Unsung Hero - Julian Huff

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Just want to give a shout out to Julian Huff who hasn't gotten a chance to play all that much under Fleck, but came in and played an outstanding game today when we needed him. Cashman getting tossed could have been a death knell, but it was not today. Give that kid a game ball.

Just want to give a shout out to Julian Huff who hasn't gotten a chance to play all that much under Fleck, but came in and played an outstanding game today when we needed him. Cashman getting tossed could have been a death knell, but it was not today. Give that kid a game ball.

Cashman being out I thought could be the turning point of the game, but Julian was "next man up" to the fullest degree he could.

Julian Huff and his teammates were huge when Cashman was given the boot.

Heck yes! A couple huge stuffs on Taylor and of course the interception. He was all over the place. Made a huge impact as a Freshman and now in his last regular season game as a senior. Way to go, Julian!

Yeah.

Also #2 played much better the last 3 games

Agreed - great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only question is: Why hasn't he been playing? He was the better Huff before PJ. Together they make our defense better. Like many have said, I thought we were in trouble when Cashman got tossed. Pretty cool that was not his last game. Way to go Gophers!

I thought the play by play guy, (who I think is a White Sox broadcaster, and ESPN B Ball commentator who had sit next to Bill Walton all week in Hawaii?) nailed it when he noted that Huff number one was right with his brother after the interception, and he had a couple of other Huff stories ready as well. Jason Benetti is a lot like Cory Provus, just a good professional broadcaster who can handle any sport.

I am not a real fan of the other guy (ex QB) but I thought they did a pretty nice job today.

The only question is: Why hasn't he been playing? He was the better Huff before PJ. Together they make our defense better. Like many have said, I thought we were in trouble when Cashman got tossed. Pretty cool that was not his last game. Way to go Gophers!

He hasn’t been playing because he isn’t one of the top linebackers and he isn’t fast enough to play safety

Julian had a great game. Hats off to him for being ready.

I thought the play by play guy, (who I think is a White Sox broadcaster, and ESPN B Ball commentator who had sit next to Bill Walton all week in Hawaii?) nailed it when he noted that Huff number one was right with his brother after the interception, and he had a couple of other Huff stories ready as well. Jason Benetti is a lot like Cory Provus, just a good professional broadcaster who can handle any sport.

I am not a real fan of the other guy (ex QB) but I thought they did a pretty nice job today.

Agree on the crew. About as good as you can expect. Kelly Stouffer I think was the QB. They kept it light at times which is cool by me.

Good depth at LB. Beating Wisconsin without defensive players Winfield, Cashman, Shenault. Huff played great today.

Kudo's to Julian. Very nice game.

Played a great game. Huge impact. Very happy he got on the field today and played great.

It was a great day when we recruited the Huff brothers. They have been solid for their entire time here. Glad to see Julian go out on a high note....

Top Bottom