SI Doesn't Mince Words - Biggest Disappointment in 2018

Wisconsin lost to Minnesota for the first time since 2003, a fitting ending to the most disappointing regular season in all of college football.

https://www.si.com/college-football...DQ5ZzRFe7SrUVB_9xCR7GpH8vKpS5uCh1rkhA_C5hgZ8I

Per the link:

Wisconsin will have to take a close look at its roster and approach in the offseason, and as it re-evaluates and regroups, a new order in the Big Ten West may be forming. P.J. Fleck in his second year won a rivalry that Minnesota’s four previous coaches never could. Jeff Brohm has made Purdue interesting, if not quite a sustained winner. Northwestern is methodically good, if not elite. The Badgers have some competition, and instead of looking to the East’s more traditionally loaded teams as their only obstacle, it’s time for them to start to consider their own side of the conference bracket.

Go Gophers!!

Per the link:

Wisconsin will have to take a close look at its roster and approach in the offseason, and as it re-evaluates and regroups, a new order in the Big Ten West may be forming. P.J. Fleck in his second year won a rivalry that Minnesota’s four previous coaches never could. Jeff Brohm has made Purdue interesting, if not quite a sustained winner. Northwestern is methodically good, if not elite. The Badgers have some competition, and instead of looking to the East’s more traditionally loaded teams as their only obstacle, it’s time for them to start to consider their own side of the conference bracket.

Go Gophers!!

and don't forget about Nebraska probably on the rise as well

Interesting timing in the West right now, and Illinois will probably look for a new coach as well.

Next year a bit more pressure on Frost. He'll need a defense at some point.

Per the link:

Go Gophers!!

"Four" previous coaches? It's more than a little disingenuous to throw Horton in there.

"Four" previous coaches? It's more than a little disingenuous to throw Horton in there.

In addition to only being an interim coach, Horton never head coached the axe game, right? That would be like faulting PJ for not having won the victory bell.

I hate that we are involved with another team's rock bottom.... reminds me of when we were likely the straw that broke the camel's back for Bo Pellini at Nebraska.

Hopefully we are not far off from what happened this past Saturday being able to be perceived as part of the "normal order" of things.

I hate that we are involved with another team's rock bottom.... reminds me of when we were likely the straw that broke the camel's back for Bo Pellini at Nebraska.

Hopefully we are not far off from what happened this past Saturday being able to be perceived as part of the "normal order" of things.

And Mike Reilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin downfall prediction #4423995

Something to think about, this year we're well into Chryst's first class playing a great deal..... he only ever went .500 at Pitt... maybe he was just riding some coat tails and can't do it.

Wisconsin downfall prediction #4423995

Something to think about, this year we're well into Chryst's first class playing a great deal..... he only ever went .500 at Pitt... maybe he was just riding some coat tails and can't do it.

I know we do this too every chance we can but there is a definite chink in the Wisconsin armor.

I never imagined a mediocre Gopher team physically dominating a Badger team and blowing them out in Madison. The Wisconsin crowd was weak in size and tone and the Badgers were weak in size and tone.

The 4th and 3 call was symbolic. With an all time great running back, Chryst chose to throw the ball. Past badger teams would have run that down the Gophers throat.

Perhaps this is finally the start of the slide.

I know we do this too every chance we can but there is a definite chink in the Wisconsin armor.

I never imagined a mediocre Gopher team physically dominating a Badger team and blowing them out in Madison. The Wisconsin crowd was weak in size and tone and the Badgers were weak in size and tone.

The 4th and 3 call was symbolic. With an all time great running back, Chryst chose to throw the ball. Past badger teams would have run that down the Gophers throat.

Perhaps this is finally the start of the slide.

Barry also said this would be the last coach he would hire ...

But yeah Wisc looked very uncharacteristic.

That's what happens when they are grossly overrated to begin the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom