Reusse Apologists

goldy93

Reaction score
Where are you? Any of you asshats want to post now?

Resusse probably crapping in his pants all afternoon.

Patrick Reusse, the King of Bulletin Board material! The Movtivator of Master Motivators!

Genius!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Possible, but more related to his age and physical health than this imaginary voodoo he has against the gophers.

He's been very active.
He's retweeting the hateful tweets he receives and he posted that Jim Wacker also won at WI and was looking for a job a couple years later.
He's doing what he does.

It PJ took this team to three CFP Championships and routed Alabama in everyone by 45 points, Reusse still wouldn't back down on PJ. Some haters just want to hate.

Pat probably would be very happy if the program builds on today and rises up. He has always been a fan since his youth, regardless of his written and verbal output, based on his cynicism and intolerance for not so stellar results the last 51 years.

He's been very active.
He's retweeting the hateful tweets he receives and he posted that Jim Wacker also won at WI and was looking for a job a couple years later.
He's doing what he does.

It PJ took this team to three CFP Championships and routed Alabama in everyone by 45 points, Reusse still wouldn't back down on PJ. Some haters just want to hate.
I hope for the best, but don’t think that this will happen in Pat’s lifetime.

Where are you? Any of you asshats want to post now?

It was a great win. Best in years. We are still a 6-6 team that got destroyed by Illinois and won 3 BIG games. My expectations are higher than where we are today. I’m ecstatic about the victory, but we aren’t there yet.

Pat probably would be very happy if the program builds on today and rises up. He has always been a fan since his youth, regardless of his written and verbal output, based on his cynicism and intolerance for not so stellar results the last 51 years.

agreed. any gopher success in football we may expectn an article with quotes from 80 yr old gopher fans and he'll act like he was with them the whole time .

It was a great win. Best in years. We are still a 6-6 team that got destroyed by Illinois and won 3 BIG games. My expectations are higher than where we are today. I’m ecstatic about the victory, but we aren’t there yet.

Today makes you an asshat, almighty. Or should I say, Patrick? :eek:

The thing about the Gopher haters is that college football always gives them an excuse. Beat Wisconsin? Oh they didn't win the West. Win the West? Oh they lost when it counted. Win the Big Ten? Oh they didn't make the playoffs. Get to the Rose Bowl? Oh they lost.

You'll never prove these people wrong. So forget em.

+1

The thing about the Gopher haters is that college football always gives them an excuse. Beat Wisconsin? Oh they didn't win the West. Win the West? Oh they lost when it counted. Win the Big Ten? Oh they didn't make the playoffs. Get to the Rose Bowl? Oh they lost.

Only one of these things has happened.

If we were Northwestern right now, people would be pointing at our bad non-conference losses.

Still like Pat. He does what he does. I sometimes agree, sometimes disagree, and sometimes think he is downright unfair. But my skin is pretty thick and I am thankful for the many great columns and radio shows that I have enjoyed (see 2015 TOTY and the highlights from MNST).

He has crafted a hell of a career in a business that only has room for a few at his level.

And today I enjoyed seeing him being spectaularily wrong!

Today makes you an asshat, almighty. Or should I say, Patrick? :eek:

Why am I an asshat? Because I’m appreciating beating a rival for the first Tim in 15 years, but not wanting to give Fleck a lifetime contract? I didn’t get overly excited over beating Purdue nor did I get overly down over losing to Illinois. I prefer to evaluate a season based on the overall results and progress that the team made.

Wacker beat a really great Wisconsin team and I’m glad we didn’t extend him 10 years afterwards.

He's been very active.
He's doing what he does.

Which is why he does it. It works.

Nobody should give a damn about what he says, particularly now for "bleeps" sake.

The Gophers got the Axe back. :party:

Why am I an asshat? Because I’m appreciating beating a rival for the first Tim in 15 years, but not wanting to give Fleck a lifetime contract? I didn’t get overly excited over beating Purdue nor did I get overly down over losing to Illinois. I prefer to evaluate a season based on the overall results and progress that the team made.

Wacker beat a really great Wisconsin team and I’m glad we didn’t extend him 10 years afterwards.

You missed the smiley.

Seriously, I think Reusse's reaction to Fleck is very similar to my reaction to Fleck.

I don't like the slogans, the catch phrases, and the general way that Fleck presents himself. That has NOTHING to do with Fleck's ability as a football coach. But some people want to lump the two together. If Reusse says, or I say, that we have problems with Fleck's personality and the way he presents himself, people say we hate the Gophers or want the team to fail.

Those are two separate issues. I have problems with the things Fleck says. As far as Fleck the coach, I base that on the results. The Gophers won 5 games last year. So far, they've won 6 games this year, with a chance to win 7. That is a step in the right direction.

Seriously, I think Reusse's reaction to Fleck is very similar to my reaction to Fleck.

I don't like the slogans, the catch phrases, and the general way that Fleck presents himself. That has NOTHING to do with Fleck's ability as a football coach. But some people want to lump the two together. If Reusse says, or I say, that we have problems with Fleck's personality and the way he presents himself, people say we hate the Gophers or want the team to fail.

Those are two separate issues. I have problems with the things Fleck says. As far as Fleck the coach, I base that on the results. The Gophers won 5 games last year. So far, they've won 6 games this year, with a chance to win 7. That is a step in the right direction.

Would you flip PJ the bird if you saw him at a Wild game? Pat did.

100% agreed. What’s funny is that we just won a game that we’ve been waiting to win for 15 years and some folks (not you) want to make it about Reusse instead of just enjoying it.

Reminds me of my ex-wife

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

See what I mean?

@Patrick_Reusse 3m3 minutes ago

Can’t believe we almost decided to make the Turkey extinct in any form & now it’s buzzin’ louder than ever. This is fantastic. Thanks, Goph-heads.

Pat has been reduced to playing a villain-like character to sell clicks/newspapers. It's for show. He's playing a character just like in all star wrestling: remember Ric Flair, The Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, etc.? Everybody loves to hate a villain...and every good drama needs a villain. Pat's the made-up villain here.

I personally don't care for insincere drama in most sports columns. Therefore, I don't read Pat unless he's writing about high school or small college sports where he usually plays it straight with some decent human interest stories. That's just me. Some people love his stuff just like some people love the National Enquirer.

Pat has been reduced to playing a villain-like character to sell clicks/newspapers. It's for show. He's playing a character just like in all star wrestling: remember Ric Flair, The Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, etc.? Everybody loves to hate a villain...and every good drama needs a villain. Pat's the made-up villain here.

I personally don't care for insincere drama in most sports columns. Therefore, I don't read Pat unless he's writing about high school or small college sports where he usually plays it straight with some decent human interest stories. That's just me. Some people love his stuff just like some people love the National Enquirer.
Psssttt.... Two things that don't break kayfabe are newspapers and politics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom