Reusse Apologists

Well, Skipper, you're asking about two things, radio and Twitter.

On radio, Reusse does more than pontificate, he also educates and reminds people of the importance of historical sports milestones, locally and nationally. On the radio, yes.

On Twitter, the bastion of social media bullying by groupthinkers world wide, he is selective in his topics and concise in his wording. He exudes more thought and class than 85% of Twitter users. So that is a qualified yes.

I don't see how my responses matter compared with the cost of repairing the synced light stereo speaker that Alice "danced" on @ SAE.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What he does on the radio is absolutely not journalism. Captain. Reusse freely admits he's a troll and enjoys being a troll. His goal is to elicit a response, and he gets it from us.

Last edited:

What he does on the radio is absolutely not journalism. Captain. Reusse freely admits he's a troll and enjoys being a troll. His goal is to elicit a response, and he gets it from us.
Oh, he embraces the term now? The tools must have worn him down. Still being a Troll and eliciting a response has more integrity than being a tool and eliciting people to foolishly empty their wallets.

Oh, he embraces the term now? The tools must have worn him down. Still being a Troll and eliciting a response has more integrity than being a tool and eliciting people to foolishly empty their wallets.

Yes, embraces the term. Uses the term. If you listen to him, you've heard him say it -- often. He tweeted today bragging about reeling in "fish" with his tweet about the Gophers. His radio station employer embraced it today promoting his podcast.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes, embraces the term. Uses the term. If you listen to him, you've heard him say it -- often. He tweeted today bragging about reeling in "fish" with his tweet about the Gophers. His radio station employer embraced it today promoting his podcast.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is 1500 under the impression that people listen to this garbage? If so, they are nuts.

Bottom line for me is that there is no longer any listenable sports talk radio in this city.

I used to enjoy Joe Soucheray's show because I enjoyed his chemistry with Rookie... Tolerated Pat because he was in the package.

Now its news or music, sometimes nothing on my 50 minute commute home in the afternoon. I have also not paid a nickel for a newspaper in years.

I doubt he's ever even spoken to Fleck.

I remember Reusse bitching and moaning about some press conference or press box one time.

Sid happened to be there and responded When were you there? I haven't seen you there....

Reusse then stumbled in his rant / train of thought and after Sid pressed the point further admitted he hadn't been there...

Dude is empty as it gets as far as any intellectual honesty or thought. There's no point in paying those folks any attention. They'll say anything as long as it gets them a paycheck.

Is 1500 under the impression that people listen to this garbage? If so, they are nuts.

Bottom line for me is that there is no longer any listenable sports talk radio in this city.

I used to enjoy Joe Soucheray's show because I enjoyed his chemistry with Rookie... Tolerated Pat because he was in the package.

Now its news or music, sometimes nothing on my 50 minute commute home in the afternoon. I have also not paid a nickel for a newspaper in years.
Well, after being a loyal listener since 1986, KSTP AM 1500 has really worked hard at alienating me. First, they fold Patrick into Zulgad & Mackey's coolest. Then today, I tuned in at what I thought was 5:45 pm (having forgotten to set the vehicle clock backwards) and find Zulgad hosting a Packer gabfest. I'm waiting for him to throw the Gophers aside for Badger talk.

I thought 1500 was a Minnesota based radio station in Minneapolis & St. Paul, not a Wisconsin radio station.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

That's even worse. He's too much of a coward to do it to Fleck's face.

Believe what ever you want. I think he did it just to get a chuckle from those sitting in the Al Shaver Press Box.

Top Bottom