Williamson

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I know we are celebrating the Gophers win against Wis. tonight. A couple things. I was actually at a movie and thought I recorded the game to watch later. It turned out the DVR did not record it. Is there a later time in the week that it will be played again?

Here are just the post season stats for Williamson. They look like a whole season for a good back. This postseason alone, Williamson tallied 1,581 yards and 22 touchdowns in five games. For the season, the senior ran for 3,003 yards, scoring 47 touchdowns.

I know we are celebrating the Gophers win against Wis. tonight. A couple things. I was actually at a movie and thought I recorded the game to watch later. It turned out the DVR did not record it. Is there a later time in the week that it will be played again?

Here are just the post season stats for Williamson. They look like a whole season for a good back. This postseason alone, Williamson tallied 1,581 yards and 22 touchdowns in five games. For the season, the senior ran for 3,003 yards, scoring 47 touchdowns.

It was a defensive struggle. They pretty much had him bottled up except for two big TD runs. You can see them both on KSTP.COM sports page.

I do not know what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't explain very well ... should never assume folk know who you are talking about ... my bad.

Owatonna won their class state championship yesterday. These were future Gopher Jason Williamson's stats for the season. However his post season stats alone would be a very nice season stat. Here are just the post season and season stats for Williamson. They look like a whole season for a good back. This postseason alone, Williamson tallied 1,581 yards and 22 touchdowns in five games. For the season, the senior ran for 3,003 yards, scoring 47 touchdowns.

The other question was ... We took the family to a movie and were going to watch the game later on DVR. However, it did not record. Is there a scheduled repeat of the game later in the week?

Full replays of the Gophers game are available on-demand at both ESPN.com/watch and BTN2GO

Thanks BeenHazy ... non computer guy here ... are those phone apps or computer websites. Sorry if it seems like a dumb question. Thanks in advance.

It was a defensive struggle. They pretty much had him bottled up except for two big TD runs. You can see them both on KSTP.COM sports page.

The first TD run was really impressive. He was wrapped up by a couple of defenders, puts the hand down to regain his balance, and boom he's gone!

The first TD run was really impressive. He was wrapped up by a couple of defenders, puts the hand down to regain his balance, and boom he's gone!

Made Sportcenter Top 10 This morning!

I believe I read on GH that there is a good probability he WON'T play running back at the U right? He will most likely be converted to a defensive player, right? Someone with more knowledge, please chime in!

Nice video of Williamson running in the state championship game, and plug for him at halftime by the NFL Sunday Night Football crew... I believe I heard a Ski U Mah as well.

Nice video of Williamson running in the state championship game, and plug for him at halftime by the NFL Sunday Night Football crew... I believe I heard a Ski U Mah as well.

Very nice video of Williamson as it showed his awesome run where he shakes off a couple three sure tackles to score a touchdown. Very nice! Not bad for national television!

I believe I read on GH that there is a good probability he WON'T play running back at the U right? He will most likely be converted to a defensive player, right? Someone with more knowledge, please chime in!

Strong safety or LB had been the plan. Maybe he gets a chance at RB.

Being a running back for the Gophers is tough. Williams, Ibrahim have three years left. Another 4 star recruit coming in. Not a lot of extra carries and if he wants to play defense is likely an easier path

Being a running back for the Gophers is tough. Williams, Ibrahim have three years left. Another 4 star recruit coming in. Not a lot of extra carries and if he wants to play defense is likely an easier path

What 4-star RB commit is that?

Evey time I click on this thread I think it's gonna be about Chris Williamson, lol. Not to derail it, but he's been huge down this 3 game stretch. Looks healthy and skilled. That pick yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Evey time I click on this thread I think it's gonna be about Chris Williamson, lol. Not to derail it, but he's been huge down this 3 game stretch. Looks healthy and skilled. That pick yesterday was a thing of beauty.

I thought the same thing initially...

Williamson reminds me of Ron Goetz, the greatest HS running back I ever saw in person. Overpowering size and speed to regularly bust through tackles on the way to the end zone against kids, but might not have the quickness and vision for D1 P5...at least not right away. The Gophers moved Goetz to LB and he went on to be All-Big 10. It helped that he was in the same class as Darrell Thompson.

I find Jason's running style pretty interesting based on the four games I've watched/seen. Very patient waiting for holes to open (if they do open). Pretty upright runner, which probably gives him better vision and sacrifices some power. Feels like he gets a lot of shorter runs when there is a lack of openings and then when plays have a gap, he's gone for a huge gainers. Reminds me of Eric Dickerson (and yes, I realize he's no where near that good!) Probably nothing earth shattering from this observation, as I'm a true amateur evaluator. :cool:

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Will he be on campus early?

Top Bottom