Chip: This marked a pivotal moment for Fleck’s program; makes believers of skeptics

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

P.J. Fleck’s program grew up Saturday. His team played big-boy football. Tough, physical, confident, opportunistic football.

The Gophers stormed into a house of horrors and left with a bowl game ticket and a rivalry trophy missing for so long that it had become merely a rumor.

Gophers 37, Wisconsin 15.

Enjoy it, Gophers fans. That’s not a misprint.

No fluke, either. The Gophers dominated their rival in a manner that left no doubt about which one was the better team at Camp Randall Stadium.

“What a game,” Fleck said.

More than a game, this marked a pivotal moment for Fleck’s program, and not just because the Gophers became bowl eligible, though that certainly represents a tangible sign of progress in Year 2.

It was the kind of statement victory that makes believers of skeptics. The kind of win that should jumpstart woeful attendance. The kind of win that gives credibility to Fleck’s unabashed positivity and insistence that better days are coming.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...eating-rival-badgers-in-all-phases/501187911/

Go Gophers!!

great column from chip. agree completely that some skeptics will now come around on fleck. this was a complete narrative changing win.

The skeptics will point to the depleted Wisky team and put a * next to it. Hell with that! It's Becky, it's a win, and I'm all to happy to take it.

The skeptics will point to the depleted Wisky team and put a * next to it. Hell with that! It's Becky, it's a win, and I'm all to happy to take it.

You don't hear the Gophers complaining about their injuries. So, why should they put an asterisk on the Wisky team? The Gophers won it mano a mano.

Yeah. No Winfield, Smith, or Brooks. Our 3 best players. No Cashman for most of game. No apologies necessary.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom