thought they would rebound after a tough year last year.

You keep saying thousands - I think you are counting like at Trump's inauguration

Really? 15,000 fans at each of last two home games?

That said, I also shared positives of program in my previous post. Just said it’s one win, although a win against a rival.

I’m just not going to RTB - I think it’s stupid.

I know you’re largely trolling but I’ll take a shot. Compete against someone good? Competing on the road at OSU isn’t good enough? Yikes. That’s a tall bar; I’d say the Gophers played them better than Michigan, but Michigan is no good either I guess?

Fresno is 10-2 and playing in the MW title game. Not bad either. And Purdue thumped the crap out of OSU and the Gophers crushed the Boilers.

With the QB situation the way it was entering the season, this was never likely to be a 10-win team, whether that satisfies you or not.

The team is going in the right direction, without question, whether they crushed Wisconsin in Madison or not. You should think about cheering for Alabama.

I've always thought and said that Fleck's rhetorical style ("culture") is annoying and gimmicky. It reminded me too much of Brewster.

And I've also always thought and said that if they win, FINE. I don't care if Fleck runs the field naked as his thing. Just win, damnit.

Finally, I've always thought and said ..... no matter how much they win, even the Rose Bowl, I'll never support that Fleck's *personal* brand is on our uniforms. That is disrespectful to the university and everyone who is apart of it and came before him. It's a very minor complaint ... but I will still hang onto it, no matter what. I hate the oar on the helmet, and if I had the power, I'd ban that.

Would I give up the win over Wisconsin to get that? Oh helllllll no. Please.

I've always thought and said that Fleck's rhetorical style ("culture") is annoying and gimmicky. It reminded me too much of Brewster.

And I've also always thought and said that if they win, FINE. I don't care if Fleck runs the field naked as his thing. Just win, damnit.

Finally, I've always thought and said ..... no matter how much they win, even the Rose Bowl, I'll never support that Fleck's *personal* brand is on our uniforms. That is disrespectful to the university and everyone who is apart of it and came before him. It's a very minor complaint ... but I will still hang onto it, no matter what. I hate the oar on the helmet, and if I had the power, I'd ban that.

Would I give up the win over Wisconsin to get that? Oh helllllll no. Please.

But you do understand the difference between a "culture" and a "gimmick", right? The players are clearly bought into the culture Fleck has created. Not sure we ever fully saw that with Brew. The difference I will point to between the two programs is mainly off the field, but some on.

- Players contributions in the community.
- Their best success ever in the classroom.
- Good behavior off the field.
- This team finishing the season very strong despite all signs of a meltdown after Illinois.

To me, these are all indicators of a program building momentum

I have been a strong supporter of PJ. Some of his approach can be a little gimmicky for us old folks, but he is free to use his positive approach to build this program. I am not on the boat (his players are), I would also ban the paddles from the uniforms, but I am full on Ski-U-Mah all the way to the bank.

His firing the DC a few weeks ago and followed up with winning the Axe has made a dramatic change in his career at the U. Just look at the 1,500-1,600 GH viewers right now.

Not everything thinks the same way. While the old crabby fans complain away they still will root and buy tickets for the Gophers. We need all fans right now.

Not everything thinks the same way. While the old crabby fans complain away they still will root and buy tickets for the Gophers. We need all fans right now.

No, I think you missed the point. He clearly said he is not buying tickets now because of Fleck and "one win" won't bring him back.

Where in the heck do I buy a real oar with the slogan on it? I want to lean it in the corner of my apartment so every date I bring back can ask me why I have an oar, and then I can explain what RTB is and get their emotions worked up.

Will never be a RTB guy. Wish we would take the oars off the helmets. That said, pumped about beating the Badgers and getting the axe back. Very excited for this offense next year. Still worried about the future of our defense as it appears all of our playmakers on that side of the ball are guys that were already here. I’m hoping to see PJ’s recruits start making a bigger impact on D.

But you do understand the difference between a "culture" and a "gimmick", right? The players are clearly bought into the culture Fleck has created. Not sure we ever fully saw that with Brew. The difference I will point to between the two programs is mainly off the field, but some on.

- Players contributions in the community.
- Their best success ever in the classroom.
- Good behavior off the field.
- This team finishing the season very strong despite all signs of a meltdown after Illinois.

To me, these are all indicators of a program building momentum

Thank you for this post.

You are absolutely correct. My post did seem disrespectful of the culture itself .... when in fact, Fleck *should* be applauded for installing the culutre he does! His culture is the *right way* to run a CFB ........... internally.

I hate the external interface that he very boldly displays to the public. That's more the rub. But like I said, just fine, if we win. And again, lastly and least importantly, wish his *personal* brand was not allowed on our uniforms (other than small helmet stickers or uniform patches, that is fine, and what it should be).

I know you’re largely trolling but I’ll take a shot. Compete against someone good? Competing on the road at OSU isn’t good enough? Yikes. That’s a tall bar; I’d say the Gophers played them better than Michigan, but Michigan is no good either I guess?

Fresno is 10-2 and playing in the MW title game. Not bad either. And Purdue thumped the crap out of OSU and the Gophers crushed the Boilers.

With the QB situation the way it was entering the season, this was never likely to be a 10-win team, whether that satisfies you or not.

The team is going in the right direction, without question, whether they crushed Wisconsin in Madison or not. You should think about cheering for Alabama.

You’re right, I’m largely just pushing the buttons of those who couldn’t give any credit to 9 wins two years ago. Yet, this year, like then, we haven’t beaten anyone really. However, it’s great to beat Wisconsin even in a down year.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. I decided to upgrade my season tix last week at a loss against NU. This team is going in the right direction.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Where in the heck do I buy a real oar with the slogan on it? I want to lean it in the corner of my apartment so every date I bring back can ask me why I have an oar, and then I can explain what RTB is and get their emotions worked up.

And I would **HOPE** that if you buy an official "RTB" oar, ie it has Fleck's patent/intellectual property/brand on it, that all profits from that sale go to a non-profit/charity to fight childhood diseases and support families battling them.

Please, please ...

I can only imagine how much easier it will be PJ Fleck and his staff to recruit with this big win. There is a little buzz around the program heading into next year and I think ticket sales will start improving. Big win!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was a great win for the team and long suffering fans. But let's be honest, this win saved Fleck's recruiting class, it won't make recruiting any easier.

And I would **HOPE** that if you buy an official "RTB" oar, ie it has Fleck's patent/intellectual property/brand on it, that all profits from that sale go to a non-profit/charity to fight childhood diseases and support families battling them.

Please, please ...

Would you buy a “Brick by Brick” during the Kill years with the proceeds going to epilepsy research?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was a great win for the team and long suffering fans. But let's be honest, this win saved Fleck's recruiting class, it won't make recruiting any easier.

Morgan
Ibrahim
B. Williams
Bateman
Autman-Bell
Falelee
Dunlap
Andres
Paulson
Douglas
T. Smith
Otemwo
Teague
Howden

All freshmen - true or redshirt - who made contributions yesterday and at many times this season. Id say the opportunity to make an immediate impact like that is attractive to kids. Lets see what kind of gems PJ rounds out the class with over the next few weeks.

I want an oar and hope to see it slice some cheese tonight.

I want the Wisconsin sweep!

Top Bottom