UW's TJ Edwards: "never in a million years thought that we would lose this game"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
UW's TJ Edwards: "never in a million years thought that we would lose this game"

per the LaCrosse Tribune:

Minnesota secured Paul Bunyan’s Axe on Saturday long before the Golden Gophers actually sprinted towards the trophy in Camp Randall Stadium’s South end zone.

They didn’t simply end the University of Wisconsin’s 14-game stranglehold in the series. Minnesota crushed the Badgers, 37-15, to snatch away hardware the Gophers haven’t displayed in Minneapolis since 2003. It marked UW’s worst home loss against Minnesota since 1936 and its widest margin of defeat in the rivalry since 1969.

“They were the dominant team tonight,” UW safety D’Cota Dixon said. "Simple as that. There’s no excuses. There’s no ‘ifs' and ‘ands' or ‘buts.' They were the better football team tonight. They did what they came here to do."

The win granted Minnesota (6-6, 3-6) bowl eligibility in P.J. Fleck’s second year as head coach and served as a new low point in a season full of them for the Badgers (7-5, 5-4), who entered the year ranked fourth and with aspirations of making the College Football Playoff.

Multiple seniors, including Dixon, left guard Michael Deiter, and right guard Beau Benzschawel, said after the game that the inability to end their careers by ceremonially chopping down the goal posts with the Axe will stick with them forever.

“You’re more so just kind of, not embarrassed, but you feel like you let the guys down that were here before you,” UW senior inside linebacker T.J. Edwards said. "That’s really tough to think about. I never in a million years thought that we would lose this game, but we did."

https://lacrossetribune.com/sports/...cle_aab67bc8-81d3-52f8-859b-f6916c1cb05c.html

Go Gophers!!

Bulletin board that ****!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well then I guess it sucks to be you.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!

I know it’s been a while, but I don’t think a million years is accurate.

Top Bottom