For those who were there....

John Galt

Reaction score
Just watched it live with my own eyes... one of the great sports moments of my life. Watching us run all over the field and chop down the goal posts after breaking the streak will be a moment I’ll never forget. Chants of Ski-U-Mah, RTB and Go Gophers echoing throughout Camp Randall...

Amazing, glad I was here for it!

Yep, been through some tough afternoons here - today made up for them!

Congrats to those who were there. I was at Michigan a few years back and stayed until they kicked us out...I just couldn't leave while the jug was still on the field. Watching the axe must've been 100x better! How sweet! Post pics and/or videos, please!

I was there. Incredible. Brought my son - it will stick with him.
I’m not one to throw out a lot of compliments to Wisky (after past experiences) but found the WI band playing for the Gophers while they “chopped” down the goal posts pretty impressive.
Not enough good things to say about the day. It was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home.

I'm now 1-7 on gophers road trips, I was almost ready to quit

Awesome for those of you who attended.

This is why we love sports.

First game I've ever been to and I picked a good one!

Awesome for those of you who attended.

This is why we love sports.

2nd trip camp Randall, I was also there with Brewster when bielma went for two

From start to finish badger fans were much nicer

Badger fans started leaving mid way thru 3rd. My fandom saw enough I never relaxed really relaxed. The missed fg, once we got turnover and to 30 was first time I was confident in victory

Man, just great to to see. When tickets were originally purchased I wasn't very excited to go...

I was there as well. Saw us lose in Camp Randall in ‘04, ‘06, ‘12, ‘14, and ‘16. Today was incredible. I’ll never forget it.

I was there as well. Saw us lose in Camp Randall in ‘04, ‘06, ‘12, ‘14, and ‘16. Today was incredible. I’ll never forget it.

Been to Gopher/Badger games since 1992 off and on

Ive Never seen us win at Camp Randall... us fans rocked the south endzone and the players brought us the axe.

few of us jumped on the field... its an amazing feeling , the bar scene is hilarious.... they are salty and its OHHH DELICIOUS

I was there in 00, 02, and 04. The fans were obnoxious and the results disheartening. I wish I was there this time.

Just watched it live with my own eyes... one of the great sports moments of my life. Watching us run all over the field and chop down the goal posts after breaking the streak will be a moment I’ll never forget. Chants of Ski-U-Mah, RTB and Go Gophers echoing throughout Camp Randall...

Amazing, glad I was here for it!

Congrats JG! Had to be great watching an incredible effort by our boys- and a continued impressive implementation and execution of a wonderful game plan by the new DC. Hope you and all the Gopher fans enjoyed the post parties and didn't have any issues with disgruntled Becky fans. Safe trip home!

I was there at well. Posted before that one of my first gophers football memories is the loss in 2005 (young guy here), it feels so good to finally have the memory of winning, and to have been there when it happened.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Was there in ‘00, ‘04, ‘06, ‘08, ‘10, ‘12, ‘14, ‘16, and last night... it was about friggin’ time! I always have a good time in madtown, but adding a bucky beatdown to that will make it memorable forever.

Had a feeling and made the trip for my first gopher game in Madison. What a day what a night. Euphoric.

First game I've ever been to and I picked a good one!

Damn---can we sign you up to be our good luck charm and go to every game?! You're 1-0 and saw an EPIC game.

Was there yesterday. Had previously been 0-6 in Madison (00, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16).

That was probably the most fun I've ever had at any game, ever.

My last in person Gopher game was shortly before I moved to Atlanta. The year was 2003. Yes, it was that game. The one which I shall not name. The amount of money I would now pay to cleanse my palate with a game like yesteday’s win... I would consider raiding my oldest son’s 529.

Last edited:

I am really happy for all of you that attended in person, especially those of you who have been through multiple disappointments in the past. I can't imagine being at some of those previous Wisconsin beatdowns or Gopher meltdowns and deciding to go back for more. Glad you got to experience this one, but more importantly hope the experiences start to even out and this isn't a one year blip.

My wife and I have been going to Gopher-Badger games home and away with Madison friends for 30 years. We were there for the Gophers last win in Madison, but sat through a lot of agony since. Of course, this was the one year we didn't make the trip.

I am really happy for all of you that attended in person, especially those of you who have been through multiple disappointments in the past. I can't imagine being at some of those previous Wisconsin beatdowns or Gopher meltdowns and deciding to go back for more. Glad you got to experience this one, but more importantly hope the experiences start to even out and this isn't a one year blip.

Overall 1-7 on the road for me, I was starting to lose hope. I was considering going to Rutgers next year just to secure a road win....

I was there at well. Posted before that one of my first gophers football memories is the loss in 2005 (young guy here), it feels so good to finally have the memory of winning, and to have been there when it happened.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

:)

Top Bottom