Odd stat about PJ's wins and losses

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
With PJ so far, they have 11 wins.

7 of the 11 have been by 22 points or more (more than 3 TD's)
The smallest margin of victory has been 7 (three times).

6 of the wins were against Power 5.
4 of those six were by 22 points or more.

On the losing side
PJ has 13 losses, all against Big Ten.

He's had 6 losses of 22 points or more of those 13 losses. (all during Robb Smith).
Only three losses were 7 points or less.

Another way to put it...
PJ's coached 24 games. Margin has only been within 21 points either way for 11 of those (and only one was less than 7).

That is one of the things about this team that confounds me - the wide swings from up to down.

I know a loss is a loss - but there is a whole different feel from a close loss compared to a 20 or 30-point loss.

if Fleck and his coaches can figure out a way to keep the losses closer (and fewer.....), while still showing the ability to put teams away on offense, then he will really have something.

I think that is what most long-time Gopher fans have been yearning for - someone who could produce offense like Mason, and coach defense like Claeys.

If Fleck and his staff figure out how to do that, he might just get that Statue yet.

I think the answer is Rossi. Fleck has definitely produced the offense this year....but the defense has been questionable. That has changed the last 3 games. We lost to Northwestern by 10...not 3 touchdowns and they won the division. I believe these last 3 games are what we can look forward to next year...and we get Penn State...we have the opportunity to get Floyd, $5 Pieces of Broken Chair and The Governor's Victory Bell and we'll get a chance to keep the Axe. I can't help but believe that the winning team will show up for these matches after feeling what they surely felt tonight. They'll understand more in the morning when they are in Minnesota and it's all anyone is talking about. Today meant a lot in the progress of the program.

Top Bottom