I didn't think PJ was the guy...I am eating crow now

csom_1991

Reaction score
And I couldn't be happier. Although I don't think I will ever embrace his row the boat nonsense, if it works with the kids, then it is a small price to pay. Go Gophers!

And I couldn't be happier. Although I don't think I will ever embrace his row the boat nonsense, if it works with the kids, then it is a small price to pay. Go Gophers!

6-6 makes him the guy?

What a bunch of dbags. We have not beaten Becky in how long?

Hey, good for you for manning up. You might end up being right. Who knows what will happen from here on out, but this was a special end to a roller coaster season. The kids NEVER stopped playing hard or believing this year, despite all the crap. They clearly love Coach Fleck, believe in each other, and are becoming great young men. Awesome day! Ski-U-Mah, Go GOphers!

Really need to celebrate todays win before you start questioning the future. Plenty of negative posting time but for today = We got the AXE back !!!!!!!

Really need to celebrate todays win before you start questioning the future. Plenty of negative posting time but for today = We got the AXE back !!!!!!!

Right! Today is a day to celebrate. The future will take care of itself. I'm on record of being concerned about overexposing freshmen, physically, to BIG play, and that rears its head 80% of the time. I'm hoping we're in the 20% and can get away with it. That said, today is a good day.

God, how do you feel about Chryst’s performance

I’m thrilled about the victory. That said, this hire feels too emotional to me. Congrats to Rossi for the past month, but I’d prefer to see a more thoughtful and diligent approach taken to finding a DC. Ive said it before, look at his resume and I think that we can do better. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m right. Time will tell.

One game doesn't turn him into a great coach, but for some this was instrumental in seeing progress in the right direction which others feel was happening but didn't have the wins to point to.

One game doesn't turn him into a great coach, but for some this was instrumental in seeing progress in the right direction which others feel was happening but didn't have the wins to point to.

This is a fair take. I think we clearly have more talent on this roster than we have had in years, but it is up to Fleck to coach that talent into wins. Today was a great step and I think to be 6-6, with all of the freshmen, especially at QB, is a big step.

I’m pretty sure that before the season started, if asked would we take a bowl game and a win over Becky, all of us would have, regardless of how we got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that I thought the Gophers would get thrashed but I’m glad to be wrong. If Fleck can get the right guys he could lead them to some bigger bowls, but I will take this win for now as a sign they could be heading in the right direction.

Whether eating crow is merited or not the fact is we beat Wisconsin.

Pretty much have beat everyone else in the West except them since the two realignments...The Legends and The West.

Don't care about the specifics. It finally happened. This is worth a modest letup in skepticism to see if something better unfolds.

Today is fantastic for Gophers football no matter the HC...

Classy post...

Too bad a lot of the Fleck haters can’t even bring themselves to post and enjoy the win.

Right! Today is a day to celebrate. The future will take care of itself. I'm on record of being concerned about overexposing freshmen, physically, to BIG play, and that rears its head 80% of the time. I'm hoping we're in the 20% and can get away with it. That said, today is a good day.

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Classy post...

Too bad a lot of the Fleck haters can’t even bring themselves to post and enjoy the win.

Anyone that is not happy about what just went down in Madison is not an actual fan of the Gophers. Love or hate the coach it doesn't matter right now because the team just beat Wisconsin and brought home the Axe!

It's too soon to pronounce the Fleck regime a success, with a 5-win season followed by a 6-win season. But I'm happy today.

Eight wins next year sounds like a reasonable expectation, with all the improved talent we've heard about and all those freshmen being a year older, bigger, stronger, and wiser in 2019.

The wins we had were by large margins, so even though these teams weren't ranked, we're beating teams towards the top of the division by large margins and lost to Northwestern by 10 when we were minus 4 on turnovers.

It's a good trend.

We've seen both bad and good football this year...more often than not in the same game.

Fortunately the good was good enough to bring home The Axe and make this a 13 game season...in Year 1.

Now on to the bowl game...

3 conference wins .. big win over unrated team to end the season...you were dead wrong...

Here's the deal for me. Fleck has a schtick and it grates on some people. I'm old and have realized over the years that if you scratch the surface of any head coach in pretty much any sport and you'll find some level of schtick. I thought Jerry Kill was a very good football coach, but his "I'm just a homely country boy with a hot wife so draw your own conclusions" rap was as grating on me as anything that comes out of Fleck's mouth. But they are both good coaches and as a Gopher fan, I support their efforts equally.

Bottom line, Fleck knows what he's doing. He proved that at Western Michigan and, yes, that's the MAC so it's a step below the B1G and he has to prove his methods will work on the bigger stage. That's going to boil down to recruiting, development, and game planning. We'll see if he can get it done and there will be side-steps and disappointments along the way, but I have no doubt that he is capable of succeeding.

Top Bottom